This discussion is closed.
_EMMA_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
vavavoom - we didn't get to choose topics for our history internal assessment either, I got assigned Russia under Stalin 1924 - whenever it was he died (mind blank at the mo).
vavavoom and linda why couldn't you choose subhect yourself? i don't take history but have friends that do and they choosed themselves.
vavavoom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by _EMMA_)
vavavoom and linda why couldn't you choose subhect yourself? i don't take history but have friends that do and they choosed themselves.
I didn't know we had a choice!! The teacher just said 'you topic must be from the cold war', so that's what I did........I think it's so the teacher makes sure we're writing the right stuff.
puremomentai14
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
okay then, i didn't bother reading through the what...20 pages of replies?

I'm in my 2nd year of IB now...and i'm taking:
Geography HL
Mandarin SL
Physics HL
Computer Science SL
English A1 HL
Math SL

and you know what? It really sucks when you're the only Computer Science IB student in the whole school!!!!! really sucks i'm tellin you.. .never ever ever do it if you have the choice... noone to talk to when you dunno how to do something. blah!
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by puremomentai14)
okay then, i didn't bother reading through the what...20 pages of replies?

I'm in my 2nd year of IB now...and i'm taking:
Geography HL
Mandarin SL
Physics HL
Computer Science SL
English A1 HL
Math SL

and you know what? It really sucks when you're the only Computer Science IB student in the whole school!!!!! really sucks i'm tellin you.. .never ever ever do it if you have the choice... noone to talk to when you dunno how to do something. blah!
welcome to the forum!
you are the only Computer Science IB student that i have seen on this forum. how does the exams look?
_EMMA_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vavavoom)
I didn't know we had a choice!! The teacher just said 'you topic must be from the cold war', so that's what I did........I think it's so the teacher makes sure we're writing the right stuff.
yeah, and maybe it is a good idea. i have heard that some had problem choosing a subject that wasn't to broad.
renarr
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
[Name] Rena
[Year] 1st
[Subjects, specify if HL or SL]
-English A1 HL
-History HL
-Economics HL
-Chemistry SL
-Math Methods
-Chinese B SL
[Strongest Subjects] English and History
[Extended Essay Topic] The autobiographical nature of Plath's poetry
[ToK Essay Question + Presentation]
-Undecided ( Any suggestions????)
vavavoom
Rep:
?
(Original post by LadyNamibia)
[Name] Rena
[ToK Essay Question + Presentation]
-Undecided ( Any suggestions????)
Welcome to the forum . You can do anything for your presentation (though our teachers helped us out by presenting us with a lot of possible presentation titles. If you want them plz tell me ) and your essay is assigned by the IB. You will have 10 possible choices.

You're in your first year of IB right? You don't really have to worry about this till 12th grade

~vavavoom~
Igor
Report 16 years ago
yeah, and maybe it is a good idea. i have heard that some had problem choosing a subject that wasn't to broad.
I think that those ppl that had problems with narrowing down the topic would face the same difficulties even if their teacher gave them the broader topic (like Cold War or Stalin's rule). afterall, you still have to find a specific topic inside this broader topic.
anyway, I still think that this is actually a restriction of the students' rights and it shows the teacher's incompetence to give good advice on other topics than the one (s)he has chosen for you to work on. but hey, my school violated our rights as well, for example we weren't allowed to take the A1 language (Slovene) on SL and things like that...
puremomentai14
Report 16 years ago
welcome to the forum!
you are the only Computer Science IB student that i have seen on this forum. how does the exams look?
well, the first paper looks like it'll be okay, since it's just memorizing stuff out of the textbook..
but the second paper includes writing algorithms and doing something with the case study they give you.. it's the second paper i'm worried about

man... only 11 school days for me until IB exams :eek:
vavavoom
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Igor]I think that those ppl that had problems with narrowing down the topic would face the same difficulties even if their teacher gave them the broader topic (like Cold War or Stalin's rule). afterall, you still have to find a specific topic inside this broader topic.
[quote]

Actually, since he narrowed it down I found it very, very easy to choose a topic.

anyway, I still think that this is actually a restriction of the students' rights and it shows the teacher's incompetence to give good advice on other topics than the one (s)he has chosen for you to work on. but hey, my school violated our rights as well, for example we weren't allowed to take the A1 language (Slovene) on SL and things like that...
Yea, we don't have Japanese A1 which is soooo weird....though i'm glad i'm in A2 (which is the highest level you can take for Japanese in our school).
vavavoom
Rep:
?
well, the first paper looks like it'll be okay, since it's just memorizing stuff out of the textbook..
but the second paper includes writing algorithms and doing something with the case study they give you.. it's the second paper i'm worried about

man... only 11 school days for me until IB exams :eek:
9 for me!! and if you subtract senior skip day 8!! Waaaaaaaa :eek:
vavavoom
Rep:
?

Really?! You're the only one? Half my class takes it!!!
Waythaga
Report 16 years ago
Hey cool - lots of IB people!
I haven't bothered to read thru all 20 odd pages of replys, but i do
History HL
Chemistry HL
Art HL
French SL
Maths Studies
English A SL
and as for extended essays..... man its hard to choose what to do
good luck with exams, stay cool :rolleyes:
wow i have all that to look forward to this time next year!
sarahwhatevver
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
9 for me!! and if you subtract senior skip day 8!! Waaaaaaaa :eek:

9 official school days...
*wonders what the worst could be if she didnt show up for her exams* hmm...
sarahwhatevver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Waythaga)
Hey cool - lots of IB people!
good luck with exams, stay cool :rolleyes:
wow i have all that to look forward to this time next year!
haha...understatement of the year...looking forward to is the right way to go about it...all I can say is I AM SO GLAD IT WILL BE OVER IN LESS THAN ONE MONTH!!!
silltilly
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sarahwhatevver)
looking forward to is the right way to go about it...all I can say is I AM SO GLAD IT WILL BE OVER IN LESS THAN ONE MONTH!!!
I know!! I'm keeping a countdown. 15 days until the first exam, and 35 until my last exam. Woohoo!
vavavoom
Rep:
?
(Original post by silltilly)
I know!! I'm keeping a countdown. 15 days until the first exam, and 35 until my last exam. Woohoo!
15 days until the first exam....oh god......

I think we all deserve 7s for the effort and sleepless nights we've put into this.....
sarahwhatevver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
15 days until the first exam....oh god......

I think we all deserve 7s for the effort and sleepless nights we've put into this.....
Hear hear!!
My tough exams are over on the 12th of May after which I have French ab and ITGS for which I won't be doing much studying...the thought that there is almost this little bit to go keeps me 'going' I think!!
DrSoySauce
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm really lucky: I only have exams for five subjects, and one of them (French) I'm not studying for at all. I'm the only one in my class who actually speaks any French, so I'm not worried at all.
vavavoom
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrSoySauce)
I'm really lucky: I only have exams for five subjects, and one of them (French) I'm not studying for at all. I'm the only one in my class who actually speaks any French, so I'm not worried at all.
One of my friends only has 4 subjects as he took two last year...lucky...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (89)
21.76%
No (320)
78.24%

Watched Threads