[Subjects, specify if HL or SL]
    -Math HL
    -Physics HL
    -Chem HL
    -Eco SL
    -Eng SL
    -French SL (ab initio) - i reli need help here ... :confused:
    [Strongest Subjects]Math, Chem, Physics
    [Extended Essay Topic] Impact of water scarcity for development in the village of Hisor in Gujarat (India) - Economics
    [ToK Essay Question + Presentation]
    - The language one...
    - Intuition, 6th sense and related stuff (feel free to give ur view's)
    [Extra Comments]
    In my school life suxz :mad:

Firstly, there are 54 ib students, out of which 40+ have an ib predicted of over 38/42 .. mines 40... but thats cuz im jus a genius not a nerd...

Secondly, they jus keep on studyin... in my first year my ib score was a 27... i didnt do **** and now everythin is gettin to me... i have to fukkin stay upp forever to complete my work... Its crazy, its pathetic, it suxss.... :eek:

Honestly although ib is the right way to go (according to many people).... what is it worth.... it ****s up ur social life... ur LIFE in general... and just abt everything else...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahoor)
    [Name] Zahoor

mines 40... but thats cuz im jus a genius not a nerd...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahoor)
    Honestly although ib is the right way to go (according to many people).... what is it worth.... it ****s up ur social life... ur LIFE in general... and just abt everything else...
    this maybe isn't much comfort but IB is only two years (and they go by fast even though it doesn't seems so) and after they are over you can do whatever you want, especially if you are predicted a 40. what are you going to read at uni?

ReputationRep:
    [Name] starya
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?] 2nd year :cool:
    -Finnish A1 SL
    -English A2 HL
    -French B SL
    -Biology HL
    -Economics HL
    -Math Methods
    [Strongest Subjects]biology, english and finnish.
    [Extended Essay Topic] english.. blah women's roles in society blah blah in two books blah blah..
    - not sure
    - not sure
    [Extra Comments]
    new to the forums!!! yay!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starya)
    [Name] starya
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?] 2nd year :cool:
    -Finnish A1 SL
    -English A2 HL
    -French B SL
    -Biology HL
    -Economics HL
    -Math Methods
    [Strongest Subjects]biology, english and finnish.
    [Extended Essay Topic] english.. blah women's roles in society blah blah in two books blah blah..
    - not sure
    - not sure
    [Extra Comments]
    new to the forums!!! yay!!!
    Wow another Finnish one here Which school you going?

ReputationRep:
    AAA the good old ib thread, i ve been geting mails for ages about new posts decided i will show up to tease you all the IB is overrated boys and girls, to proove i did in 1 year while you all are doing in 2, and i spend most of that year not really studying in fact i got the award for the guy that did the least and got more points than most people. But to stop it there I wont tease with how much i got, i got enough to go to trinity college dublin to do business economics and social studies and got enough to get the prize for academic achievements in french b hl. I also could have go doing International Relations with political science in the uk got a firm offer, but decided to be in dublin instead. So there we go IB is overrated and i wish you all the best of luck in your work. Try to have fun most of all. The ib nerds is created by you and only you can proove it wrong. The only regret i have is i miss my friends :'(

and if someone is wondering no im not a genius or anything like that, i am just me. For the record i was really expecting some fancy diploma from teh IB instead i got a flying peace of paper printed on a goold old matrice printer.

Try to forgive me for my arrogance, atleast i have something behind me to be arrogant for , no really no hard feelings. Its annoying i know, just do what you feel its right to do. If anyone needs help feel free to ask me, try pming cause the next time i might check the threads might be in who knows when. Have fun and enjoy, just remember its not that hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    this maybe isn't much comfort but IB is only two years (and they go by fast even though it doesn't seems so) and after they are over you can do whatever you want, especially if you are predicted a 40. what are you going to read at uni?
    ya maybe ur right but these two years have really been hard on me... cuz like ive had to make the transition from a hard core party animal to barely being able to party and havin to study all the time..... whenver i sit down with my work i jus cant get started... its soo harrowing...n i see my friends (who arent doin the ib) like once in a month or so...

the only reason y im not quittin the ib or killin myself is that i know later on it wont be soo hard... but i jus feel ib shouldnt bee sooo intense... it really stresses everyone out...

ReputationRep:
    you will manage zahoor

ReputationRep:
    [Name] Natalia
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?] 2nd

-Spanish
    -English
    -Biology
    -Economics
    -Math Studies
    -Arts

I don't know which ones are HL and SL, I didn't chose them, I didn't even chose the subjects, the school did, the only option I had was wether to take Arts or Italian, and as I don't know any Italian, and my classmates have been studying the language since 4th grade, I decided on Arts.

