Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahwhatevver)
    Well, we were about 8 kids in HL Math last year but then 6 of them left because they didnt need the IB (they were doing the local Kazakh programme). so we are just two Math students, and so the HL and
    Methods class are together...
    Only girl in the Math class! But would it be any better if you had another girl with you?
    The largest class I take is Biology, we are 4 students! Woohoo!
    Haha, largest class has 4 students My largest class is History. Everyone who takes History is taking HL coz our teacher said there's not much difference between the two levels. There are 18 ppl. Last year there were around 21 (some ppl left) and the teacher kept on groaning about what a large class we were :P There were sometimes a shortage of books!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Haha, largest class has 4 students My largest class is History. Everyone who takes History is taking HL coz our teacher said there's not much difference between the two levels. There are 18 ppl. Last year there were around 21 (some ppl left) and the teacher kept on groaning about what a large class we were :P There were sometimes a shortage of books!!
    hehe...see? I wasnt exaggerating!!! (;
    18 is a nice number, I am used to classes that have 19-25 students which was great! And now it just feels as if too many people are absent every day! Its the second year now I so I am kind of used to the idea but....! (:
    How small is your smallest class though? (I am the only student in French ab...hehe..couldnt get much worse could it?)
    And anyone else who reads this, how big are your biggest classes and how small are your smallest ones?? (:
    (Just curious....!)

ReputationRep:
    hehe...see? I wasnt exaggerating!!! (;
    18 is a nice number, I am used to classes that have 19-25 students which was great! And now it just feels as if too many people are absent every day! Its the second year now I so I am kind of used to the idea but....! (:
    How small is your smallest class though? (I am the only student in French ab...hehe..couldnt get much worse could it?)
    And anyone else who reads this, how big are your biggest classes and how small are your smallest ones?? (:
    (Just curious....!)
    My smallest class is Biology SL. We have 8 ppl. It's so small and open and it's my favourite class! I hate classes with lots of ppl....I honestly think i'll enjoy history more if there were less ppl in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Shortage of books? As in you don't buy them yourselves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Shortage of books? As in you don't buy them yourselves?
    Do you guys actually buy your own books?! Isnt that kind of expensive?

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys actually buy your own books?! Isnt that kind of expensive?
    Oh not really. The physics book can be yours for just £90 and then you have 5 other subjects plus all the books you have to read in your language subjects. Add to this that we have a £700 fee just to do the IB course and you can figure where this is going... Then of course, we have to do all the CAS activities on our spare time, which means.. EXACTLY, we have to pay more money... Ok! Norway might have among the highest wages in the world, but then Oslo is also the most expensive town to live in (sometimes chalanged by Tokyo ). My bus card which is due for three months cost me £80 or so. Im not certain where the currency is at now, but this was when the currency was £1 = 10 NOK.

ReputationRep:
    It's more like £1 = 13 NOK
    at least your parents pay for you, I have to pay everything myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    you have to pay to do the IB course?! i didn't know that. is it the same in some other countries as well?
    And in case it wasn't clear, we go to a public school (public in this case meaning state owned).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Oh not really. The physics book can be yours for just £90 and then you have 5 other subjects plus all the books you have to read in your language subjects. Add to this that we have a £700 fee just to do the IB course and you can figure where this is going... Then of course, we have to do all the CAS activities on our spare time, which means.. EXACTLY, we have to pay more money... Ok! Norway might have among the highest wages in the world, but then Oslo is also the most expensive town to live in (sometimes chalanged by Tokyo ). My bus card which is due for three months cost me £80 or so. Im not certain where the currency is at now, but this was when the currency was £1 = 10 NOK.
    We get books from the school, they're too expensive for us to pay for them ourselves. And then we just return them at the end of the year and you have to pay if you seriously damaged the books or something. But it's a pretty good system and it has worked for a lot of generations...

Our school's German class has 2 people: that's the smallest class I know of...

ReputationRep:
    History HL: 19 ppl
    Economics HL: 17
    English A1 Hl: 14
    French B SL: 18
    Maths Studies: 17
    Chemistry: 10 (9 girls and me wahey \o/)
    Tok: Oh dear TOK, last year there were about 15 of us with quite possibly the best teacher in the history of the world EVER. Now I'm being "taught" be a senile waste of space along with about 45 other students xthdn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    And in case it wasn't clear, we go to a public school (public in this case meaning state owned).
    ok, thought it was private

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    It's more like £1 = 13 NOK
    at least your parents pay for you, I have to pay everything myself!
    That's pretty hard....great going! (:
    We have to take our books from the library and if you lose them or damage them you have to replace that by either paying(which is not a good idea because the shipping costs and customs double the original price) or getting them new books.
    But the only thing is that we pay USD10,000 for doing the IB so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    History HL: 19 ppl
    Economics HL: 17
    English A1 Hl: 14
    French B SL: 18
    Maths Studies: 17
    Chemistry: 10 (9 girls and me wahey \o/)
    Tok: Oh dear TOK, last year there were about 15 of us with quite possibly the best teacher in the history of the world EVER. Now I'm being "taught" be a senile waste of space along with about 45 other students xthdn
    Is chem your favourite class by any chance??

ReputationRep:
    Oh strange...

Our school has 11 people doing Math HL

and two of them are boys!

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty hard....great going! (:
    We have to take our books from the library and if you lose them or damage them you have to replace that by either paying(which is not a good idea because the shipping costs and customs double the original price) or getting them new books.
    But the only thing is that we pay USD10,000 for doing the IB so...
    But that's a private school though, right? We pay to do the IB course at a public school...

ReputationRep:
    Is chem your favourite class by any chance??
    Actually, it's my least favourite by some distance but ah well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    But that's a private school though, right? We pay to do the IB course at a public school...
    awww...come on...the girls in your chem class will be heartbroken if they find out you said that! (KIDDING!)

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry HL:7... only 2 of us are girls
    BiologyHL: 10... only 2 guys
    Geography HL: 4!- 2 and 2
    English A1 SL: 11... 5 girls
    Maths: 6 3 and 3
    french: 5 on a good day!

I go to a private school, I didn't know they ran IB in state! :P We don't pay for the books, instead the teachers try to kill us by giving us excessive ones... I have 6 books for geography and 5 for biology!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Shines_)
    Chemistry HL:7... only 2 of us are girls
    BiologyHL: 10... only 2 guys
    Geography HL: 4!- 2 and 2
    English A1 SL: 11... 5 girls
    Maths: 6 3 and 3
    french: 5 on a good day!

I go to a private school, I didn't know they ran IB in state! :P We don't pay for the books, instead the teachers try to kill us by giving us excessive ones... I have 6 books for geography and 5 for biology!!
    Our school is about 70% girls....who has more guys in school than girls? (:

ReputationRep:
    Alright, Our school is doing IB for the first time ahhhh!

[Hossy]
    [IB 2nd year]
    [Subjects, specify if HL or SL]
    - Economics HL
    - History HL
    - English HL
    - French Ab
    - D+T SL
    - Maths Studies SL

[Dont have a stong subject!!]
    [Cuban Missile Crisis]
    [Knowing Q9 + Internet Presentation]
    -
    -
    [Extra Comments][/QUOTE]

Get in touch....

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.