Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahwhatevver)
    It sounds like you guys have plenty of IB students in your school...we are a class of 5 AND the first IB Diploma students of Central Asia so everything is kind of new! Generally, how many students does a normal sized IB class consist of?
    Umm I'm not sure actually. IB is compulsory in my school, and there are 37 ppl in my grade. It's a small school

Wow, you must feel special being one of the first IB diploma students of Central Asia!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Umm I'm not sure actually. IB is compulsory in my school, and there are 37 ppl in my grade. It's a small school

Wow, you must feel special being one of the first IB diploma students of Central Asia!!
    wow...37 sounds enormous to me!! I think its much much better with more people in your class because I have classes where I am the only student, and it gets awfully boring and you cant laze around since the teacher is on to you 24/7! (:
    As for being special, all I can say is, "wanna trade?"....hehehehe!

ReputationRep:
    There are about 80 in my grade I think.

ReputationRep:
    [Name] A----
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?] 2nd year (THANK GOODNESS!)
    [Subjects, specify if HL or SL]
    - English (HL)
    - French (HL)
    - History (HL)
    - ITGS (SL)
    - Physics (SL)
    - Math (SL)
    [Strongest Subjects]
    -English, French, ITGS, and Physics (strangely enough)
    [Extended Essay Topic]
    The Causes of Alcoholism Among Canadian Indigenous Peoples
    [ToK Essay Question + Presentation]
    - Question #2 (If facts by themselves never prove or disprove anything, what else is involved in the proof of a statement?)
    - Speech - Columbine High School --How do we assess who is to blame?
    [Extra Comments]
    If anyone has any ideas about the TOK Essay topic, please let me know!

ReputationRep:
    My class will be the fourth IB class to graduate from the American Int'l School of R'dam, and there are 11 in the final year, 8 doing full IB, and three doing various certificates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Braynless)
    My class will be the fourth IB class to graduate from the American Int'l School of R'dam, and there are 11 in the final year, 8 doing full IB, and three doing various certificates.
    I guess that is what our school would be like in a couple of years...(:

btw, since French is your best subject, I want to ask you something...I am doing French ab and am absolutely hopeless with the grammar, the passe compose, l'imparfait etc etc...any suggestions on how I can manage to get SOMETHING into my head? My teacher is at her wits end trying to teach me how to get it right...
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    There are about 80 in my grade I think.
    Wow that's a lot~.

ReputationRep:
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?] 2nd year
    [Subjects, specify if HL or SL]
    -Chemistry HL
    -Biology HL
    -Geography HL
    -Maths Methods
    -English A1 SL
    -French B SL
    Portuguese
    [Strongest Subjects]
    Pretty ok at all of them best are chemistry, biology, maths and geography
    [Extended Essay Topic]
    Biology: The causes of Left- Handedness
    [ToK Essay Question + Presentation]
    Not as yet
    [Extra Comments]

ReputationRep:
    [Extra Comments]
    My school has been doing the IB since '86, and in total the IB here is about 110 people, 60 in 2nd yr IB!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Shines_)
    [Extra Comments]
    My school has been doing the IB since '86, and in total the IB here is about 110 people, 60 in 2nd yr IB!
    Wow that's a lot too! My school is so small Has around 600 ppl in it from Kindergarden to Highschool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Holy crap! thats a difficult subject combo! I have the exact same subject, only I have swedish instead of Chinese, and my english is at B standard level, and the economics is also at standard. Im having a damn stressed up time, I really feel for you ... Let me know if you need any info in Physics. It my all time strongest subject, but then that appears to be the case for you too

Btw: Math HL is hell when the teatcher and the book sucks!
    Lol.. you're right physics is in fact my best subject!!
    Thanks for your sympathy but these were the subjects I chose for some reasons..

