The 24 Thread watch

• View Poll Results: Best season of 24?
    23.56%
    16.35%
    15.87%
    13.94%
    30.29%

ReputationRep:
    Quite a good ending I thought, this series really let itself down in the middle part though. The middle 16 hours were quite poor.

The Audrey/Jack ending was so boring though. Love stories in 24 are a no-no :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Such a bunch of gurns! :mad: :p: I don't think it's been that bad a season, although obviously it could have tried some more original ideas. That said, they've set themselves a ridiculously high standard, and creating realistic threats to the US government can only lead you so many ways ...

(Original post by SuperDaz)
    The Audrey/Jack ending was so boring though. Love stories in 24 are a no-no :hmmm:
    Yeah, well I suppose they had to tie it up, and it means you won't have to put up with said storyline any more. That said, Jack actually showed some emotions in this series :eek:

Actually, I thought the scene with Heller just before that was downright scary - the volatile nature of Jack knows no bounds it seems!

Oh, and God help the first ever CTU-bambino, goodness knows it will need it

ReputationRep:
    A different ending to this season that was written featured

Spoiler:
    Show
    Tony back from the dead. His death was meant to be an elaborate hoax and he was working alongside Henderson all the time. :p:

Another rumoured ending featured Nina. Jack didn't actually kill Nina - he killed her TWIN SISTER! Their father/mentor is Charles Logan. Would've been hilarious.

The creators say the next season is going to have a new change of pace and try to go back to its roots, when 24 was personal to Jack. This means no nuclear threats! They said it's unlikely that the villain will be a terrorist at all. They're going for a new cast with a couple of returning faces - I don't think CTU will return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountOlaf)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Tony back from the dead. His death was meant to be an elaborate hoax and he was working alongside Henderson all the time. :p:

Another rumoured ending featured Nina. Jack didn't actually kill Nina - he killed her TWIN SISTER! Their father/mentor is Charles Logan. Would've been hilarious.
    THANK GOODNESS they didn't do either of those as that would have removed considerable credability from the show, particularly the second.

They're going for a new cast with a couple of returning faces - I don't think CTU will return.
    I like CTU

ReputationRep:
    They're going for a new cast with a couple of returning faces - I don't think CTU will return.
    One will probably be Chloe, well I hope so. Bill Buchanan(sp?) has been quite a legend, but I doubt he'll be returning. Palmer? Nah :p:

BTW, the situation with Walid and Sandra was pretty **** wasn't it? It was quite pointless.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

The creators say the next season is going to have a new change of pace and try to go back to its roots, when 24 was personal to Jack. This means no nuclear threats! They said it's unlikely that the villain will be a terrorist at all. They're going for a new cast with a couple of returning faces - I don't think CTU will return.
    The Audrey issue was meant to be personal to jack and wasnt that great

and to be honest i am also sick of jack getting caught and beaten up.

so we need soemthing really good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    One will probably be Chloe, well I hope so. Bill Buchanan(sp?) has been quite a legend, but I doubt he'll be returning. Palmer? Nah :p:

BTW, the situation with Walid and Sandra was pretty **** wasn't it? It was quite pointless.
    Chloe probably will be back, though she needs to go back to being more annoying, I think. Maybe this baby will rile her. :p:

As for Bill, hmm 'retiring', but you never know - look what happened when Tony et al 'left' ...

I'd actually forgotten about Walid and Sandra until you mentioned it though! Looked like they would have real significance, but were they even present in the last 12 hrs, aside from Sandra giving the go-ahead to revive Palmer. Writers must thave given up on it halfway through.

ReputationRep:
    Jack is great. Me and the boyfriend are avid lovers of 24. It's just a shame that every time we see him, he's getting beaten up. More of Jack hopefully.

I saw Chloe in Legally Blond 2 and OMG she looks a lot different.

Those other endings are horrible.

And keeping Chloe would be great, she's a good character.

Moving away from CTU would kill off one of the most memorable things about 24. The ringing of the phones!!!!

ReputationRep:
    So true... might have to change my mobile text message tone

But I think its for the better, Day 6 was the worst ever, even some of my brain is saying Big Sister is better than Day 6 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    This article by Charlie Brooker in his Screenburn column sums up why this season was so bad:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguide/c...092144,00.html

Like him I read spoilers (I think I read them for the last 5 or 6 episodes) because discovering the story by watching was becoming tedious, and it was only through force of habit that I sat through the season to the end. I've never looked ahead before, even when the storyline was so good I really really wanted to know what was going to happen next.

ReputationRep:
    So in other words I haven't missed much...

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it's looking good that Chloe will return, but under completely different circumstances. ie. not CTU. Thank goodness.

CTU's phones are great but the melodrama this year was so tiresome.

ReputationRep:
    just saw Season 1 1200 - 0300...awesome show..cant wait to see the next disc

ReputationRep:
    my boss keeps going on about it he has the box sets from 1-5 and hes lending me them, anyone watched all 6 series? is it good? x

ReputationRep:
    Ive watched season 2, and bought season 1 yesterday. Am very very excited! Its absolutely fabulous.

There are better shows on TV.

ReputationRep:
    IMO, it's superb - one of my favourite programs (if not the favourite)! I've watched Seasons 1-5 (started when the BBC started, with the very first season), and nearly finished Season 6

ReputationRep:
    There's actually a huge thread on 24 in here somewhere. Seasons 4 and 5 are the best, 6 starts well but i thought it was a letdown overall.

ReputationRep:
    Season 5 was by far the best season! Season 6 wasnt as good as it was made out to be..which sucked arse.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.