23.56%
    16.35%
    15.87%
    13.94%
    30.29%

ReputationRep:
    24 does indeed rock

ReputationRep:
    Some season 7 news (I'll spoiler tag it, but it's nothing HUGE, probably what we'll end up seeing when the trailer for the new season comes out come October/November):

Spoiler:
    Show
    It will take place primarily in Washington DC.

The president is a WOMAN, played by Cherry Jones (was in Signs and The Village).

A plotline will revolve around the son of the president who is found dead. It is an assumed suicide but the First Husband (Man?) thinks it's a setup and that the son's ex-girlfriend knows something. The general theme of this season is meant to be much more personal, more in line with season 1 (but they said that last year, and the year before). Hopefully this won't mean more nuclear bombs.

There will be no CTU. I don't know if there will be a prequel for this season but the general idea seems to be that CTU is disbanded between seasons 6 and 7. The FBI will play more of a part and one of the main characters will be a female FBI agent.

An original plot had Jack being called in as being part of some kind of big trial, but that might not happen now. Another plot was set in Africa but that's also been scrapped. The main plot has been rewritten so many times that filming has been delayed by over a month.

Chloe and Bill Buchanan will return. I guess it's possible we'll see Morris again, as Chloe will have had her baby by the time the season starts. Hopefully Chloe will be more than a glorified extra this year.

Apparently the writers keep toying with the idea of bringing Tony back. I hope they don't, though.

In an attempt to raise awareness, the show will reduce its carbon usage to an extent that the filming of its final episode will be carbon neutral, or something. Apparently global warming will somehow play a part in the plot.

The start time is set to be 7.00AM YET AGAIN. However, this has been the case in recent years just because of the filming schedule - film the daytime hours in summer when there is more light (this was an issue in earlier seasons) - and as filming has been delayed, we might get a later start time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountOlaf)
    Some season 7 news (I'll spoiler tag it, but it's nothing HUGE, probably what we'll end up seeing when the trailer for the new season comes out come October/November):

Spoiler:
    Show
    It will take place primarily in Washington DC.

The president is a WOMAN, played by Cherry Jones (was in Signs and The Village).

A plotline will revolve around the son of the president who is found dead. It is an assumed suicide but the First Husband (Man?) thinks it's a setup and that the son's ex-girlfriend knows something. The general theme of this season is meant to be much more personal, more in line with season 1 (but they said that last year, and the year before). Hopefully this won't mean more nuclear bombs.

There will be no CTU. I don't know if there will be a prequel for this season but the general idea seems to be that CTU is disbanded between seasons 6 and 7. The FBI will play more of a part and one of the main characters will be a female FBI agent.

An original plot had Jack being called in as being part of some kind of big trial, but that might not happen now. Another plot was set in Africa but that's also been scrapped. The main plot has been rewritten so many times that filming has been delayed by over a month.

Chloe and Bill Buchanan will return. I guess it's possible we'll see Morris again, as Chloe will have had her baby by the time the season starts. Hopefully Chloe will be more than a glorified extra this year.

Apparently the writers keep toying with the idea of bringing Tony back. I hope they don't, though.

In an attempt to raise awareness, the show will reduce its carbon usage to an extent that the filming of its final episode will be carbon neutral, or something. Apparently global warming will somehow play a part in the plot.

The start time is set to be 7.00AM YET AGAIN. However, this has been the case in recent years just because of the filming schedule - film the daytime hours in summer when there is more light (this was an issue in earlier seasons) - and as filming has been delayed, we might get a later start time.
    Out of interest, where'd you get this info from? is it reliable? Sounds interesting though if true.

ReputationRep:
    The info SHOULD be reliable. It comes from a number of sources. One is Ask Ausiello, a column on the US TV Guide website which has different show spoilers each week. The rest come from a 24 message board called 'the 24 insider'. I'd link you but registration has been disabled for a number of months so if you're not registered, you can't view it. Apparently the makers of the show have tried to have the board closed down because (very ironically) one of the posters on the board appears to be a mole working for the show who posts on the board in spite of his contract.

