This discussion is closed.
sarahwhatevver
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Does anyone have any tips for answering the English Commentary, Paper 1 exam? The one in which we choose between an unseen passage, either prose or a poem and have to comment on it? The questions for HL students because we dont have guiding questions with it...
Thank you!
DrSoySauce
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
go to http://www.stormloader.com/users/bro...ryhandouts.htm
It is a really useful site with tips on writing the commentary, and a checklist of things you can include.
From my experiance, the most important thing to do is to plan it out before you start writing it, since structure is one of the criteria.
akk713
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hello, does anyone know the grade boundaries for English A1?
sarahwhatevver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DrSoySauce)
go to http://www.stormloader.com/users/bro...ryhandouts.htm
It is a really useful site with tips on writing the commentary, and a checklist of things you can include.
From my experiance, the most important thing to do is to plan it out before you start writing it, since structure is one of the criteria.
Thank you!!!
sarahwhatevver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by akk713)
Hello, does anyone know the grade boundaries for English A1?
For the exam itself, the oral commentary, the World Lit assignment or the presentation?
akk713
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sarahwhatevver)
For the exam itself, the oral commentary, the World Lit assignment or the presentation?
lol if you know them all tell me all then :P
Chinesegirl
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I HATE THE IB!
And i am SO GLAD i am not the only one...it makes me feel SLIGHTLY better....!!! (: (:
Cheers!
You think ITGS is super easy? So admire you! ITGS ruined my perfect mark, I'll hate it all my life. But it's useful and beneficial, which I can't deny.
Chinesegirl
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blabber92)
[Extra Comments]
Does anybody here have any free time whatsoever?
Why do you want to know that? I have free time
sarahwhatevver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chinesegirl)
You think ITGS is super easy? So admire you! ITGS ruined my perfect mark, I'll hate it all my life. But it's useful and beneficial, which I can't deny.
Now you are definitely making me nervous...!! :confused:
sarahwhatevver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by akk713)
lol if you know them all tell me all then :P
Hehehe...give me a couple of hours, my teacher was telling us about them today actually but I was too engrossed looking out the window at the snowflakes...they were unusually large you see....
Excuse my rambling by the way....

Now that I think about it, the presentation is a 7 if its ranging from 25-30. A 6 from 20-24....I will confirm it and let you know!
akk713
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hehehe...give me a couple of hours, my teacher was telling us about them today actually but I was too engrossed looking out the window at the snowflakes...they were unusually large you see....
Excuse my rambling by the way....

Now that I think about it, the presentation is a 7 if its ranging from 25-30. A 6 from 20-24....I will confirm it and let you know!
Thanks Sarah
Chinesegirl
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Now you are definitely making me nervous...!! :confused:
Oh, dear, sorry about that. I got 44 in total with a 6 in ITGS, that's why I said that. I liked the subject, and didn't expect to get only a 6... Wish you good luck!
sarahwhatevver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chinesegirl)
Oh, dear, sorry about that. I got 44 in total with a 6 in ITGS, that's why I said that. I liked the subject, and didn't expect to get only a 6... Wish you good luck!
A 44?!?!?!?! I thought that scores of 44/45 could only be achieved by super humans....hmmm....
vavavoom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
A 44?!?!?!?! I thought that scores of 44/45 could only be achieved by super humans....hmmm....
Tomek J. who's sometimes on this forum also got 44/45. Personally i'd be happy if I went over 38!!!
sarahwhatevver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vavavoom)
Tomek J. who's sometimes on this forum also got 44/45. Personally i'd be happy if I went over 38!!!
I'd be happy if I GET 38!
DrSoySauce
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wish that I could be depressed about not getting a perfect score: it would make my life so much easier. The highest-scoring person I know got 43 and a full scholarship to Harvard.
sarahwhatevver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DrSoySauce)
I wish that I could be depressed about not getting a perfect score: it would make my life so much easier. The highest-scoring person I know got 43 and a full scholarship to Harvard.
Sorry, I did not follow you...why do you want to be depressed about not getting a good score....? :confused:
Why would ANYONE want to be depressed about anything...?
yogibear
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
-.-;

I can't believe how people are talking about scores over 40..
I would be happy to get 36.... i wanna get 36... how do you get 7 in a subject?.. i think it's just that i don't know how to study.. or people who get higher than 40 just being nerds..-.-; he he..

Is there any sites which tells you how to study efficiently?.. i would love to get anything over 38...
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I need to get 40 to meet my Oxford offer, so yes 40 would indeed be very handy :P.
_EMMA_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Well I need to get 40 to meet my Oxford offer, so yes 40 would indeed be very handy :P.
what are you going to read, PPE?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (15)
8.47%
Confident (23)
12.99%
Indifferent (30)
16.95%
Unsure (50)
28.25%
Worried (59)
33.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise