• View Poll Results: Best season of 24?
    23.56%
    16.35%
    15.87%
    13.94%
    30.29%

ReputationRep:
    the movie seems like a good idea

i wounder if you need to no the past history of jack in order to watch the film

ReputationRep:
    i think a film will either be really good, or really bad for 24. If they bugger it up then people will be turned off by 24. Iv heard that some of it will be recorded in england?

ReputationRep:
    By the sounds of it people are already turned off by 24. Keifer Sutherland has said they're looking to revamp the show next year and that ends will be wrapped up. I suppose it fits nicely that the first six seasons will wrap as two trilogies.

Plus, how brutal was
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Heller?!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... the last episodes are getting good though, I have to admit.

BTW, don't you think Karen's suit is a bit off?

ReputationRep:
    It's good to see Michael Shanks in something other than stargate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datr)
    Damn straight, been anticipating him showing up all season. Go go Daniel Jackson!

ReputationRep:
    Missing Mike Novick...............but i have to admit Tom Lennox is turning out to be abit of a legend!

ReputationRep:
    They're all midgets :p:

(Original post by datr)
    Who did he play? :confused: Didn't see his mug anywhere.

Show does need a revamp I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Who did he play? :confused: Didn't see his mug anywhere.

Show does need a revamp I think.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The Russian spy sexing Lisa

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A better episode compared to recent weeks, but now what? It will be a bit stupid if all the terrorists just leave now. Will they camp there until the end of the day? I reckon Doyle's team will catch them as they leave the building.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else bored of 24 like me now? this season isn't really doing it for me!

ReputationRep:
    The recent episodes have been okay, but apart from that, the whole season has generally been boring. It has to be the crappest season ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    The recent episodes have been okay, but apart from that, the whole season has generally been crap. In fact, it has to be the crappest season ever.
    I dont know whether its the season itself being crap or whether its just a victim of redoing what theyve done before, its nothing new!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the repeating definitely has something to do with it. But there's something else as well, I just can't pin point it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Repetition and tortuous plot twists are a major problem. However I also think one of the problems is that season after season we've lost more of the early staple characters (Nina, Tony, Michelle, D.Palmer, Sherry, Georget et al), and the awesome dynamic and backstories that developed between them in S1/S2 has been replaced by that of disparate and bland characters, often with no interesting backgrounds or relationships with each other beyond their place of work. Watching 24 has now become like watching a run-of-the-mill police/crime drama, with a few central characters but lots of people in the background that get turned over regularly.

Me no like

Spoiler:
    Show
    Bad Chinese man killed Milo! :eek2: I hope Jack cuts his balls off and makes him eat them :mad:

I've very much liked this season actually.

But a new direction is needed before it becomes stale for me.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Season ending with Jack killing his father?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatTheDeuce)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Bad Chinese man killed Milo! :eek2: I hope Jack cuts his balls off and makes him eat them :mad:
    :p: That would be great!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Milo ... :mad:

Have to say I've quite enjoyed this season - a few big, 'wow' moments, although I'd agree that something entirely new is needed and some stronger characters are certainly required.

(Original post by dhokes)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Season ending with Jack killing his father?
    Little bit Christopher Henderson.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.