13.94%
5 (63)
30.29%
Haft_Hasht_Shish
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well I sadly felt no emotion of that sort. I must be very cold hearted of late :confused: .

I missed the days when every minute of 24 was gripping whereas today i just felt relief when it ended. :yep:
dhokes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
I just can't imagine 24 with no CTU to be honest.
Haft_Hasht_Shish
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dhokes)
Spoiler:
Show
I just can't imagine 24 with no CTU to be honest.
And...

Spoiler:
Show
Jack: Dammit Chloe, We're running out of time:woo:
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Gah... It's been downloading for one hour and only 3.8% done (torrent btw) :eek3: :mad: 7.7kb/s on average :hmpf:
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well I liked it, I'm not sure if it was just because I missed JB or because everything else is dross, but it kept me entertained. Decent compassionate storyline, action scenes and it set the tone for S7. It aint too shabby.

Spoiler:
Show
I wouldn't have applied the real time element to it (is that sacrilegious to say that?) I thought it would have worked better without those constraints. While I would have liked to have seen Robert Carlyle to live another series. Oh and the superjack scene at the school was a bit OTT :p:

Do I sense Noah Daniels being involved in the plot too btw :teeth: My by calculations he is supposed to be the democrat and Taylor the republican but it doesnt seem to be that way

Bring on series series 7 :woo:
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just finished watching it It was quite emotional and touching, but I didn't think the action was anything special.
(Original post by rich2606)
i really liked it, but maybe thats just because i've been getting used to substandard prison break and heroes episodes and new 24 seems amazing compared to them. i almost shed a tear at the end
Spoiler:
Show
when Jack gave himself up to save the kids lives
Yeah, and that guy with the black-rimmed glasses (can't remember his name), how annoying was he?!!? Hope Jack gets his hands on him later on

Spoiler:
Show
Shame about Benton, would have liked to see more of him
dita_parlo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SuperDaz)
Spoiler:
Show
I wouldn't have applied the real time element to it (is that sacrilegious to say that?) I thought it would have worked better without those constraints.
I agree.

Overall, I loved it. It was soo unlike normal 24 though, I kept saying "this isn't 24!" but I really liked the different element to it, and being the girlie I am, nearly shed a tear at the end :yep:
Draconis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
24 aint 24 without CTU.
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mustard-man)
Just finished watching it It was quite emotional and touching, but I didn't think the action was anything special.Yeah, and that guy with the black-rimmed glasses (can't remember his name), how annoying was he?!!? Hope Jack gets his hands on him later on

Spoiler:
Show
Shame about Benton, would have liked to see more of him
I was only spoiler-ing for your benefit :p: I think everyone now its been on sky and out for a few days on the web, its reasonably fair to talk about it :ninja2:

There was no ticking clock so he could well return
(Original post by Draconis)
24 aint 24 without CTU.
Meh. CTU had become a bit predictable in that there was always at least one spy working there, one kerazy boss who jepodised the work of Chloe and co and at least one attack per series on it :p:

I say we give S7 a chance without CTU
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It was fairly decent, nothing like what 24 used to be like however. It seems very action movie...people falling like dominos when facing Jack.

The compassionate arc to the storyline was slightly interesting, but it was so clichéd with the whole "the UN is useless, American officials aren't interested with these africans plight" thing going on. Trying to bring up the Rwanda genocide reaction which is good for a mainstream american drama, but very action movie black and white.

I'm very spoilt by the Shield and the Wire recently however, so I used to gritty subtle drama, this was a popcorn flick in comparison.
Lady_Darkness
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Jack Bauer as a one-man army is becoming ridiculous... come on, he was facing what, 10+, armed, trained, soldiers who were fighting in their own country and with much most sophisticated weapons than he had... and yet he still killed 80% of them with a couple of handguns, some dynamite and a knife... ffs!!! I preferred the Jack of earlier seasons who was a bit more human...

On the whole, though, it was pretty gripping and great to see JB back on screen. It was actually quite a nice change from the normal 24 concept, although the whole baddy-in-the-White-House thing again frustrates me.
From watching the most recent trailers for S7 Redemption seems to provide a very good lead-in to the events that take place.
username33685
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i wouldn't say they were particularly well trained soldiers or that the ak47 is a sophisticated weapon :p:
Lady_Darkness
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hehe, I can't pretend to know much about guns... they just looked a helluva lot more advanced / scary than Jack's little handguns. :P

The men who were fighting him did *seem* (well, from my pov...) like trained soldiers though... got the impression they were actually formerly in that country's military pre-democracy (the general / colonels, at least, if not most of the older guys)
Last edited by Lady_Darkness; 9 years ago
JammyJu
Report 9 years ago
Oooh I need to get the new DVD when it's out.
Or is it out now..meh.

I'm currently watching Season 6 again. I can see why it gets some flak, but it's definetly better than Season 5, 1 and 2 at least.

God I hate Kim and Terri Bauer >.<

Poor Audrey ='[

and z0mg Ryan Chapelle....most hard-hitting moment on any TV show for me.
Epic stuff.
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by JammyJu)
Oooh I need to get the new DVD when it's out.
Or is it out now..meh.

I'm currently watching Season 6 again. I can see why it gets some flak, but it's definetly better than Season 5, 1 and 2 at least.

God I hate Kim and Terri Bauer >.<

Poor Audrey ='[

and z0mg Ryan Chapelle....most hard-hitting moment on any TV show for me.
Epic stuff.
Wooah, lets go back a bit there:hand:

Series 6 is better than 1, 2 and 5?! Are you kerazy? 1 and 5 are gooood, 2 is mediocre but still has its moments.
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ditto that. Season 6 is the worst in my opinion. 1 and 5 the best :yep:
Haft_Hasht_Shish
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mustard-man)
Ditto that. Season 6 is the worst in my opinion. 1 and 5 the best :yep:
Third-ed. Season 6 was awful. I loved Season 5 and obviously Season One as it got me hooked.
Draconis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
S6 was crap. :yep:
S3 :love:
JammyJu
Report 9 years ago
But I get annoyed with Kim and Teri Bauer.
Season 6 is a bit of a re-hash tbh..and I have only seen season 5 once.
I just got a bit bored of it mid-way through.

But 1 is the suckiest season of all.
ChloeGsy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just watched the 'prequel' to series 7 - looks amazing!
i love that it wasn't the typical 'terrorist blows up america' slant which they've been favouring recently - this new African thing is cool!
Don't like the look of the new president though - and her inaugaration (inauguration?) speech was boring as hell!! Maybe we're not meant to like her....

So excited that it's back on!!!!!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (765)
90.43%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (81)
9.57%

Watched Threads