[Strongest Subjects] I think English, and Spanish, and maybe Maths.

[Extended Essay Topic] I may do it in history, but I haven't chosen a topic yet.

- Don't know yet.

[Extra Comments]
    I'm actually starting next year (in march) and I have to do everything in that year, but I have been to a couple of classes to get an idea of how it will be. The only think I don't like so far, is that my school won't let me chose my own subjects, but I think most IB schools are like that here (Argentina)

ReputationRep:
    I turned to spend a lot of time here hehe, but maybe the school doesn't offer many subjects. Very few around the world offer all the ib subjects. So it's probable that the choices availible are 0 well 2 either italina or arts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalia_)
    [Extra Comments]
    The only think I don't like so far, is that my school won't let me chose my own subjects, but I think most IB schools are like that here (Argentina)
    they don't offer all the subjects at so many schools. but this is the first time i have heard that you couldn't choose any subjects. (except art then) i had to read biology cause that was the only subject in that group that the school offered.

ReputationRep:
    I heard that my school used to offer history too until last year, but later they decided economics was more useful, and that it didn't matter much as we already have argentine history anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    As there are a lot of IB Students in this forum I thought i'd make a thread for ppl just to introduce themselves and say what subjects they're studying. This way we can PM each other and help everyone get those top grades! Hee hee

So, if your an IB student plz fill out this questionnare.

[Name] choca_holick (more commonly Jen)
    - Chemistry (H)
    - Biology (S)
    - Maths Methods (S) plus an A-level in maths
    - English (H)
    - Italian (S)
    - Psychology (H)
    [Strongest Subjects] um, psychology, biology and possibly english
    [Extended Essay Topic] Psychology: A study into dyslexia
    - Essay question 3, the one to do with language controlling other ways of knowing
    - Presentation - the reliability of eye-witness testimony
    [Extra Comments]
    Nice idea, it's interesting to see the range of subjects people are actually doing, not all that many variations are offered at my college

ReputationRep:
    [Name] Veena
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?] 2nd year
    - Economics HL
    - Geography HL
    - Physics HL
    - English A1 SL
    - Maths Methods
    - Malay Ab initio SL
    [Strongest Subjects] Geo, Econ, Maths
    [Extended Essay Topic] Geography - have pro natal policies in singapore increased its birth rate?
    - problems of language (presentation)
    - Language one... cant remember i think question 3

ReputationRep:
    Minou
    2nd yr
    - English A1 HL
    - History HL
    - Art HL
    - Math Methods SL
    - German A2 SL
    - Biology SL
    Strongest Subjects: History, English, German
    EE: Discussion of the theme of a German book
    TOK: the one with "all ethical statements are relative" (havent chosen a presentation topic yet)

lots of comments i could make on the ib...but right now none of them would be too pretty :hmpf: :wink:
    does someone have German A2 SL past papers...pls? cant find them anywhere..
    if so could u send them to me at [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    has anyone read Miss Julie and A Dolls house to help me with my engl A! WL assignment
    thanks
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    has anyone read Miss Julie and A Dolls house to help me with my engl A! WL assignment
    thanks
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    [Name] Thamina
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?] IB 2
    - English HL
    - History HL
    - French HL
    - Biology SL
    - Math Studies SL
    - Art SL

[Strongest Subjects] English and History
    [Extended Essay Topic] Ideological comparison between Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X
    - My question was to explain how responsible action depends on sound critical thinking and unfortunately since the first one REALLY sucked, I had to do it all over again!
    - Presentation - The capture of Saddam Hussein and the reliability of evidence, news coverage, etc.
    [Extra Comments]
    I'm SOOOO glad it's my last year!!

ReputationRep:
    [Name] rebecca
    biology hl
    swedish a1 hl
    english b hl
    chemistry sl
    economics sl
    mmethods sl

[Strongest Subjects] biology, english b
    [Extended Essay Topic] The Treatment and Exploitation of American Culture in Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita (engB)
    #8 - on historians
    presentation: can purposely misleading ever be justified? (fox news and the war on iraq)
    [Extra Comments] being predicted all 7 does not take you into oxford.

ReputationRep:
    [Name] Abakar

Maths hl
    Economics hl
    Russian B1 b hl
    History sl
    Biology sl
    English sl

[Strongest Subjects] biology, maths, economics, russian b
    [Extended Essay Topic] To what extent did hte actions of the russian government influence the initiation and outcome of the Default crisis in RUssia in 1998
    The one on Knowing the right things and doing the right things.
    Presentation: What is the impact of superbowl advertising
    [Extra Comments] I am not sure why I did the IB But I would do it again.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.