The 24 Thread watch

• View Poll Results: Best season of 24?
    23.56%
    16.35%
    15.87%
    13.94%
    30.29%

ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anyone been downloading the episodes?
    I have to say that this season's rather awesome.
    Though they're are a few things that were kind of annoying...
    But considering them... I kinda see why...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malc89)
    Hey, has anyone been downloading the episodes?
    I have to say that this season's rather awesome.
    Though they're are a few things that were kind of annoying...
    But considering them... I kinda see why...
    I trust you havn't read the thread at all :p:

Pretty much everyone here is up with the US

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sausage)
    the only qualm i have with 24 (and you never read this) is that they make it seem that if Jack wasnt there, the world would end. Hes always making the right decisions, there at the right time and seems to know everyones jobs inside out! Like with Chloes - he goes over and does it for her or tells her to do something.

I still love it but on that note its abit unrealistic.
    No element of it is particularly realistic in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bis)
    No element of it is particularly realistic in the slightest.
    Added to that, the vast majority of staff at CTU seem to be in-bred :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JH08)
    Added to that, the vast majority of staff at CTU seem to be in-bred :p:
    Well maybe the terrorist bit...because there are terrorists in the world :p: Thats about it.

Where do you get the inbredness from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJH1412)
    i think that Jack, as a character, has no credibility. hes like science fiction. hes too nice. he never gets angry.
    Eh? :confused: :confused: :confused:

he says he is sorry to his father when he is about to be killed by him
    Ever heard of trying to save yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spud)
    Eh? :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Jack ALWAYS gets angry :confused:

Count up the number of times he shouts "Damnit!" or "Son of a *****!" in an episode....

ReputationRep:
    I just heard on ITV News that 24 could be taken off the television next week. They said they will explain why on the ITV News at 10.30pm tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sausage)
    the only qualm i have with 24 (and you never read this) is that they make it seem that if Jack wasnt there, the world would end. Hes always making the right decisions, there at the right time and seems to know everyones jobs inside out! Like with Chloes - he goes over and does it for her or tells her to do something.

I still love it but on that note its abit unrealistic.

jacks a god

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andycoll17)
    I just heard on ITV News that 24 could be taken off the television next week. They said they will explain why on the ITV News at 10.30pm tonight.
    I think that is just that Virgin Media (previously NTL/Telewest) have failed to agree terms with Sky for them to show SkyOne, so VirginMedia will no longer show 24 because of no more SkyOne.

ReputationRep:
    Logan...is...

ReputationRep:
    i think that Jack, as a character, has no credibility. hes like science fiction. hes too nice. he never gets angry
    wtf?

You telling me that jack didn't get angry when he found out that bluetooth man was behind the palmer killing and stuff!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    wtf?

You telling me that jack didn't get angry when he found out that bluetooth man was behind the palmer killing and stuff!?!?
    I think this guy might have been watching it with his eyes closed :p:

ReputationRep:
    I watched four episodes today, the ones I've missed so far

But, err, its not that good. I can't put my finger on why, it just seems to be a bit dull.

Whats with Logan's beard anyhow. Hes let himself go a bit :p:

ReputationRep:
    Of course the show isn't totally realistic- it'd be boring as hell if it was!

ReputationRep:
    Thing with 24 (and a lot of TV shows I guess ) is that they are very limited in what they can do - at the start of this and last years series' they pulled off some great shockers but after a while it becomes standard fare...

ReputationRep:
    That's my main worry- that they start doing things that really effect the direction of the show just because they feel like they constantly have to "wow" viewers.

ReputationRep:
    99 members of the 24 soc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Of Leon)
    IBut, err, its not that good. I can't put my finger on why, it just seems to be a bit dull.
    That's exactly what I was feeling when season 6 started. I had never felt like that with the previous seasons, so I just thought it was because I was watching it on my laptop (first season I've actually downloaded, rest were DVDs) :p: I mean the opening of season 5 had to be the best ever, but people were saying that season 6's was just as good, if not better. I just didn't find this to be true. Okay, the dracula bit was good, I have to admit, but for the rest I was like thinking *baah not this stuff again*. It just didn't have the spark which the previous seasons had, and for the first time I wasn't over-excited to watch the next ep. I mean, Prison Break is pretty much giving 24 a run for its money *braces for the abuse*.

(Original post by Clubber Lang)
    Thing with 24 (and a lot of TV shows I guess ) is that they are very limited in what they can do - at the start of this and last years series' they pulled off some great shockers but after a while it becomes standard fare...
    ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, Prison Break is only on its 2nd series (and each series contains 2 less episodes!).

Even the almost faultless Scrubs seemed to be tiring in parts by Season 5.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.