Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Cambridge send interview feedbacks to applicants' schools? And if so, why not to the candidates directly? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    Does anyone know if Cambridge send interview feedbacks to applicants' schools? And if so, why not to the candidates directly? Thanks!
    When i was applying, my school said that they sometimes got feedback from the colleges regarding applicants' interviews. I'm not sure why they don't send it directly to the applicants, maybe because some of the things they say may be very disheartening to students??

G

ReputationRep:
    If the school doesn't get feedback from the college about the interview, can they ask the college for the information?
    I don't know why they don't just send us applicants the feedback along with the decision letter. It'd be nice to know why they decide what they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scorpion)
    If the school doesn't get feedback from the college about the interview, can they ask the college for the information?
    I don't know why they don't just send us applicants the feedback along with the decision letter. It'd be nice to know why they decide what they do.
    I'm sure they can. Anyway, if I don't get the information through my school, I'll phone up the admissions office or even e-mail the admissions tutor. I don't mind being rejected, but I want to know the reason why. If they told me, "Sorry, you just weren't good enough because of this and that", I'd accept it. I just want some feedback so that I might improve myself.

ReputationRep:
    It's actually sent to the referee, which in the majority of cases is someone at your school.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.