The Student Room Group

The 24 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Blasphemer! :p:

Jack is 24, and there won't be a show without him.
Reply 1421
I managed to watch season five rather quickly. It was over two days that I had school, but still, from the time I started watching the first episode, till then end of the 24th, 34 hours had passed. And I had to sleep, eat and go to lessons during that time too...

24 is quite clearly the best series ever made (even though you could claim it's blatantly pro-US propaganda, I don't really think so - just watch season five and it'll show you how wrong you are).
Now just have to wait for six to come out on DVD so I can watch it all in one go :biggrin:
That's dedicated. I liked season 5 a lot because it did manage to stay dramatically different from previous seasons.
Reply 1423
Four was in certain aspects slightly dissapointing. It was merely one threat after the other, and they happened to be organised by the same guys :frown:

But in 5 you never knew who was truly behind it.
Also, the beginning of 5 is unbelievable! I mean, people talk about the ruthlessness demonstrated perfectly at the end of 1, but the beginning of 5 takes it to a new level!

Another thing I like about 24 is their use of camera. It's not normally 'clear cut' enough for it to feel 'constructed', so it's not like a film, but at the same time it's not 'hand held' so that you're aware of it. It just flows and keeps on showing you everything, but not in a sterile manner... It's quite interesting lol
Sir Esh
Four was in certain aspects slightly dissapointing. It was merely one threat after the other, and they happened to be organised by the same guys :frown:
I think they did that on purpose because in previous seasons they had several hierarchies (maybe too many?). Perhaps they wanted to do it different this time so that it doesn't look so much like they're making things up as they go (i.e. the introducing of new terrorist leaders). Although you could argue threat after threat is like making things up as you go :p: But I quite liked season 4- imotab from mummy :p:, and the design of CTU was nice as well.

24 Day 7 and Day 8 announced! :smile:
Keifer will be in them... obviously! :p:
It will be a non-LA location!!!!! NY? Miami? Chicago? LONDON!!! :wink:
And a lot of the cast will leave, propably due to different office location... or different job? Secret Service? Army? President!! :eek: :biggrin:
Reply 1426
I'd just be starting to think that a series abroad is necessary ...

Spoiler

Reply 1428
Non LA location? Hm, that is definitely interesting.

*ponders*
It better be London :p:, although I don't know how that would work... :hmmmm:
surely washington would be the most obvious choice?

i've just got the girlfriend into 24 so me sneaking off for a few days at a time to watch my latest boxset is no longer necessary.
So its all over for another year, terrible season overall.

I for one am not that bothered about it comign back next year, sure it will start off great by doing something different and exciting but it'll end poorly.
Definitely the worst season imo; I've yet to download it; I'm finding Lost more interesting atm :rolleyes:

Just hope they do something really different next year, otherwise I couldn't bear another two more seasons :hmpf:
Mustard-man
Definitely the worst season imo

Yep. I remember people saying that Lost (the first series) was better than the nuclear missle series of 24 and I couldn't believe that people thought that.

But now...

Lost is better than 24!!:p: :p:
*Legs it*
Fishfinger Sandwich
Yep. I remember people saying that Lost (the first series) was better than the nuclear missle series of 24 and I couldn't believe that people thought that.

But now...

Lost is better than 24!!:p: :p:
*Legs it*

You'd better run :p: :viking:
But to be fair, Lost is an easier programme to do. It's not exactly the norm. You get this massive black smokey monster which can kill people :bird:
24 did the ultimate this year - had a massive attack on the USA - something they have saved in every other series. They knew they had to do it.

But they gave it very little air time. And it turned out very different from what I thought it would be.

What happened to to the middle east/China connection? Was I dreaming or did I see a Chinese man kill himself on that bus? So it was a bit of a red herring. We ended up with a 2 parter really.

19 odd hours of Islamic terrorists and then 5 hours of Audrey/China.

It was rubbish.
Just finished watching the last episode. The last few episodes were all right I suppose, but overall, definitely the worst season. Hmm... they better pull something out of their arses next season, I really can't see it being any better than what we've already seen. Ah well, I guess this thread will go into hibernation :p: See you guys next Jan(ish) :biggrin:
Hibernation Looool Loooool. Hahahahahahahahha.
Quite a good ending I thought, this series really let itself down in the middle part though. The middle 16 hours were quite poor.

The Audrey/Jack ending was so boring though. Love stories in 24 are a no-no :hmmm:

Quick Reply

Latest