Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    why oh why is there a British National Party society to join? on an internet forum of generally intellectual people, why is such a prejudiced uncouth political party represented? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    somebody obviously asked for one to be formed. Or it may have been formed as default before the election we had.

ReputationRep:
    Because some people must agree with their policies!

ReputationRep:
    It's a little annoying how many people here take the moral high ground. BNP supporters are entitled to their opinion. You may not agree with it, but as long as they are not directly offensive to anyone I'm fine with it, the BNP is a legal political party remember. Just because they vote BNP does not mean they advocate everything the BNP do too, they may wish to join just to discuss and debate policies.

I have a friend who voted UKIP purely to "Shift power away from Brussels" not because he is racist or a xenophobe.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I disagree ith BNP policies, but then I disagree with otherpolicies of other political parties. I'd rather disagree with people than have no one to disagree with like some countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lirael Abhorsen)
    why oh why is there a British National Party society to join? on an internet forum of generally intellectual people, why is such a prejudiced uncouth political party represented? :confused:
    why shouldnt there be one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizdesai)
    It's a little annoying how many people here take the moral high ground. BNP supporters are entitled to their opinion. You may not agree with it, but as long as they are not directly offensive to anyone I'm fine with it, the BNP is a legal political party remember. Just because they vote BNP does not mean they advocate everything the BNP do too, they may wish to join just to discuss and debate policies.

I have a friend who voted UKIP purely to "Shift power away from Brussels" not because he is racist or a xenophobe.

are you in the BNP society?

ReputationRep:
    it isnt a society as such, its an actual Political party on TSR, like all the other political parties, they engage in debates, and most parties have voting power in the Model parliament.

ReputationRep:
    are you in the BNP society?
    Not really, check my profile pic-- i'm not sure if they would want me

(Original post by deej2)
    it isnt a society as such, its an actual Political party on TSR, like all the other political parties, they engage in debates, and most parties have voting power in the Model parliament.
    Isn't the model parliament supposed to reflect the real one. Far right parties have a small but significant influence in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, check my profile pic-- i'm not sure if they would want me
    Made me laugh lol.

ReputationRep:
    As long as they don't actually get in, people voting for them just cause a tiny rightwards correction in 'aggregated opinion'. All fine by me, I think we're way to leftwards already. I sure as hell wouldn't actually want them elected, but some of their ideas are not that bad and if their mere presence reduces the current PC obsessivness, thats good in my book.

ReputationRep:
    It's called freedom of expression. Not only is it the reason why the BNP exists (on TSR as well as in the wider world), it's the reason why you were allowed to create this thread.

Despite both these things, it is marvellous.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the model parliament supposed to reflect the real one. Far right parties have a small but significant influence in the UK.
    The only reason they dont have any voting power is not enough people voted for them in the elction that was held.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    The only reason they dont have any voting power is not enough people voted for them in the elction that was held.
    I don't really understand what this has to do with the TSR members being able to have a political party. From my experience in the D&D forum, many discussions are related to things that the BNP focus on, contraversial issues.

ReputationRep:

I voted UKIP to "shift power away from Brussels". Britain has, up until 1973, been an independent, free and proud country. If you don't want to be part of a federal superstate with higher unemployment, inflation and taxation and live in a democracy the ONLY option is withdrawal from the EU, any other option is totally unrealistic and a failure to comprehend the importance of the issue. The EU is a far more important issue than health, education, defence etc. because it's about who ACTUALLY runs this country!

The idea that wanting to belong to a free, sovereign nation is somehow racist is typical illogical and incoherent rubbish splattered around by the centre-left who have no allegiance to a country or to democracy in particular and are quite happy for British law to be made by unelected EU bureaucrats like Jose Manuel Barosso (who was, by the way, a major player in a far left communist movement in his younger days and advocated the downfall of western liberal democracy).

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand what this has to do with the TSR members being able to have a political party. From my experience in the D&D forum, many discussions are related to things that the BNP focus on, contraversial issues.
    yes, and how many people oppose the things the BNP say. it all stemmed from me correcting the OP about it not being a society, but a model political party.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps because you don't have the arguments or the ability to persuade them to support another point of view?

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with their policies, but Lireal, we have a democracy. (Or something similar )

ReputationRep:
    Our local BNP representative has hitler hair complete with hitler tash..personally i find that a bit sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    yes, and how many people oppose the things the BNP say. it all stemmed from me correcting the OP about it not being a society, but a model political party.
    Oppose what they say? And? Anyway you've successfuylly dodged the question why should they not be allowed to have a representation, because you and many others don't agree?

(Original post by Greyhound02)
    I voted UKIP to "shift power away from Brussels". Britain has, up until 1973, been an independent, free and proud country. If you don't want to be part of a federal superstate with higher unemployment, inflation and taxation and live in a democracy the ONLY option is withdrawal from the EU, any other option is totally unrealistic and a failure to comprehend the importance of the issue. The EU is a far more important issue than health, education, defence etc. because it's about who ACTUALLY runs this country!

The idea that wanting to belong to a free, sovereign nation is somehow racist is typical illogical and incoherent rubbish splattered around by the centre-left who have no allegiance to a country or to democracy in particular and are quite happy for British law to be made by unelected EU bureaucrats like Jose Manuel Barosso (who was, by the way, a major player in a far left communist movement in his younger days and advocated the downfall of western liberal democracy).
    Unlike you, my friend believed the UKIP had appalling policies. However he voted for them purely to give them a larger voice, as many see them as a one policy party-- his ideal of leaving the EU would be heard more.

Don't really want to debate about leaving the EU here, isn't the place, so i won't.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.