The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Gaz031
Your colourful language makes it difficult for me to take you seriously.
You might have been shown objects a, b, c and d yet you haven't actually done anything... Have you?

I'm a colourful person, what can i say?!

HEAD BOY
Reply 41
I see some people are saying Maths is easy, it's not.

Very few people are naturally good at Maths and understand how they word the questions and know what to do. If you're one of those people then I would suggest doing it.

But if you're not like that it is very hard, and you need lots of practice & revision for it.
Reply 42
HEAD BOY
I'm an idiot, what can i say?!

HEAD BOY

Yes you are.
Reply 43
HEAD BOY
I'm a colourful person, what can i say?!

HEAD BOY

Why do you purposely write HEAD BOY underneath each of your messages - it's not even in your signature.
People can see who you are from your username.
Reply 44
HEAD BOY
So you base your assumption that Oxbridge are the only top universities?

Yes. Being number 1 and 2 in the country, they ARE the top universities.

HEAD BOY
How about looking at all the other universities and see what they offer eg Warwick, Manchester, Exeter etc.

How about no? It's highly obvious that you're not even old enough to apply.
Reply 45
HEAD BOY
Oh, so you can comment on every sngle degree offered by Oxbridge and what they rquire! :rolleyes:

Yes.

www.cam.ac.uk
www.ox.ac.uk

Go to the undergrad courses.
Look at list of courses.
Click on a course.
Observe requirements.

I know it's difficult to understand but I'm sure there's others like me who can just about manage to work websites.
As Lauren has said Maths should be an easy option because they got rid of a module. Then you just do S1, which is simple, and M1, which is slightly more interesting.
Oh dear, this thread has transformed into "what is a mickey mouse subject and what isn't"
Gaz031
Why do you purposely write HEAD BOY underneath each of your messages - it's not even in your signature.
People can see who you are from your username.

Is he actually head boy?
Reply 49
I neglected Physics throughout my AS year last year, and did next to no revision. I did a few hours of memorising formulas just before the exam. As a result, I found the physics exam excruciatingly difficult, I was expecting a C or D, but ended up with an A due to mark scaling.
Reply 50
Oh dear, this thread has transformed into "what is a mickey mouse subject and what isn't"

I find that discussion to be quite intimidating - people will argue with a passion and topics like that just run and run.

Is he actually head boy?

Who knows :smile:
Reply 51
I have only just seen this, but I have a few things to say.

Firstly to whoever started this discussion:

Question: What is the easiest A level?

Answer: ______________________ There isn't an answer!

English is easy if you're good at English. Maths is easy if you are good at Maths. Chemistry is easy if you are good at Chemistry. Urdu is easy if you are good at Urdu. Yes HEAD BOY even Theatre Studies can be easy if you are good at it. Without knowing what you are good at how can people suggest easy A levels that will be appropriate to you. If you just wanted what people themselves found easy then I can tell you that I am finding Maths & Further Maths fairly straightforward, and Chemistry too. But I don't think that is useful information to you.

Secondly, again to the person that started this thread:

If/When you go to a University interview and they ask why you have subject x along with Biology and Chemistry. What are you going to say? I did a bit of chatting on a forum and people thought that subject x was an easy one. Choosing a subject may seem like a joke now but in reality you will have to study it for a year + and if it is not something you enjoy then that is going to be fairly boring.

Thirdly, once again to the person that started this thread:

I believe that for medicine (or science related degrees) often a certain number of strong science subjects are desired by universities. So I would recommend that you took either Physics or Maths. Biology A level is not a highly regarded qualification (although I find it as tough as the next person) instead it is thought of as fact learning (which to an extent some of it is). I think another science would be good.

Fourthly, to HEAD BOY:

Calm down. From the outside looking in to someone's theatre studies work it may seem loads. But you do get 5 hours a week to do it! Not 1/2/3 hour(s) that you might have got at GCSE. Good luck with your GCSEs on Thursday.

Oh and also: Lauren, darkenergy, Gaz etc. are all right. It is hard to take anything you take seriously.

Fifthly, to thatguy

You got an A in Physics with no work. You must be good. Well Done.

Finally, to Lauren

Would you stop making me laugh.
film studies,
IT IS NOT AN A LEVEL! YOU WATCH FILMS!!!!!!

*cowers from all film studies students*
northern_lass
film studies,

oh dear. It is an A-Level, you still watch films :rolleyes: :cool:
Reply 54
ok well in my opinon i think that any thing endin with studies are ohhh ahhhhhhhh. u can blabber ur way in the exams and still get a A.

and art especially fine art!!!!! blah blah blah!!!!!! nothin needed except ur paint brush and paints!!!!!!

ICT is so flippin easy u can work durin school hours only can still get a A. that is what i did and u dont have to even revise for the unit 2 exam. general knowledge is required!!! and guess what? i got 3 high As!!!! 96, 92 and 88 (the unit 2 exam) see what i mean?
Oh for God's sake, how many times must we have this discussion??? There are no easy A-levels!!! What one person finds easy might be very difficult to someone else and vice-versa. If you take a so-called 'mickey mouse' subject just because you think it's easy, you may have a nasty shock and you won't be as willing to do the work if you don't enjoy it. As someone else said, you may be asked at interview why you chose your subjects and saying 'because I heard it was easy' isn't going to impress anyone. Just take something you enjoy and are good at, be it another science or an arts subject to give you some variety.
Reply 56
chubby
ok well in my opinon i think that any thing endin with studies are ohhh ahhhhhhhh. u can blabber ur way in the exams and still get a A.

and art especially fine art!!!!! blah blah blah!!!!!! nothin needed except ur paint brush and paints!!!!!!

ICT is so flippin easy u can work durin school hours only can still get a A. that is what i did and u dont have to even revise for the unit 2 exam. general knowledge is required!!! and guess what? i got 3 high As!!!! 96, 92 and 88 (the unit 2 exam) see what i mean?

That's a rather provocative post :smile: Don't be surprised if you get some quite passionate responses!
Reply 57
Health and social care would be a good idea, although there's a lot of coursework it would be appropriate to medicine and as long as you do well on the coursework you should be ok to get an A.
Reply 58
northern_lass
film studies,

What about the film component in languages a-levels? :p:
twiga
What about the film component in languages a-levels? :p:

And what about the film component in Media... ? Oh, wait. Hmm. I found Media Studies so hard; nobody believes me, I swear. I'm not even sure if I believe myself. But it was hard.