Yes Math HL is hell... I don'tthink many people are doing it on this forum... both my teacher, and my books can't be anymore worse...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akk713)

Yes Math HL is hell... I don'tthink many people are doing it on this forum... both my teacher, and my books can't be anymore worse...
    I completely agree with your statement about Maths HL... I must have been feeling suicidal when I chose it . Lol no, I love Maths, but sometimes it's way too frustrating (ie stupid de moivre's theorem)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Wow that's a lot too! My school is so small Has around 600 ppl in it from Kindergarden to Highschool.
    I envy all those people with so many kids in their IB class....I am in the same boat, our school has about 500 students from kindergarten to highschool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akk713)

The best decision I made in the IB was to switch from HL Math to Methods in the beginning of the 2nd year....it doesnt get any worse than Math HL I think!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blabber92)
    I completely agree with your statement about Maths HL... I must have been feeling suicidal when I chose it . Lol no, I love Maths, but sometimes it's way too frustrating (ie stupid de moivre's theorem)
    HAHAHAHA. I just hate when we have to use De moivre's theorem, because of I dislike to express complex numbers in polar form.

We have the math book MAthematics Higher Level written by Fabio Cirrito.

Its crap I tel you. In every topic theres a maximum of ONE decent example, and that is if you are lucky. It doesn't explain ****. We use it merely as a collection of practice questions.

ReputationRep:
    The best decision I made in the IB was to switch from HL Math to Methods in the beginning of the 2nd year....it doesnt get any worse than Math HL I think!!!
    When we started the HL class we were something like 15 or 17 students. Now we are 9 left Really, when people say that the IB syllabus is terrible, they are reffering to the Math HL class...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    HAHAHAHA. I just hate when we have to use De moivre's theorem, because of I dislike to express complex numbers in polar form.

We have the math book MAthematics Higher Level written by Fabio Cirrito.

Its crap I tel you. In every topic theres a maximum of ONE decent example, and that is if you are lucky. It doesn't explain ****. We use it merely as a collection of practice questions.
    I agree...that guy seemed to be in a real hurry writing those books...and every now and then the answers at the back are screwed....

ReputationRep:
    I agree...that guy seemed to be in a real hurry writing those books...and every now and then the answers at the back are screwed....
    Haha yeah, there are so many mistakes. I wasted two hours once trying to figure out what I did wrong, and then I realised that the answer at the back was wrong... We're meant to trust books, but somehow with that one it's a bit hard.

There are 5 people in my Maths class. Big huh? Lol. Oh, and I'm the only girl too.

My biggest class is Chemistry HL I think. There are about 14 of us I'd say. Physics HL has 8 people.

I'm fine with small classes, it's just that I'm really used to big Maths classes. I've always had a huge class, for the IGCSEs too, and now there's just 5 of us. There are 11 more people doing Maths HL, but they're in another class (timetable issues). There used to be more... A lot of people went from Methods to Higher after they got their IGCSE results and realised they had As and were allowed to do higher. But a lot of them returned to Methods having discovered that Higher wasn't exactly a piece of cake...

Does anybody here do two A languages?? It's a LOT of reading, I'm dying here trying to finish all those books...

ReputationRep:
    There are 11 more people doing Maths HL, but they're in another class (timetable issues).
    Well, we have a consistent timetable, but we still have separate methods and HL classes. Not strange conisddering maths HL is not exactly a walk in the park...

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, there are so many mistakes. I wasted two hours once trying to figure out what I did wrong, and then I realised that the answer at the back was wrong... We're meant to trust books, but somehow with that one it's a bit hard.

There are 5 people in my Maths class. Big huh? Lol. Oh, and I'm the only girl too.

My biggest class is Chemistry HL I think. There are about 14 of us I'd say. Physics HL has 8 people.
    ..... a lot of them returned to Methods having discovered that Higher wasn't exactly a piece of cake...

Does anybody here do two A languages?? It's a LOT of reading, I'm dying here trying to finish all those books...
    Well, we were about 8 kids in HL Math last year but then 6 of them left because they didnt need the IB (they were doing the local Kazakh programme). so we are just two Math students, and so the HL and
    Methods class are together...
    Only girl in the Math class! But would it be any better if you had another girl with you?
    The largest class I take is Biology, we are 4 students! Woohoo!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.