The Student Room Group
And just as the government gets off its fat arse, the cloud receeds.

I think we should invade iceland for having the gal to pollute our airspace in such fashion.
I hope it is really safe, not just the airlines pressuring the regulators.

Here is a NASA plane that flew through volcanic ash last year:

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-04/why-cant-planes-fly-through-volcanic-ash-because-nasa-tried-once

And here are the engines of a Finnish fighter jet that flew through this very cloud:

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2010/04/16/340727/pictures-finnish-f-18-engine-check-reveals-effects-of-volcanic.html

Doesn't look too great.
Well only time will tell i guess. Personally i'd like to get flights back asap because i really need to get back to uni, but then on the other hand i'm worried that the airlines are under so much pressure financially that they're pushing to lift the ban too early :s-smilie: tbh i'd rather suffer the inconvenience a bit longer and be safe rather than hear about planes crashing because they started flying too early.
Reply 5
so nothing is gonna happen, jeez, i bet that cloud couldnt do **** to planes anyway
Reply 6
wagwanbludz
so nothing is gonna happen, jeez, i bet that cloud couldnt do **** to planes anyway

Perhaps, but the experts seem to think otherwise. :frown:

And the situation has literally just changed, again: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8631144.stm :rolleyes:
They were supposed to be reopening tomorrow. Gonna be another 5 days yet, and then the next volcano will erupt causing more "chaos" to the sky.
Reply 8
I really want the airports to open again soon but not until it's safe. I have friends stuck, literally all over the world right now (America, Korea, Italy, Portugal, Pakistan, India etc) and I'd like them back, but only if it's safe. Though the majority of them really need to get back for their GCSE's some of which are next week.
Reply 9
I live next door to an airport and selfishly I'm enjoying the peace and quiet :o:
Reply 10
wagwanbludz

I'll take you up on that bet.
i want the airports to reopen so my parents can go on holiday, this ,means i can get the house to myself lmao, roll on clear skys
Judging by the BBC News website, it's going to get worse before it gets better. Can't see any airports opening in the next few days.
Oh great, now i'm going to be forced to watch more of the retarded public complaining on TV complaining about how they can't get to Lanzarote for their 'olidays.

Thanks mother nature :rolleyes:
Reply 14
Anyone else noticed that the moon appears to be red?
I Want The Airports To Reopen So My Mum Can Fly Back Home And Leave Me Alone!!!!
It's a bit of a mess.
And although some people are enjoying the quiet without the sound of aeroplanes in the sky it is certainly effecting a lot of people. Financially, as well as lifestyles (people not being able to get back for school or work.)

Latest

Trending

Trending