• View Poll Results: Best season of 24?
    23.56%
    16.35%
    15.87%
    13.94%
    30.29%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimistic)
    "24 is as good as ever, but it's almost laughable how the same plot lines are being recycled from previous seasons. I just don't know how many horrific and complicated terror schemes can be piled up as merely smokescreens for bigger plots. Are we supposed to believe that the chain of events of the first 5 hours was all so that they could get their hands on those canisters?
    Terrorists are apparently insanely intelligent. Series 3 topped it though. The first six hours of it were suddenly revealed to be an "elaborate sting operation" thought up by only 3 people :rolleyes:
    I do like Sean Astin's character
    I have trouble taking him seriously as I've only ever seen him as 'the ginger one from Lord of the Rings',
    even tho "the guy from division taking over the operation" has now been used every single season without fail almost to a point of parody.
    Also overused: the mole inside CTU trying to escape during a security lockdown. Nina, Gael, the black woman programmer (the name escapes me), all tried and failed to escape by running out of CTU.
    So far I guess it's been one of the better "days", but I still remember back to the first season and can't see anything ever topping watching it for the first time. "
    My biggest regret about 24 is that I found out the two main twists of series one (Nina and Teri) before watching it, so I never got the full impact of the first series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertine)
    Now that's just wrong :eek:

Female cast went horribly downhill after Kim and Kate Warner left...well, there's still Logan's wife I guess

Spoiler:
    Show
    I miss Michelle
    Kim was nothing but eye candy, I can't forgive her for the cougar plot.

Let's hope Mandy comes into this season, I miss her sinister good looks and her need to kill.

My fav 24 ladies (in no particular order)

Kate Warner
    Mandy
    Michelle
    Claudia
    Saunders' daughter
    Kim

ReputationRep:
    Just finished season 3, was pretty good. I did expect the Ramon Salazzar part of the story to last a bit longer though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Just finished season 3, was pretty good. I did expect the Ramon Salazzar part of the story to last a bit longer though
    yay! Nina dies!!! Its about time, it was becoming too predictable. When they mentioned another buyer I immediately knew it was her

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but i thought it was a bit unrealistic that she like cut her jugular (spell?) vein open and then 10 minutes later was up walking around...

I'm also getting a bit tired of people like Chappel and Hammond and everyone always trying to stop Jack/Tony from doing what's necesary. I dont mean tired of their characters, just tired of it being included in the script. By the 6th or 7th time we get it.

ReputationRep:

I'm also getting a bit tired of people like Chappel and Hammond and everyone always trying to stop Jack/Tony from doing what's necesary. I dont mean tired of their characters, just tired of it being included in the script. By the 6th or 7th time we get it.
    just wait till you watch season 4 :p:

but I suppose that's what the writers want us to feel. Well it kind of makes you feel frustrated as well, and as a viewer, you want jack to prove them wrong.

ReputationRep:
    i love 24......downloaded season 1-4, and my dvd players compatibale with avi files

i hate watchin it on sky one..........cant be dealing with those adverts and wating for a weak,

**turns on season 5 episode 4**

ReputationRep:
    Saw 505 today.

Rather good.

The magic remains.

ReputationRep:
    506 was such an awesome episode!!

ReputationRep:
    one of the best this series easily!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm kinda confussed... At the end of season two that girl attacked Palmer or whatever and took off a layer of his skin... and then nothing ever happened? Did i totally miss something or am I not there yet? (Seen the first four episodes in season 4)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm kinda confussed... At the end of season two that girl attacked Palmer or whatever and took off a layer of his skin... and then nothing ever happened? Did i totally miss something or am I not there yet? (Seen the first four episodes in season 4)
    The writers left a few inconspicuous gaps in the plot (e.g. what Jack whispered to Nina before she was taken away) which they said would be explained either in the game or in later seasons.

I think for the Palmer assassination attempt we'd have to assume that he was cured somehow, or just recovered. Or it might be explained later.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess so, it just seemed odd that she would save the skin...

ReputationRep:
    I think we need a 24 society

ReputationRep:
    I think we need a 24 society
    go for it padfoot!

ReputationRep:
    what happened between season 2 and 3 is explained in the game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gordon2002)
    go for it padfoot!
    Alrighty *goes to find good icon*

ReputationRep:
    Alrighty *goes to find good icon*
    hmmm....... *wonders what icon it will be*:p:

ReputationRep:
    Dude, right here (attached)

And call the soc, "24 Society" (Not 'The', so then it will be at the top of the list )

ReputationRep:
    have one with jack bauer!!!

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.