Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    you could go to the liverpool gig on the 23rd - 45mins on the train!

ReputationRep:
    How about Aberdeen House?

Is there any washbasin?

Is it newly refurbish?
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ericz)
    How about Aberdeen House?

Is there any washbasin?

Is it newly refurbish?
    if i remember rightly aberdeen is refurbished, and most rooms won't have washbasins

ReputationRep:
    wouldnt worry bout washbasins, i spoke to accomodation office and there is no chance of moving, but iv decided i dont care now...it'll just make it more interestin! Are the flats single sex?
    Im in Derby House and shall be moving in on the 17th...i can not wait!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyJa)
    wouldnt worry bout washbasins, i spoke to accomodation office and there is no chance of moving, but iv decided i dont care now...it'll just make it more interestin! Are the flats single sex?
    Im in Derby House and shall be moving in on the 17th...i can not wait!!
    ooooo derbys not refurbished - tis retro!

most flats are single sex. there are a few mixed but they tend to be made up of older students or postgrads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drawmeamonkey)
    most flats are single sex. there are a few mixed but they tend to be made up of older students or postgrads
    ...So it's like a boarding school?!! Ject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ericz)
    Hi Hannah,

I've been assigned to Whitworth Park, Aberdeen House, Flat 24, 189.
    I'll be arriving at Manchester Airport by 1230 hrs on the 17 sept as well.
    MY MUM PUTS TOGETHER STARTER PACKAGES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
    -BEDDING,SELF CATERING EQUIPMENT LIASON BEFORE YOU COME ETC...
    iT'S TOO LATE FOR YOU NOW BUT WOULD YOU HAVE BEEN INTERESTED IN THIS FACILITY -TO SAVE YOU BUYING EVERYTHING ON ARRIVAL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinylfrog)
    ...So it's like a boarding school?!! Ject.
    well not really no. hows that make it like a boarding school? and what does ject mean? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drawmeamonkey)
    well not really no. hows that make it like a boarding school? and what does ject mean? :confused:
    A Ject is a hissyfit, a tantrum or a wobbler. It can become so extreme in some instances that a 'Full-on Begbie' ensues. Glassed

I suppose its just the fact I'd probably be living in a predominantly male environment. Little variation I think worries me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinylfrog)
    A Ject is a hissyfit, a tantrum or a wobbler. It can become so extreme in some instances that a 'Full-on Begbie' ensues. Glassed

I suppose its just the fact I'd probably be living in a predominantly male environment. Little variation I think worries me.
    well ya learn somethin nu every day! i wouldn't worry about it, ul meet enough ladyfolk on yr course, and around generally, if yr upstairs ul probably know the girls next door and along the corridor etc etc

or u more worried abt who keeps teh place tidy etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran)
    I got an offer for Whitworth yesterday, was my top choice too.

It's for Thorncliffe House, anyone else heading there?

Hey, I jus found out that I'll b in thorncliffe house rm 22... I think. Prob move in on the 15th but I aint 2 sure yet. Wen's the rest of ya movin in?

Rach

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SWANS)
    MY MUM PUTS TOGETHER STARTER PACKAGES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
    -BEDDING,SELF CATERING EQUIPMENT LIASON BEFORE YOU COME ETC...
    iT'S TOO LATE FOR YOU NOW BUT WOULD YOU HAVE BEEN INTERESTED IN THIS FACILITY -TO SAVE YOU BUYING EVERYTHING ON ARRIVAL?
    Mmmm I don't quite get what you mean.

Why is it too late for me now? Are all International Students entitled to the Starter Packages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel S)
    Hey, I jus found out that I'll b in thorncliffe house rm 22... I think. Prob move in on the 15th but I aint 2 sure yet. Wen's the rest of ya movin in?

Rach

Ohhh cool. Great stuff, hope to run into you at some stage.
    I'm moving in on the 18th I think, would have preferred the Saturday as that seems like the day the majority people are gonna move in, but I couldn't get a flight for then.
    Just wondering too, is Thorncliffe just one building or is it a number of buildings, if you get what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran)
    Ohhh cool. Great stuff, hope to run into you at some stage.
    I'm moving in on the 18th I think, would have preferred the Saturday as that seems like the day the majority people are gonna move in, but I couldn't get a flight for then.
    Just wondering too, is Thorncliffe just one building or is it a number of buildings, if you get what I mean?

I aint 2 sure, I think its one long buildin but ya never know. I aint bin lookin round. Where ya frm n e way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel S)
    I aint 2 sure, I think its one long buildin but ya never know. I aint bin lookin round. Where ya frm n e way?
    yeh all the houses are one long building! thorncliffe is all at first floor level as there are shops and banks underneath. all the flats go off one long corridor if i remember rightly!

ReputationRep:
    Hey xx hannah xx!?!
    I'm in Dilworth House also.. though in the flat 18- if I understood it right..
    Anyways.. see ya there :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aNnmaRy)
    Hey xx hannah xx!?!
    I'm in Dilworth House also.. though in the flat 18- if I understood it right..
    Anyways.. see ya there :p:
    ooo ur pretty close to me then, im flat 14! wot u studying? and wot day u movin up? xxx

ReputationRep:
    got my info through yesterday im at garastang, anyone else ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx hannah xx)
    ooo ur pretty close to me then, im flat 14! wot u studying? and wot day u movin up? xxx
    you are the same hannah thats on newstudent aren't ya? that'd just be toooo weird havin 2 hannahs in 14 on diff student forums!

i'm dilworth 15, b sure to say hi if you recognise me off my myspace pic! i may be terribly drunk tho, i make it a habit, don't think less of me for it! (actually an ickle bit drunk at the mo) and i may be sorting yr internet if it goes wrong, as i *should* be a hornet rep in sept! shocking! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ericz)
    Mmmm I don't quite get what you mean.

Why is it too late for me now? Are all International Students entitled to the Starter Packages?
    Its not a university package -a private enterprise.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.