The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't do it - unless you plan to wear it mucking out stables!
Reply 2
PercyChatsworth
Don't do it - unless you plan to wear it mucking out stables!

http://www.davicoreclothing.com/jackets-5/ucla-cox-padded-gilet-7028.htm

Somehow I don't think this a Jack Wills one mate ...
kiwietnana
http://www.davicoreclothing.com/jackets-5/ucla-cox-padded-gilet-7028.htm

Somehow I don't think this a Jack Wills one mate ...

and?
Gilets aren't too bad but I wouldn't wear one myself. I associate it with that whole American wannabee culture. If you're at an American university like UCLA its another matter though. A size bigger than normal sounds about right if you are wearing it over a hoodie but would you be doing that at this time of year?
OrmondDrone
whole American wannabee culture

Wannabee American culture more like :p: You're right though if its branded for your university that'd fine. Apologies OP.
PercyChatsworth
Wannabee American culture more like :p: You're right though if its branded for your university that'd fine. Apologies OP.

No it wouldn't.
SanitaryTowel
No it wouldn't.

Under no circumstances?
Nope, not any.

I hat uni branded stuff, makes you look an utter douche.

And I hate body warmers, they also make you look at utter douche.

So combined they're a definite no in my books.
Reply 9
Well, do you think you will wear it over a hoodie? Do you plan to - and how does the small one you tried fit you normally, is it a perfect fit, slightly too big or small?

Mine is actually a boys age 9-10 gilet (I really wanted one for that awkward time between spring and summer, where it's too warm to wear a coat and too cold to wear nothing), and it's perfectly comfortable most of the time. But I rarely wear it over a hoodie, it's normally just with a top and cardigan.
Reply 10
Doodahdoo
Well, do you think you will wear it over a hoodie? Do you plan to - and how does the small one you tried fit you normally, is it a perfect fit, slightly too big or small?

Mine is actually a boys age 9-10 gilet (I really wanted one for that awkward time between spring and summer, where it's too warm to wear a coat and too cold to wear nothing), and it's perfectly comfortable most of the time. But I rarely wear it over a hoodie, it's normally just with a top and cardigan.

Thanks for your help ... I didn't try that UCLA one out because there's none in any of the stores near me so I've ordered a small this morning, it's being delivered tomorrow sometime, so hopefully that should fit well and I can understand about the whole Spring/Summer time thing. That's why I wanted one, but I'm kind of hoping it will fit comfortably too over a hoodie and not make me look like a chode ...
Do you look like this man?
kiwietnana
and not make me look like a chode ...

Nope, it'll make you look a complete douchbag.
SanitaryTowel
Nope, it'll make you look a complete douchbag.

Dude, what's with the hatred? They're a perfectly practical fashion item, and fairly harmless. Seems you've got a bit of a vendetta against them?
Nope, just a vendetta against poorly dressed people.
SanitaryTowel
Nope, just a vendetta against poorly dressed people.

Well... Great. But a gilet =/= poorly dressed person. I'm not saying it makes them the height of fashion or anything, but it doesn't automatically make somebody look ****. It just seems a bit crazy, and far too much energy to waste on disliking something so much. Maybe that's just me, though - I don't really see the point at taking offense at a single item of clothing, because it looks so different on different people. Seems quite immature to dislike something as a blanket statement, that's all.
Nope, they suck.

Just like ugg boots and jeggins.
Reply 17
they remind me of life jackets...
Reply 18
Mate, it's basically summer. Why are you buying a gilet now? You're going to melt.
Reply 19
Meh gilets are cool imo. I wouldn't bother buying a size up unless they come up alot smaller than your normal clothes. I wear size small clothes and the gilet i have is size small and id probably prefer it smaller if im honest. Just try it on and take a hoody with you if your uncertain but if I were you I would buy a size small.

Latest