The 24 Thread watch

• View Poll Results: Best season of 24?
    23.56%
    16.35%
    15.87%
    13.94%
    30.29%

ReputationRep:
    wait a minute, couldnt they have shut down all of CTUs ventilation system? Also wouldnt you think a place like CTU would ALL be "lockdownable" and not just 3 rooms?

I just saw that last episode... goodness

The best 24 episode ever. So sad... oh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)
    wait a minute, couldnt they have shut down all of CTUs ventilation system? Also wouldnt you think a place like CTU would ALL be "lockdownable" and not just 3 rooms?
    Yeah, i got the impression most of the building was "lockdownable", but those three could be done the fastest or were the highest priorities. Just a guess.

ReputationRep:
    ive just watched it again and have come to the conclusion that because the gas was moving from the outside and inclosing in into the centre of the building, those three rooms were the only ones which could safely be locked down (without any of the nerve gas creeping in). Im assuming it is possible to lock down all of CTU but in this case it was too late as the gas was already inside and was moving inwards. But i still dont get why they didnt have any gas masks or anything, and wy Jack couldnt disable the Canistar like he did in the mall. And why couldnt they shut down the whole ventilation system?

ReputationRep:
    ive just watched it again and have come to the conclusion that because the gas was moving from the outside and inclosing in into the centre of the building, those three rooms were the only ones which could safely be locked down (without any of the nerve gas creeping in). Im assuming it is possible to lock down all of CTU but in this case it was too late as the gas was already inside and was moving inwards. But i still dont get why they didnt have any gas masks or anything, and wy Jack couldnt disable the Canistar like he did in the mall. And why couldnt they shut down the whole ventilation system?
    He didnt have time to disable it. They didnt really know where it was (Edgar suspected it was in that room but couldnt have been sure) and I guess the main priority was to find the terrorist.
    There does seem to be a number of plot holes if you could call them that though. Like how the hell does the terrorist pretty much walk straight in there with a massive canister which wouldnt fit in his case along with a knife.

By using the executive entrance with the 'super card'... we're giving away spoilers here people!!!

And the way it ended... oh noes Closest I've come to crying from TV since Michael Schumacher failed to take the title back in 2000. That says a lot. It was more heartfelt than England going out to Brazil and 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' coming on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    By using the executive entrance with the 'super card'... we're giving away spoilers here people!!!

And the way it ended... oh noes Closest I've come to crying from TV since Michael Schumacher failed to take the title back in 2000. That says a lot. It was more heartfelt than England going out to Brazil and 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' coming on.
    i agree... it was incredibly sad, and what made it even worse wasc hloe being there and seeing her expression. during this whole season chloe ang edgar havnt exactly been getting along have they, and theyre best friends! so sad

ReputationRep:
    Ya there was no way Jack could have disabled it, he didn't even know about it until Buchanon's announcement over the intercom thingy.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    NOOOOOOOOOO NOT TONY! I *cannot* believe they killed him off as well, first David, then Michelle, then Edgar, then Lynn and now Tony... there isn't going to be anyone left by the end of the season... maybe that's the point? Maybe this is the last season...

I think Kiefer has been contracted to do quite a few more seasons...

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    henderson is a little *****, miraculous recovery, i'm not particularly sad about lynn mcgill's death. I hate when idiots take ctu over its ghey!

ReputationRep:
    There's also rumours of a movie being made.

Btw, this episode was awesome. President Logan needs a good punch in the face though.

ReputationRep:
    i agree... it was incredibly sad, and what made it even worse wasc hloe being there and seeing her expression. during this whole season chloe ang edgar havnt exactly been getting along have they, and theyre best friends! so sad
    It was awesome. The silent clock was the icing on the cake.

ReputationRep:
    That was an INTENSE episode

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    nobody cares that Tony died? Nah I didn't mind Mcgill dying either but i wasn't sure he'd actually do it.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, Tony might still live

ReputationRep:
    HOLY UNSEEN-PLOT-TWIST BATMAN!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    So... all the main characters are getting killed. And looking at next week's preview, Curtis could get the chop as well... hahahaha. Why oh why didn't Tony shoot Henderson with the gun...

It seems like they are setting Henderson up to be one of 24's biggest villians. Killing Tony is, I feel, the tip of the iceberg. That is... unless.. Henderson feels the WRATH OF BAUER. Bring a hacksaw

Season 5 has a strong case for best season ever, and the last 3 episodes of S5 easily some of the best ever made. They are, for me, up there with death of nina, pseudo-death of jack, season 2 finale etc.etc.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

everyone's dead, jack is just a jinx, i bet kim dies before the season ends. (actually quite unlikely considering Jack would probably never come back to ctu if that happened)

I agree, this may be the last season unless they reinvent the series. theyd have to introduce quite a few new characters though.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i highly doubt Tony is still alive, he doesn't even want to be alive. I seriously hope this isn't the last season but i have a strange feeling it might be. At least at the end of the others the main characters were more or less intact (jack, tony, michelle and david in the more recent season) but now they're pretty much all dead. I hope I'm wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I havent seen the latest ep (13) but i've clicked on your spoilers and want to comment, I always been one urging new characters and removing older ones out of it, well strictly ones that say they've left but come back, eg tony and michelle. it was annoying last series when they came back from their respective new lives. I always felt that the writers/scripting etc were scared to kill off the most influenical characters. hope they don't kill off curtis tho! hes actually a character whos quickly become a major part of 24 (for me)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.