The spoilers can usually be relied on to be legit. On a number of occassions though the writers have actually changed parts of the script because they've been leaked. I think there was an original plot to have Chloe/Kim die late in season 3 but it was changed because the info leaked. The same might go for the rumours of Tony appearing in the season 6 finale. Information about the deaths of Michelle and Palmer in season 5 were on the board about 5 months prior to the start of the season, as well as set photos. There were also pages of the script from season 6, episode 13 online a good 6 months before it aired, and they turned out to be almost word-perfect. It's been said that the writers were seriously considering having Tony as the big bad of the new season, but they were seeking new actors so I guess that's over with. Out of interest, they almost had Gary Oldman as this year's villain, but he turned down the role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountOlaf)
    The info SHOULD be reliable. It comes from a number of sources. One is Ask Ausiello, a column on the US TV Guide website which has different show spoilers each week. The rest come from a 24 message board called 'the 24 insider'. I'd link you but registration has been disabled for a number of months so if you're not registered, you can't view it. Apparently the makers of the show have tried to have the board closed down because (very ironically) one of the posters on the board appears to be a mole working for the show who posts on the board in spite of his contract.

The spoilers can usually be relied on to be legit. On a number of occassions though the writers have actually changed parts of the script because they've been leaked. I think there was an original plot to have Chloe/Kim die late in season 3 but it was changed because the info leaked. The same might go for the rumours of Tony appearing in the season 6 finale. Information about the deaths of Michelle and Palmer in season 5 were on the board about 5 months prior to the start of the season, as well as set photos. There were also pages of the script from season 6, episode 13 online a good 6 months before it aired, and they turned out to be almost word-perfect. It's been said that the writers were seriously considering having Tony as the big bad of the new season, but they were seeking new actors so I guess that's over with. Out of interest, they almost had Gary Oldman as this year's villain, but he turned down the role.
    Ok, thanks . Gary Oldman eh? that would have been brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Another English villian? Who would have thought :p:

ReputationRep:
    S7 spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Show
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2007/09/tony-comes-back.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    S7 spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Show
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2007/09/tony-comes-back.html
    Spoiler:
    Show

:love: Tony! You're back! :love:

ReputationRep:
    My brother told me that 24 was good and one day I just happened to be in the room while he was watching it. Sincew then I've been unable to go a week without watching a few episodes of it! Love it!!!

ReputationRep:
    www.24trailer.com

Anyone seen DieHard 4.0?

ReputationRep:
    Whoa... that trailer was awesome.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I KNEW Tony was alive!!!

I heard they were considering bringing him back as a huge surprise in season 6, but decided not to when it got leaked. Obviously they've decided to bring him back anyway, just not present it as a huge surprise which people will moan and say they saw coming. I'm glad he's back - best character!

ReputationRep:
    www.24trailer.com

Anyone seen DieHard 4.0?
    OMG that is amazing! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for the next season after watching that.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Good that it's going in a new direction with the show, looks kinda fresh. Its good that they're moving onto new ideas and themes, not the same old song and dance again. Although, I'm a little miffed that Tony's a bad guy now, he was one of my heroes, but who knows there might be a twist.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah I dont quite understand seeing as he was dead. Tony is looking F.I.N.E though! I bloody loved Tony, he was my favourite character after JAck...obviously :p:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'm hopeful that him being evil will lead to an immense twist where he is actually good. Or is that too obvious? I'm so happy he's back. The trailer is :eek: though! My heart was pounding! [/sad]

ReputationRep:
    Just felt the need to mention, just in case no-one has yet mentioned it (which I find hard to believe) that Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Baeur is hot beyond belief...swoooooon. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sozzberry)
    Just felt the need to mention, just in case no-one has yet mentioned it (which I find hard to believe) that Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Baeur is hot beyond belief...swoooooon. Lol.
    Oh believe me that hunky piece of human has been mentioned. He is sooo fine!

ReputationRep:
    Is Milo in The OC season 1?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!11111oneone :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sausage)
    Is Milo in The OC season 1?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!11111oneone :eek:
    He played Eddie, duh :rolleyes:

IMDB is your friend
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0050156/

ReputationRep:
    He played Eddie, duh :rolleyes:

IMDB is your friend
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0050156/
    LOL i thought so! I was just watching it on e4 and I was like 'No way that cant be Milo!' so I ran here to post :p:

Im so sad

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.