How to ACTUALLY answer Business Studies AQA Questions?

Watch this thread
Delight :)
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey guy
I learn all the knowledge for Business but I am never able to score B/A, usually a D/C.
I was just wandering how to actually answer questions, I have been told ways, but I still get these average grades, for a quite simple Subject.
Thanks..
fist of the south star
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
Depending on the number of marks awarded, you need to approach different issues. For example 2 -3 mark questions generally only require a statement of some sort or a definition. 4 - 7 mark questions require understanding and also require you to draw information from the case study (best way I find is to just quote bits and bobs), 8 -12 mark questions require all the above things but also require you to anyalyse the two or more different issues in question with reference to the questions. For example if the question says 'analyse the choice made by Jim of choosing a sole trader over a partnership' you would look at the pros and cons of his decision all the while linking back each point to the case study. Finally are the largest essay based questions 'evalute' or 'dicuss' ones in which after doing all the above you give a justification or some sort of conclusion that sums everything up. I hope that helped and sorry for any typos I'm in a bit of a rush. Feel free to ask any more questions.
pecker
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
What a about the 40 marker. O lord.
LaughingBro
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Don't your school teach you how to write it?
Rep:
^^They do, but I never seem to hit the high marks, so I was wandering if anyone on here does
LouboutinLove
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
This doesn't help, but god how I hated business studies exams. I came out with an A overall, got A's in 5 of the modules and a D in unit 5! I feel your pain! I remember being told to always use "it depends upon" in the conclusion to the bigger answers, it shows analysis skills if you can't decide on one single course of action to discuss a couple and the situation which you'd carry them out in.
Rep:
Thanks ^^
random123456789
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Delight :))
Hey guy
I learn all the knowledge for Business but I am never able to score B/A, usually a D/C.
I was just wandering how to actually answer questions, I have been told ways, but I still get these average grades, for a quite simple Subject.
Thanks..
Exactly the same as me!!

Anyone else got any tips....
fist of the south star
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Oh and spam key words even if it is at the expense of your grammer, it makes you look clued up XD
Rep:
(Original post by random123456789)
Exactly the same as me!!

Anyone else got any tips....
Its upsetting
But I think I am getting it hopefully, final mock on Monday
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Is this for AS?

I don't have time/cba to explain the entire mark scheme properly (I'm might add some more notes later if I can find my old books) But to start you off, to get marks for content, you need to have a definition. IIRC you need to do this for every question at AS.

For example, if your question was;

''Anne wanted to raise £60,000 of start up capital from a venture capitalist rather than arranging a bank loan. To what extend do you agree with her?'' (15 marks)

For this question, before you even think about answering it you need to define what a venture capitalist is/does. If you don't do this, you won't get any marks for content.

*Any question that is worth 15 marks or more requires an evaluation.
*Any technical question requires a definition and the correct working out of the problem.

Also, have a look through specimen papers and mark schemes, the mark schemes tell you pretty much exactly what you need to write in terms of how far you need to explain things.
http://www.eamonncasey.co.uk/USERIMA...1-W-SMS-07.pdf
Rep:
Thank you ^^
Rep:
Unfortunately it's not opening
Sakura-Chan
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Delight :))
Unfortunately it's not opening
Try refreshing it a few times? It didn't open for me the first time either. If it still doesn't work, let me know and I'll hunt out another copy from somewhere else.
Rep:
No it doesn't
But I think the problems from my computer something about 'final convesion'
random123456789
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
Is this for AS?

I don't have time/cba to explain the entire mark scheme properly (I'm might add some more notes later if I can find my old books) But to start you off, to get marks for content, you need to have a definition. IIRC you need to do this for every question at AS.

For example, if your question was;

''Anne wanted to raise £60,000 of start up capital from a venture capitalist rather than arranging a bank loan. To what extend do you agree with her?'' (15 marks)

For this question, before you even think about answering it you need to define what a venture capitalist is/does. If you don't do this, you won't get any marks for content.

*Any question that is worth 15 marks or more requires an evaluation.
*Any technical question requires a definition and the correct working out of the problem.

Also, have a look through specimen papers and mark schemes, the mark schemes tell you pretty much exactly what you need to write in terms of how far you need to explain things.
http://www.eamonncasey.co.uk/USERIMA...1-W-SMS-07.pdf

Hey

Im actually doing A2 business (new spec) so you got any tips for the dreaded 40 markers?
Sakura-Chan
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by random123456789)
Hey

Im actually doing A2 business (new spec) so you got any tips for the dreaded 40 markers?
I'm doing it as well, I think I have some somewhere. I'll try and find them and post them tomorrow
random123456789
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
I'm doing it as well, I think I have some somewhere. I'll try and find them and post them tomorrow
Nice one
Leepish
Badges: 2
Report 12 years ago
eurghhh i've got to resit BUSS3 as well as sit BUSS4 lol. Im stressing out so much... any advice?
random123456789
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
^^ Sameee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (72)
67.29%
In the post (5)
4.67%
Text (15)
14.02%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (15)
14.02%

Watched Threads