The 24 Thread watch

• View Poll Results: Best season of 24?
    23.56%
    16.35%
    15.87%
    13.94%
    30.29%

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the first episode of Season 5...and ****** me it was good! I sorta ruined it for myself because I read the episode guide on fox.com and found out that my favourite character was bumped off in the first 5 minutes :'( which completely sucked! However I had to see it to believe it. Downloading the next episode now.... *how exciting*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Just watched the first episode of Season 5...and ****** me it was good! I sorta ruined it for myself because I read the episode guide on fox.com and found out that my favourite character was bumped off in the first 5 minutes :'( which completely sucked! However I had to see it to believe it. Downloading the next episode now.... *how exciting*
    that character rawks !!! (points to user title)

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the first 4 episodes (not all in one ago). Definitely the quickest start to any series thus far, although I doubt they can keep the intensity going. It seems to be settling down into standard 24, which is only bad in that it's been done so many times before. There's a limit to how many variations they can do on manhunts and interrogations. But the start bodes well (although I was sad to see certain characters killed off with such little regard - not even a silent clock).

I started watching on Series 2 and a couple of episodes in borrowed Series 1 off someone and finished it all in 3 days (watched 10 episodes continuously ). Since then been watching it on Sky One and now torrenting it. Along with Spooks and Hustle it's the only real drama I enjoy on TV.

ReputationRep:
    when is the next series going to be on in the uk if there is one? its probably been mentioned a few hundred times in this thread, but i cant be bothered to read it.

ReputationRep:
    February on Sky One.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertine)
    February on Sky One.
    splendid.

Just watched the four openers to season 5 and :cool:

It is soooo good. So good that I rewatched all 4 episodes again. Man... I am hooked already

ReputationRep:
    just watched season 4 and those 4 episodes of season 5, god i love 24. I was a big lost fan, but watching 24 on dvd is so much better than lost!

lol ive got 2 weeks off at uni, so gonna grab the first 3 seasons off my uncle and spend like 6 days watching them!

Right... Jack Bauer versus Jesus... discuss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Right... Jack Bauer versus Jesus... discuss
    Jack Bauer has come back to life twice thanks to the miracle of epinephrine

ReputationRep:
    Episode 5 wasn't as good as the other 4. Although a few more plot points are revealed it didn't seem as "cool" as the openers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p00p-)
    Episode 5 wasn't as good as the other 4. Although a few more plot points are revealed it didn't seem as "cool" as the openers
    indeed and walt is a ****

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm not CTU. I'll go get Walt Cummings.

Brilliant!! (Yes it was a filler episode..) but it was still great - Jack has returned as the one man army.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    Jack Bauer has come back to life twice thanks to the miracle of epinephrine
    Only realised that was the American name for adrenaline quite recently; until then, I'd thought it was some weird miracle drug.

Anyway, episode 5 was good - slower but still a lot happening compared to many episodes in previous series.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I mean, you found out there was a mole in CTU, you saw the mole let someone in, the rest of CTU discovered the mole, the guy who was let in attempted his task, the mole confessed...these events have taken hours in previous series.

And Jack is a badass

ReputationRep:
    I really hate all this relationship/love crap between Jack, Audrey etc...It ate up a lot of time in this ep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimistic)
    I really hate all this relationship/love crap between Jack, Audrey etc...It ate up a lot of time in this ep
    Yeah, I've always thought 24 draws out the emotional scenes for too long (and they're not normally very good anyway).

ReputationRep:
    I'd choose Derek's mum over Audrey !! though Chloe > all !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    I'd choose Derek's mum over Audrey !! though Chloe > all !
    Now that's just wrong :eek:

Female cast went horribly downhill after Kim and Kate Warner left...well, there's still Logan's wife I guess

Spoiler:
    Show
    I miss Michelle

ReputationRep:
    Oh Kim (Elisha Cuthbert)..whoa, I'm not even gonna get into that right now...

From a blog, I agree with most of it:

"24 is as good as ever, but it's almost laughable how the same plot lines are being recycled from previous seasons. I just don't know how many horrific and complicated terror schemes can be piled up as merely smokescreens for bigger plots. Are we supposed to believe that the chain of events of the first 5 hours was all so that they could get their hands on those canisters?

And everyone seemed to get over real fast the fact that Jack Bauer is alive. I mean, ****, he was confirmed dead 18 months earlier! My grandmother died a couple years ago. If she showed up at Passover dinner next month with a tub of matzoh ball soup like the old days, I'd need more than the 12 seconds Curtis and Audrey took to fully comprehend what was going on. I dunno.

I do like Sean Astin's character, even tho "the guy from division taking over the operation" has now been used every single season without fail almost to a point of parody. I also enjoyed the twist with the CTU mole. So far I guess it's been one of the better "days", but I still remember back to the first season and can't see anything ever topping watching it for the first time. "

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.