Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol trust me it doesnt rub off!!! It was funny i was brousing the models and was looking at the name felina for ages thinking what a coincidence it was, it took me a while to work out i actually was her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    Her names felina on the new faces>woman>girls in town. Shes turnt down agencies before though she doesnt enjoy modeling, and i think those pics look quite old.
    Wow she looks gorgeous, u can tell from the polaroids

ReputationRep:
    She's really pretty. I'm surprised she doesn't enjoy it though. Anna doesn't appear to be that bothered by it either. How strange. I've always thought it'd be fun, or at least a lot better than most jobs.

EDIT: Were your friends scouted, or did they go in themselves to the agency? I really want to be a scout. I'm always doing it anyway in my head, lol. Not that there's rich pickings where I live, but still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glitterybug21)
    Nope, I'm not a model myself. But I do know people who are signed to those agencies, e.g. Anna, and I've heard quite a bit about them from people who work there or with them, e.g. stylists.

Modelling just fascinates me for some reason. I wouldn't do it as a job myself, though. I hate having my photo taken, plus I'm only 5'6".

I'll tell you what though, it is absolutely hilarious to go to the Clothes Show and spot all the wannabes (worth the price of admission alone!). They are inevitably kitted out in teeny-tiny miniskirts and tarty tops, even if they look terrible in them. They'll have tons of make-up on too, and it is sooo obvious they want to be scouted. You can spot them a mile off. Lol. Gotta love those wannabes.
    Haha I've never been but sounds completely funny and believable as so many girls wanna get into modelling

ReputationRep:
    I know, but she finds it very boring to stand aroud all day being bossed around etc. Shes more of a creative person, i guess she'd rather do something which makes her feel good.

ReputationRep:
    Yep! And they really have no idea about it. They don't seem to realise you actually need to be slim, pretty and tall (usually - starter of this post excepted!). Most of them look terrible, and very, very cold - bearing in mind this is Birmingham in December, and they are kitted out as though they are going clubbing in Ibiza in August. I feel quite sorry for them, as they'd look a whole lot better without the make-up. And it's not one of those things you can force with any amount of cosmetics. You either have it or you don't, and sadly 99% of the population hasn't got it. I guess it doesn't stop em trying though.

ReputationRep:
    Were your friends scouted, or did they go in themselves to the agency? I really want to be a scout. I'm always doing it anyway in my head, lol. Not that there's rich pickings where I live, but still.
    They were all scouted (easy to see how as in real life they are stunning), but i think (not sure) felina was recomended buy one of the agencies she turnt down.

ReputationRep:
    lol i have a really bad photo of us (me and felina) at our graduation!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...I guess no one really thinks about the down side! Ppl only see the glamour and parties and fame..oh and $$..n I guess lots of ppl look at magazines n think "i wish i was as pretty etc as her" so everyone would want to be the one actually in the magazine.

ReputationRep:
    I've met Lily once (she was at a party i was at, she used to go to my friends school), and i'm quite good mates with esther, she has done quite abit abit from the teen vogue shoot but i haven't any photos published, i think the initial 'wow' has gone. Lily is really really pretty, not that ugly and unusual as shes made up for shots/runway etc. esther is really pretty but quite plain, and not very special.
    Lily can look awful if they shoot her wrong, IMO, but at other times she looks utterly fantastic and out of this world. Esther? Mmm, I never really thought she had the (pardon the cliche) 'x-factor'. The modelling people I know didn't seem too struck on her, as her face didn't really stand out as being a new, fresh, exceptional kind of beauty: unlike, for example, Lily's does. And it is really very unfair to lumber a new model with the title 'the new Kate Moss'. How can anyone ever live up to that? It's jinxing them before they've even begun.

Are Lily, Esther and Felina all considered the most beautiful girls in your school, or are they thought of as nothing special? I've heard that sometimes models aren't always thought of that gorgeous in the flesh by their peers at school (crazy people...).

ReputationRep:
    Only felina goes to my school, and both esther and lily go to quite posh (to me anyway) all girls schools, where loads of pretty girls go. Tbh i dont think esther is considered the most beautiful and lily i think is more liked because of her lifestyle (flying around everywhere, shooting) but there are definatly girls in there schools that are much more liked in there year group. I guess theres a difference between 'buff' and the beauty that designers want.

Felina is not thought to be the most beautiful girl in our school, but loads of guys think she has a beautifal face, she is very skinney so not many girls or guys like her, also shes very tall and you know guys dont like to be made less manly!! Tbh the population in my school are all chavs who think beauty is how much flesh is on show. All our friends think shes beautiful though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    Tbh the population in my school are all chavs who think beauty is how much flesh is on show.
    I kno what you mean! I honestly think girls have a better idea of what beauty is than guys.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno i think the girls in my school are just as bad. I think its because we look at girls not as 'how would she be in bed' as guys to but more asthetic level.

ReputationRep:
    deep deep....

so like out of 10 girls wanna be a model??

and out of the amount how many wanna be?

- face/hair model
    - clothes
    - glamour?

ReputationRep:
    hello its me again!

i've grown an inch! im now 5ft 3 . can anyone find any models on the select website who are 5 ft 4 or below cos i cant access it and wondering whats my chances

ReputationRep:
    to be brutal, I wouldnt hire anyone for catwalk unless they were 6 foot or bloody close to it.

ReputationRep:
    Omg! 8st 3 is a perfect weight... 7st 7 is too thin. bmi of 18 is underweight. By 2... don't do it to This can affect fertility in the future.. amongst other problems. I am 8stone which i think is perfect, i am slim yet have curves which i am proud of. All guys i know do not like the skinny body form.. but the curves. Curves = healthy. Unless you can not put weight on and have a fast metabolism like myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missjelly)
    hi all
    im not sure if this should be in the careers section....
    i've recently been approached by a model scout and i've checked out his agency,credentials etc and its all legit

what i want to know is, how did any of you prepare for your 'go-sees' of different agencies?

i'm 5ft 2 and 19 yrs old. i didnt used to think people so small could model. is this right? he said i might find alot of hair modelling and some photographic, but thingslike petite clothing and lingerie as well as editorial work height dioesnt matter. is this right?

also, i thoguth you had to be thin to model. im 115 lbs (8 st 3) with a body mass index of about 20.6. i'm starting to diet down to hopefully 7st - 7st 7 as i read the averagwe bmi of models is about 18. is this right?

any advice vv welcome
    well, just to say that loads and loads people get approached like u do, 3 of my friends have been approached etc. before and they joined the agency but nothing ever came of it. dont mean to be harsh but dont think its worth dieting over this coz it may just be a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... it's hard to be scouted if you don't have the height though (you'd have to have a pretty unusual/extremely beautiful face...)

I'm 5'5 and has been suggested to go into Modelling, but i'm v lazy and can never be bothered to send in my pic (I'm not the type who can get scouted...sob).

Besides i'm oriental, and the demand isn't that big...sigh~dream on

ReputationRep:
    in many religions fasting is ok, eg buddism there is a 100 day fast so i think its ok for a couple weeks.
    100 day fast? that's impossible. (******** was the word that came to mind) nothing of the kind happens in buddhism.

there is ramazan (ramadan) in islam, but it's a daytime fast, with a lot of good food being eaten after the sun has set. thats the only reason it can last so long.
    if you dont eat anything for about 5 days, you do your body irreversible harm.

fleece is right as well. you'll put the weight back on. 10 in 10 days? thats an advertisement you should be smart enough to ignore.

i managed to loose quite a lot of weight for a modelling job, but it was a controlled low-carb diet with a f******g hell lot of exercise.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.