The 24 Thread watch

• View Poll Results: Best season of 24?
    23.56%
    16.35%
    15.87%
    13.94%
    30.29%

ReputationRep:
    Sooooooo happy that Jack is back! It's so weird seeing him in London, seeing him at train stations and landmarks that I've been to ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only just watching the latest episode, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Really hope Navarro is dead, he irritates me to no end

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    aaaaaaaannnd the mole is revealed...tbh i suspected Navarro all along.any idea who the person on the other end was?
    "Jack wants her,Jack needs her,Jack gets her!"

ReputationRep:
    Classic 24 that episode!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Obvious there'd be some kind of mole/informant/baddie in the CIA.

MI5 :facepalm2: It's embarrassing that Americans will now think they are that incompetent in real life.

Classic Xenia Onatopp from Kate Morgan though!

ReputationRep:
    OMG that was unexpected!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There are theories that the president is not dead.what do you think? i really think he's dead.
    When Jack said "wake that ***** up!" i smiled.That line was awesome and badass!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DairyMilkSweg)
    Sooooooo happy that Jack is back! It's so weird seeing him in London, seeing him at train stations and landmarks that I've been to ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm happy for the change of scenery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muf_mur)
    OMG that was unexpected!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There are theories that the president is not dead.what do you think? i really think he's dead.
    When Jack said "wake that ***** up!" i smiled.That line was awesome and badass!!
    Ah, but...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There was no silent clock :holmes:

I agree with you though - that's the last that we'll see of President Heller. :sadnod

Just got onto season 9, hoping it lives up to the standard of the first 9 seasons!

ReputationRep:
    This episode was killer! I have loved this season so far, maybe not as great as the fifth one (my favorite) but still really good, the final episodes are gonna be amazing I'm sure of it

Spoiler:
    Show
    The face of Navarro when he realized he had been duped, too damn good

ReputationRep:
    This show :rofl:

Spoiler:
    Show
    World War III! I hope there's a Russian/Chinese goon showdown...

With all the 'super serious' AAA shows out there are the moment, a bit of hilarious Bauer is really refreshing.

Quote of the episode:

Spoiler:
    Show
    "Immunity isn't on the table... but your hand is!"
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)

Spoiler:
    Show
    World War III! I hope there's a Russian/Chinese goon showdown...

With all the 'super serious' AAA shows out there are the moment, a bit of hilarious Bauer is really refreshing.

Quote of the episode:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Agreed, 24 is great for escapism and a change from the current trend. I can hardly believe how quickly we're getting through the series - only two weeks left!

It seems that the final episode is making a break from the norm for 24 and not being entirely 'real-time' - it's timed as 10PM to 11AM. It'll be interesting to see what they plan to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)

Quote of the episode:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mine was "just so we are clear,i was not asking.That was me being courteous" Jack's so badass this season! like when he said "wake that ***** up!" and when he threw Margot out of the window..so awesome:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i hope they don't kill chloe.who else thinks she looks hideous with all that crap on her face and her punky hairstyle.its amazing how they included Arabs,Russians,Chinese in one season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Agreed, 24 is great for escapism and a change from the current trend. I can hardly believe how quickly we're getting through the series - only two weeks left!

It seems that the final episode is making a break from the norm for 24 and not being entirely 'real-time' - it's timed as 10PM to 11AM. It'll be interesting to see what they plan to do.
    Interesting!

Calling it:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jack ends up in a Russian gulag/Chinese prison. Has to Die Hard his way out :emo:

ReputationRep:
    wow! what an end!

ReputationRep:
    Finale spoilers (you have been warned!)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That wasn't a silent clock at the end for Jack, right? RIGHT?!?!

Sad it's over, but it was a great last few episodes. Heller's speech at the end was really heartbreaking, and that moment where Jack considered putting a bullet in his brain before going on a season 1 rampage was tough.

I WANT MOAR.

defo one of the best series i've watched

Spoiler:
    Show
    really hoping for there to be another season!

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed this season so much especially seeing as it was shot here in the UK but would have preferred to see Chloe at CTU behind a computer than outside so much

Spoiler:
    Show
    Can't believe Audrey was killed though didn't think they would do that but then again they kill everyone (r.i.p. edgar, michelle, renee and many more)

ReputationRep:
    Quite underwhelmed with that last episode, bar
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the moment when Jack was considering killing himself and went on a rampage

They should have kept our Chinese friend on a while longer, more than 2 hours anyway, that should have been exploited more. The very end also strongly resembled the season 8 finale. I was kinda expecting something unexpected tbh.

It just doesn't feel right with 12 episodes. I miss the 24 hour format, I miss CTU, I miss Jack working for the government and going rogue.

That said, I could watch Kiefer play Jack all day, every emotion he experiences comes across so well.

Season was okay, 5>4>7>8>3>6>1>LAD>2>Film

Still can't wait (and hoping for) next season though!

ReputationRep:
    LOVED this season!! I was scared that they wouldn't be able to pull it off with 12 episodes but they did it and quite excellently imo. Some of the arcs felt kinda short/rushed but overall it was great.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Good Lord tho, Jack has the worst life ever! First Teri, Renee, David Palmer (best prez ever, fictional or non-fictional!) Tony (and his resurrection as a madman), and now Audrey??? Kinda blame him for all the things he's done to piss off the Russians and Chinese

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.