The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Biology Unit F215

Just wanted to ask how is everyone else finding this unit?

I found the last unit really interesting (F214) but thought the paper was pretty unfair even though I somehow managed to pull off a B:woo:

However I think parts of this unit are boring as hell and I am a little worried about the unpredictabilty of the paper-i.e are they even gonna ask stuff from the spec cus they didnt last time the noobs.

I also think some of the stuff on this unit is pretty rock solid (i.e homeobox sequences and some of the genes stuff) and since my bio department at school is pretty useless i am relying soley on using the official A2 OCR Bio book but I find that some of the content does not even relate to the syllabus or even cover some of the stuff we need to know. What other resources do you guys use?

Moreover, for ocr past paper questions there seems to be a draught for some topics in the book and there are no past papers available as it is new spec...what are you guys gonna do?

Thanks for any replies and input...just want to know im not the only person in this boat
Reply 1
there is much more to learn in this topic. Questions from past papers show that the questions can go "attention to detail" and so im really worried about this unit.

Last unit I found it a joy to learn. Like you said it was really interesting but this unit is abit more complicated and yet kinda weirdly organized. I.e. at the end it talks about neuromuscular junction and CNS, Peripheral system, Why on earth is it on this unit and not on the first unit????

I just started to answer past paper questions but am failing miserably. For last topic I revised from the main examiner biology book (purple one) but this time I am taking no risk and using three different books; Examiner book, Cambridge Biology 2 book and Longman book.

Latest

Trending

Trending