Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    .....religion.....starving...the model industry.... they just dont mix.

ReputationRep:
    I do the odd bit of catwalk modelling (obviously nothing celebrityish but its fun) and photographic modelling and I'm 5'8". I've never dieted because it's ridiculous but I'm not typical model skinny at all, more Kate Winslet type than Kate Moss, which I've always been fine with and I've always had some work or other. I think it's time to break the mould of skinny models to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    To be practical yes. But thats the the exact pourpose of a model. And this is why so many girls are getting mental over it. Models arent supposed to look normal. They are supposed to be crazily thin and tall and beautiful. Why? Am I mad? No, it is simply this. The clothes made by designers are easier to view when they are constructed smaller. Its much easier to see the deatils of somethign that is half the normal size that someone could wear it. This is why im saying, for viewing's sake, we need models that are able to wear the product for display. These women are not supposed to eb role models, and this is where i think shows like Next top model and so on are changing the perception of the "clotheshorse" they are making it celebrity instead of tradition if you get that.

I wouldnt hire some short healthy looking person to display my clothes, it isnt practical for desginers sake. I have no problem with normal people wearing larger sizes, becuase designers make them bigger, another common mis-conception. Designers dont only make clothes for skinny supermodels guys.

ReputationRep:
    ok im still 5ft 3 despite doing some yoga and pilates to make me grow. i'm also now 8st 1. i cant seem to shift the damn flab. i had a body fat test last week and im 24.8% fat. 25 is the upper limit for women :eek:

the scout is supposed to contact me next week. any ideas how i can lose weight faaaast?

i tried fasting but in fact i lost 1 lb in a week. with 1000 cals a day + vv hard excersise i can lose up to 4 normally.

*sigh, feels short and fat*

ReputationRep:
    its kind of impossible.

ReputationRep:
    your 5ft 3 and 8st....somehow i dont think u got anythin to worry about there. im 10st and the same height and still only a size 10/12 so.....

ReputationRep:
    hey anyone,

i really want your opinions. the model scout wants to meet me for coffee next week. i cant help but think it sounds dodgy. he said he worked as a editor for a fashion magazine but now is between jobs.he wouldnt give his last name in case i told people to contact the agency and used his name to get a way in. also i AM 5ft 3.

firstly, i dont see why he would bother meeting me in what appears to be a social way when he isnt getting paid anything. i dont think model scouts get commision and im not exactly naomi campbell here.

secondly, its weird he wouldnt give his name- either he's mega famous, or a fake.

thirdly, why would he meet me for a coffee?why not at a studio?why only him and me?

should i go or will i get killed?

ReputationRep:
    tbh, it does sound v weird-if u REALLY want 2 go-then take a friend along with u

ReputationRep:
    when he scouted me, i was with my mom so she has met him and he said he wouldnt have asked me if i was alone - this sounds about right. and i looked up some of the models and agencies he mentioned, and he was correct about it.but he has my number so i dont see what there is to talk about or why there is a need to meet for coffee

on the other hand, he agreed to meet me in a high street in an area midway between both of us, and offered me bus timetable info and a time to suit me.

is it me or does it sound suspect?

ReputationRep:
    but its possible that hes dodgy n clever (in a schemin sort of way)

ReputationRep:
    think im bein unclear!lol
    what i mean is.. b v careful-whateva u do...dont go alone-seein as hes met ur mum-maybe u can take her along?

ReputationRep:
    hmm. i guess so. he said he was in magazine editing for a fashion magazine but was going more into model scouting. if he was phony, i dont see why he'd bother talking to my mom for ages. but if he was real, why would he be meeting me for free?

my mom thinks its dodgy but she knows where im going. and the guy is small and old (ish). im a skilled muay thai so i can handle him!

ReputationRep:
    Might it be worthwhile contacting these agencies to find out if anyone recognises the name or your description of the guy? I imagine that if this guy is dubious then they will be grateful for the information. And if the guy is on the level then you have put your mind at ease. If you go then definitely take someone with you- how he reacts to that safeguard will tell you something about his intentions and personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missjelly)
    hmm. i guess so. he said he was in magazine editing for a fashion magazine but was going more into model scouting. if he was phony, i dont see why he'd bother talking to my mom for ages. but if he was real, why would he be meeting me for free?

my mom thinks its dodgy but she knows where im going. and the guy is small and old (ish). im a skilled muay thai so i can handle him!
    sorry 2 sound really rude but he may b meetin u 4 free coz he thinks he can get somethin out of it (if u no what i mean). it seems like u have some modelin experience- what have previous meetins bin like?

ReputationRep:
    hmm.if he is legit, im sure i'll look like a fool doing that. i've told my family where im going and they met him before. and i have his home phone number.im probably going to go but avoid getting into any fast situations.

i just cant work out what he would get out of it- im not paying him, he's far too old to want to date me, he's too thin and small to kill or abduct me,even if i get to be a model, he wont get any $$.

i guess i'll go once this time, and at least get his name, or the mag he worked for, then take it from there. after all its a crowded hight street so its ok.

assuming he is legit, what do i WEEEEAAARR???

ReputationRep:
    theres no such thing as a man bein far 2 old 2 want 2 date u...
    is he married/ involved with ne1?

ReputationRep:
    how do i know that???

i guess so. he didnt seem pevvy or leery. surely a perv would ask me about modelling lingerie etc. he's only interested in me doing facial modelling. he didnt give me the eye or anything, so i think its ok. b

but then again, going for a coffee seems more social and datelike than business like.

ReputationRep:
    how old r u if u dont mind me askin?

guys dont have 2 seem pervy n leery.. but htye stil might b

ReputationRep:
    im 19, i'll be 20 in october. so its not like im a kid. the fact he mentioned facial modelling, nothing to do with the body tells me he might be less of a perv.hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    in that case.. jus b carfeul.
    take some1 along with u.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.