Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview on Thursday for Jessops. Im a school leaver and i get my results on thursday, then gotta hop into town for an interview! omg, gonna be a rollercoaster day. Never been to an interview before, what happens...What do i wear, casual or smart? How can i prepare??!?!

ReputationRep:
    Smart casual.

ReputationRep:
    Depends where the interview for

ReputationRep:
    Its for Jessops. How can i prepare for it?

ReputationRep:
    My brother used to work there, you def need to go in a suit, its that kind of company. Just find out where/when it was set up (nottingham) although its now called John Lewis. Also prepare to get asked the normal question e.g. why do you want to work for them blah blah.

Be aware that Jessops are a very reputable company which offer their employees lots of benefits e.g. fixed yearly bonuses/regular wage increases/staff discount/discounted food/drinks/sports clubs etc - so you could say that they are a very caring company and thats why you want to work for them. Also if its part time, get in the fact that your friends are doing poorly paid crappy waitressing and you really want to work for a decent company gaining customer skills/experience which will definitely help you to develop and become more confident.

Hope that helps xxxx

ReputationRep:
    That helps tremndously, thankyou. Will they do any roleplays, do you think? Will i need to know a good amount about cameras?

ReputationRep:
    No im sure they wont do roleplays and you def wont need to know about cameras, coz they train you, but if your working in the camera department (which i presume u are) explain that you are interested in electrical equipment etc.

Also again John Lewis have a great reputation especially with their staff being very product aware and knowledgeable about ALL the products in their department. So u could say that you like the fact that the staff are trained so that they actually know what they are on about - and not just blaggin it and trying to sell you the most expensive!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou...just to help me even further. *n00b alert*/. Could you please make a few questions up, that people usually get asked, or you think i could be asked? Please.

It will be really helpful!

ReputationRep:
    whats ur biggest achievement?
    why do u want to work for jessops?
    how big is ur penis?
    how are you organised in life?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.