(Original post by girl.a)
PLease help me with the tok essay!!!!
1) Embellish your essay with as many examples as possible.
2) Include a personal experience.
3) Preferably use an example from Asia (or your home country). Everyone uses examples from the west, and apparently this year the examiners complained about that.
4) Do not use examples that are definately used by everyone eg. Galileo and Plato (both in reference to being right about their theories when everyone thought they were wrong) because it makes examiners cringe from reading it so much.
5) Always, always, always stay focused on the problems of knowledge. Refer back to your knower's circle and the different ways of knowing (perception, reason, emotion, language).
To get started on the essay I had to sit down in front of my desk for 1 hr just taking notes = just let my ideas flow as they came along. Because tok is so complex it had to be on paper (thought's all over the place). But ultimately this helps!! Once you get your thoughts down (and hopefully have a few examples of the top of your head) I then searched the internet and library for more examples. Sometimes looking up quotes helps~.
I then finally got started on my essay
I'm doing the filter one btw, lol.
Hope this helps~!!