The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you've not reacted like this before then it probably isn't directly linked, but tbh you might just want to get yourself checked out anyway. As far as I understand doctors are under oath to respect your privacy so no, you shouldn't have to worry about them telling the police.
Reply 2
No they will not go to the police.
hehe tell the police :mmm:

They will, however, write it in your medical records.
Er..Not for days afterwards no, only for a half hour, tops.
Thats quite odd.
Reply 5
It happens sometimes.

You probably experienced it due to the toxins causing your throat to constrict and quite possibly the repeated exposure, you'll probably be fine though I expect. If not, go to the doctors (they won't tell the police)
I sorta got this the other day too, never had it before. Had to use an inhaler I'd had for a past cough which seemed to work. I dunno OP, but I doubt I'll go to the docs, unless it happens again
Reply 7
I diagnose:

less weed.
Anonymous
Has anybody else felt short of breath after smoking weed? I smoked a couple of days ago and feel a little short of breath (can walk around easily so not that bad). I've smoked before but not had this. If I went to the doctors and told them this would they tell the police?

LMAO.
Reply 9
Lol never smoking weed again.
Reply 10
Anonymous
Lol never smoking weed again.

Aw, don't be like that!
Don't worry its not a criminal offence to smoke weed. Its only possession that gets you. And even if you were caught with a small amount, you probably get a warning first.
Reply 12
This may sound silly but is it possible that smoking has caused asthma or something like it? I've smoked about 15 times in my life (over the course of about 2 years).
weed helps your breathing, i have a "friend" who has mild asthma and they swear by it. it opens your airways and allows you to breath easier: fact.
I haven't smoked weed, I suppose this will teach you not to do it again or be more prepared for next time.
Anon
Then why do I feel like this? Thing is it doesn't get any worse when walking and I can hold my breath for just as long.
if you have weak lungs to begin with, then gushing smoke into them probably won't actually help, i'll correct that. but for most people, it allows them to breath easier as it dilates airways. obviously there are exceptions to everything and you may just not be in a condition to smoke anything without your lungs being overly sensitive. you most likely have been smoking weed which has been sprayed or was very damp. in short, pure weed is a medicine rather than an irritant; it has never caused a death, and the only debate for its harm is related to mental health, and even that debate is very very weak.
i_chose_bongos
if you have weak lungs to begin with, then gushing smoke into them probably won't actually help, i'll correct that. but for most people, it allows them to breath easier as it dilates airways. obviously there are exceptions to everything and you may just not be in a condition to smoke anything without your lungs being overly sensitive. you most likely have been smoking weed which has been sprayed or was very damp. in short, pure weed is a medicine rather than an irritant; it has never caused a death, and the only debate for its harm is related to mental health, and even that debate is very very weak.

yeah this guy knows man.

And I agree, as a bit of a en expert on the subject, I rekon you bud was contaminated.

either that or it was not dried ad cured properly and has burnt your lungs up a bit.

whatever your feeling, it should pass in a couple more days.

If you still feel weird by next week, go see a doctor
Not surprised.
There was this good long runner at th school i used to go, he started smoking and noticed he rans out of breath really quickly.
Another person when high he stutters
Reply 18
I should mention I smoked it with tobacco. Have smoked tobacco a couple of times before and again no problem.
Reply 19
How often do you/have you smoked?

Latest