The Student Room Group

The 24 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Are spoilers allowed in here, because if they are I wont be reading this thread..
Don S
Are spoilers allowed in here, because if they are I wont be reading this thread..

yeah spoilers are 'allowed'.

Im yet to see these 2 new episodes! Mum was watching bloody Gladiator last night so i missed the latest :frown:
there is another site called www.peekvid.com and click on tv programs and then 24...u can watch sneak previews
Reply 1223
Am re-watching season 1- Jack has changed so much! He cries after Richard Walsh gets shot up, and barely grimaces when he shoots Curtis! (Well he did throw up or whatever, but you know).
Reply 1224

Spoiler

Reply 1225
I liked the beard.
Reply 1226
LOGAN!!!!!!!
LOGAN!!!!!!!
LOGAN!!!!!!!
LOGAN!!!!!!!

AMAZING EPISODE!!!!!! I knew lennox would come through :biggrin:

I just hope the prez dont get asassinated :redface:
Reply 1227

Spoiler

Reply 1228
BJH1412
that episode was ****... jack's an ass. his father, who has already killed his brother and is ready to kill his grandson for a stupid company, is about to kill him and all he thinks about is telling him how sorry he is for leaving after being treated like **** + how could his father know anything about logan? and how can the CTU know as well where he is and not have thought of asking him before?

Are you a 24 n00b or something? All these things will be revealed later on.... Just like those n00bs who were screaming "CTU said there was only 1 bomb leaked, but they have 5 omgomgomg" then 2 episodes later it got revealed that Gridenko supplied all 5 of them :s-smilie: :rolleyes:
Reply 1229
Don S, ur probably right about the questions. they MIGHT be answered
but thats not the reason i said this. i think that Jack, as a character, has no credibility. hes like science fiction. hes too nice. he never gets angry. he survived months of torture while being alone in a cage. he says he is sorry to his father when he is about to be killed by him... what i mean is that Jack is too selfless and too nice to be a human being. he has no credibility and thats what is making 24 look like an average show despite the fact that the story is nicely written
Reply 1230
BJH1412
but thats not the reason i said this. i think that Jack, as a character, has no credibility. hes like science fiction. hes too nice. he never gets angry. he survived months of torture while being alone in a cage. he says he is sorry to his father when he is about to be killed by him... what i mean is that Jack is too selfless and too nice to be a human being. he has no credibility and thats what is making 24 look like an average show despite the fact that the story is nicely written

Too nice? Never gets angry? Jebus.

Also, he didn't have much choice on whether or not to endure the torture, even if he is Bauer. The apology thing with his father could have been a plot to gain sympathy in order to let him go or something. I don't see how that gives him no credibility.
Did you know the old: someone is about to get shot, close up to their face, but then Jack appears from nowhere and shoots the shooters has been done 92 times in 6 series'? Damn, I love how old tricks never fail! :rolleyes:
Reply 1232
BJH1412

Too nice? How many seasons have you watched? He tortures people all the time!:p: Hell, even this season he damn near killed his own brother in a fit of rage... even in this last episode he slams his ex-girlfriend up against a wall and screams in her face.
Reply 1233
its not realistic
I'm never going to watch 24 again :mad: The last episode I watched was E5 :frown:
BJH1412
its not realistic

your obviously not a true fan.

I STILL have to watch the new episodes!! arghss
Reply 1236
lol. thats not what its about. the story is great but jack isnt (anymore). i much prefered the previous seasons. the other characters (those outside Jack, CTU etc...) where much more interesting.
the only qualm i have with 24 (and you never read this) is that they make it seem that if Jack wasnt there, the world would end. Hes always making the right decisions, there at the right time and seems to know everyones jobs inside out! Like with Chloes - he goes over and does it for her or tells her to do something.

I still love it but on that note its abit unrealistic.
Reply 1238
BJH1412
lol. thats not what its about. the story is great but jack isnt (anymore). i much prefered the previous seasons. the other characters (those outside Jack, CTU etc...) where much more interesting.

I know what you mean. The staff turnover at CTU is pretty remarkable though :p:
Reply 1239
Hey, has anyone been downloading the episodes?
I have to say that this season's rather awesome.
Though they're are a few things that were kind of annoying...
But considering them... I kinda see why...

Quick Reply

Latest