30.29%

ReputationRep:
    soooo..... It's coming back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndyJK9)
    soooo..... It's coming back!
    It's a while off yet - but yes

ReputationRep:
    They totally could have made a villain out of Teo Staller.

You know, the German guy in season 5 who had the Russian women in custody and gave her to Jack in exchange for the Knock list? Only for it to implode.

ReputationRep:
    24 is coming back! In London too!

I imagine it will go something like this... http://www.comedycentral.co.uk/news/...er-sutherland/

ReputationRep:

It's been a long, long while.... :excited:

ReputationRep:

Can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    YES!! can't wait I have watched the series back to back too many times to count.

Thinking about it may have to do a rewatch again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addy88)
    YES!! can't wait I have watched the series back to back too many times to count.

Thinking about it may have to do a rewatch again
    Same, but I always end up watching 1 or 2 series back to back over a couple of weeks and then give up. Thinking about maybe starting on series 3 or 4 and going from there.

ReputationRep:

This is going to be awesome

TV event of the year

ReputationRep:
    finally watching season 8 on Netflix, been meaning too for ages, 24 is one of my guilty pleasures, politically I should hate but damn is it entertaining to watch lol, season 8 started really slowly but now I am about half way through it's definitely finding it's feet.

looking forward to Live Another Day especially with it being set in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    finally watching season 8 on Netflix, been meaning too for ages, 24 is one of my guilty pleasures, politically I should hate but damn is it entertaining to watch lol, season 8 started really slowly but now I am about half way through it's definitely finding it's feet.

Those last 4 hours are just........

ReputationRep:
    Not much longer to wait now :jive:

I'm very tempted to pre-order the Blu-Ray box set, despite that being just a touch pre-emptive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Not much longer to wait now :jive:

I'm very tempted to pre-order the Blu-Ray box set, despite that being just a touch pre-emptive!
    There was definitely room for a "Don't fight it" in there... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Those last 4 hours are just........
    quite, pretty explosive stuff, can't wait for Live Another Day even more now, especially as Stephen Fry is playing the PM haha!

ReputationRep:
    quite, pretty explosive stuff, can't wait for Live Another Day even more now, especially as Stephen Fry is playing the PM haha!
    I'm looking forward to Michelle Fairlay in it!

ReputationRep:

Overall I'd say that Season 8 was fairly rubbish, however it did have one of the great Jack Bauer moments:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Bauer going all RoboCop on Charles Logan

It's funny, despite the low points of season 6, the complete nonsense of season 7, the cartoon racism of season 3 ... I can't wait.

Seasons 1 and 5 remain my favourites, with an honourable mention for season 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    Overall I'd say that Season 8 was fairly rubbish, however it did have one of the great Jack Bauer moments:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Bauer going all RoboCop on Charles Logan

It's funny, despite the low points of season 6, the complete nonsense of season 7, the cartoon racism of season 3 ... I can't wait.

Seasons 1 and 5 remain my favourites, with an honourable mention for season 2.
    I thought it was alright, the first 8 hours or so of it were a bit slow though.

I need to rewatch them all at some point I think, have seasons 1-5 on DVD

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was alright, the first 8 hours or so of it were a bit slow though.

I need to rewatch them all at some point I think, have seasons 1-5 on DVD
    TBH, you've pretty much got the best of the series with 1-5. I think 3 is a dud with the cartoon Mexicans, although IIRC it does have one of the most powerful scenes in 24 history

Spoiler:
    Show
    Bauer executing Ryan Chappelle

but 6 was terrible as it went all soap opera with its love triangle and 7 didn't so much jump the shark as dynamite it.

8 is the best of the post-season 5 stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    TBH, you've pretty much got the best of the series with 1-5. I think 3 is a dud with the cartoon Mexicans, although IIRC it does have one of the most powerful scenes in 24 history

Spoiler:
    Show
    Bauer executing Ryan Chappelle

but 6 was terrible as it went all soap opera with its love triangle and 7 didn't so much jump the shark as dynamite it.

8 is the best of the post-season 5 stuff.
    I know I wasn't keen on seasons 6 and 7 yeah so I would agree with that, might get the rest at some point just cause I like having a complete collection

hope Live Another Day lives up to the hype, already set the simulcast up to record though chances are with my sleep pattern I will be up anyway lol, there's like a behind the scenes thing on Sky before it as well which might be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Not long to wait now... I only wish that I didn't have work tomorrow! Still, waiting one day longer won't kill me if I have to

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.