Turn on thread page Beta

your opinion about Kurt cobain watch

(Original post by r_raghav11)
    In the sands of history...many people leave their footprints. He was one among many to do just that. A legend is not necessarily accepted by everyone. Some may find him mediocre and some may give him demi-god status. Its how every individual relates to music. Something that might relate to you might not have the same effect on me. So...thats the way it goes! This world is cruel aint it! :rolleyes: oh and btw...he was awesome!
    :ditto:
    i only recently discovered nirvana - i'm young!!i think they're pretty awesome :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    nirvana were alright, but lets face it suicide sells records.

they were fairly average imo
    To be honest, Nirvana were huge before Kurt died.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeLboY)
    To be honest, Nirvana were huge before Kurt died.
    nowhere near as big as after he topped himself though.

ReputationRep:
    Over-rated guitarist/coke addict.
    He was a heroin addict.....

His "suicide" is still debated today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    nowhere near as big as after he topped himself though.
    That I don't deny, but attributing Nirvana's success to Kurt's death (which is how it came across) is pretty short sighted.

He wasn't a brilliant guitarist, he didnt have a great voice, but he was a master of melodies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    nirvana were alright, but lets face it suicide sells records.

they were fairly average imo
    Suicide Sells Records, that'd be a good name for a band

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeLboY)
    That I don't deny, but attributing Nirvana's success to Kurt's death (which is how it came across) is pretty short sighted.

He wasn't a brilliant guitarist, he didnt have a great voice, but he was a master of melodies
    I think it's hard for people who were probably only about 8 or 9 when Kurt Cobain died to actually understand why Nirvana had such a cult following.
    I was 13 at the time and just totally overlooked the whole thing. I wasn't really into the whole grunge thing. I was a bit of an electronic music geek and had started collecting stuff from the most obscure labels ever. I remember thinking Pearl Jam weren't too crap though.

If Nirvana weren't that great, I doubt they would have spawned half of the rock bands in the US in the 90s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    Suicide Sells Records, that'd be a good name for a band
    It would be another one of those "Dogs Die In Hot Cars" / "Pretty Girls Dig Graves" kind of names.

ReputationRep:
    "Werent they very good?

No they were brilliant

Someone should have told him then"

Oh and by the way- that comment from that idiot who said they are bad because too many 13 year old girls listen to them...whats that about?

I HATE people who seem to think they are uber cool cos they listen to music that we dont and think people who listen to popular music are really sad. Well its popular because its good. Tool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I think it's hard for people who were probably only about 8 or 9 when Kurt Cobain died to actually understand why Nirvana had such a cult following.
    I was 13 at the time and just totally overlooked the whole thing.
    I was just getting in to them, probably about six months before he died. I remember getting In Utero for my birthday and then Kurt died the next day.
    It didn't mean much to me at the time. I was more gutted that I didnt get to see them live :rolleyes:

Even though I was only really in to grunge for a year or two after that, before I went all hardcore and cheesy quaver, Nirvana definately left their mark on me.

ReputationRep:
    I love music and know quite a lot of Nirvana stuff (listened to it when I went through a phase of thinking Nirvana were really cool at 15)...I don't really care for Cobain now; he's not really a legend in my eyes....

ReputationRep:
    that comment from that idiot who said they are bad because too many 13 year old girls listen to them...whats that about?
    Am I that idiot? I said theres too many 13 year old girls lusting over him today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    Am I that idiot? I said theres too many 13 year old girls lusting over him today
    Only if that's your sole reason for not liking them.

I didn't think they were still this popular to be honest?

ReputationRep:
    OK. i have a question since I know jack all about Nirvana- what makes them better than everyone else? Are we just assuming they are great because they have whipped up such a frenzy that you think there must be something special about them-aren't they just ordinary music makers.

PS: my quote was classic Alan Partridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    He was a heroin addict.....

His "suicide" is still debated today
    The fact that he is known as kurt "cocaine" cobain kinda shows it's more than just heroin!!!

ReputationRep:
    "Ever since the beginning of rock and roll, there's been an Axl Rose." for signaling the end of stadium rock and bring dirty punk rock back out of the garages and into the clubs, yes he was a legend

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.