The 24 Thread watch

• View Poll Results: Best season of 24?
    23.56%
    16.35%
    15.87%
    13.94%
    30.29%

ReputationRep:
    Haven't seen Tony for a good few eps now... Hmm...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we need some Tony scenes soon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a little concerned...

Something fishy's going on with Tony.

These next few episodes (~8-about 12) always seem to throw the whole day right open, so I am very very excited as to what is going to happen!!

ReputationRep:
    If Tony turns out to actually be a bad guy I will be SO angry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Draconis)
    If Tony turns out to actually be a bad guy I will be SO angry.
    I'm not sure he will, but I don't think he'll be too cool with working with the Government.

He doesn't seem quite right still about what happened to him and Michelle, etc. For good reason, too!

I can see him and Jack going renegade at some point..

The worst thing they could do would be to make him a twin of Tony, or a fake Tony or some crap like that! :redface:

My brother is predicting the death of Bill though, for which I would be absolutely devestated.

How do we feel about the possibility of Kim returning this season? Has she not been mauled by a cougar yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    I'm not sure he will, but I don't think he'll be too cool with working with the Government.

He doesn't seem quite right still about what happened to him and Michelle, etc. For good reason, too!

I can see him and Jack going renegade at some point..

The worst thing they could do would be to make him a twin of Tony, or a fake Tony or some crap like that! :redface:

My brother is predicting the death of Bill though, for which I would be absolutely devestated.

How do we feel about the possibility of Kim returning this season? Has she not been mauled by a cougar yet?
    Hahaha, twin or fake Tony :cool:
    If Bill dies I'll be soo dissapointed..
    I think it would be good for Kim to come back for some sort of reunion with Jack. Everyone keeps saying he drives everybody who cares for him away.. Would be nice to prove that wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, twin or fake Tony :cool:
    If Bill dies I'll be soo dissapointed..
    I think it would be good for Kim to come back for some sort of reunion with Jack. Everyone keeps saying he drives everybody who cares for him away.. Would be nice to prove that wrong.
    Yeah I think that's where the series is going.
    I finished season 6 yesterday. Epic finale was epic. I really really loved it.

But I was thinking about the themes and the 'arcs' the series takes throughout.

For example...

Seasons 1-3 - Jack doing the job for CTU/fighting for his family: Jack is fighting purely on principle, and his main focus in life is his family. Kim gets kidnapped a lot, the cougar incident, etc. At the end of 3, Jack lets Kim go with Chase and almost acknowledges the 'grown up'-ness of his daugher.

Seasons 4-6 - Jack ends up involved in CTU even when trying to leave it: Jack is trying to regain his life back. He starts working for the Defence Secretary, and we see how that ends up. He fakes his death but has to return. He comes back from China and tries to leave with Audrey before realising that he is locked in this endless spiral of combat and pain. Also, in this little arc, we can see Jack slip further and further off protocol as he becomes more desperate.

So where will the rest go? Redemption for all that he's done? I think there will be some sort of culmination of everything, ie Jack's death?, but with it will come reconciliation, etc.

I really really don't want him riding off into the sunset at the end of the last series. Jack is a machine. He would never be able to escape this lifestyle.

Sacrificing himself having made up with Kim + awesome season 7 glasses + man purse + cigar please! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think that's where the series is going.
    I finished season 6 yesterday. Epic finale was epic. I really really loved it.

But I was thinking about the themes and the 'arcs' the series takes throughout.

For example...

Seasons 1-3 - Jack doing the job for CTU/fighting for his family: Jack is fighting purely on principle, and his main focus in life is his family. Kim gets kidnapped a lot, the cougar incident, etc. At the end of 3, Jack lets Kim go with Chase and almost acknowledges the 'grown up'-ness of his daugher.

Seasons 4-6 - Jack ends up involved in CTU even when trying to leave it: Jack is trying to regain his life back. He starts working for the Defence Secretary, and we see how that ends up. He fakes his death but has to return. He comes back from China and tries to leave with Audrey before realising that he is locked in this endless spiral of combat and pain. Also, in this little arc, we can see Jack slip further and further off protocol as he becomes more desperate.

So where will the rest go? Redemption for all that he's done? I think there will be some sort of culmination of everything, ie Jack's death?, but with it will come reconciliation, etc.

I really really don't want him riding off into the sunset at the end of the last series. Jack is a machine. He would never be able to escape this lifestyle.

Sacrificing himself having made up with Kim + awesome season 7 glasses + man purse + cigar please! :cool:
    Kiefer has signed up for 8 seasons though, so season 7 won't be the last. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Kiefer has signed up for 8 seasons though, so season 7 won't be the last. :cool:
    Yeah, I read that somewhere...

So can we assume that 7 is a massive great buildup to an epic season 8?

I'm gonna be at uni! Where can I watch it?! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be at uni! Where can I watch it?!
    Torrents? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for some Jack/Renee action next episode...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N6b5...e=channel_page

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for some Jack/Renee action next episode...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N6b5...e=channel_page
    Must...resist...watching....

ReputationRep:
    I didn't watch it! :proud:

Jack/Renee is just not right. She's way to young for him.

Mind you, I'm not a fan of Jack/Audrey either. Seems a little wrong after Terri.

Although, Jack/Chloe is obvious as hell, and I wish they'd just make it canon already :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Jack/Renee could be interesting considering Larry's feelings for Renee and his dislike of Jack :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    Jack/Renee could be interesting considering Larry's feelings for Renee and his dislike of Jack :p:
    That would be hilarious!

I'm not sure what I think of Larry... I think he's quite a funny character but I'm a little wary that they are trying to make him into a Mason/Chappelle amalgamation. And we all know Mason kicked ass.

I reckon he'll die anyways. He'll finally come round to 'underground CTU's' scheme and take a bullet for Renee or something.

Or he'll get killed by Jack. I haven't decided yet :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Well season 6 was by far the worst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemkule)
    Well season 6 was by far the worst.
    I reckon it was the worst, but I can't understand all the hate!

Sure, Josh Bauer was ****ing annoying, but I thought a lot of it was good. A bit slow in places and a bit unbelievable at times, but I thought the action was good and some of the characters were really strong again (namely Jack, Chloe, Bill, Morris and Noah Daniels)

On the other hand, I think they could have done a little more with Jack post-China. The first couple of episodes he struggled to get back into it, but then he just seemed to click back into place. But unbelievable given what he had obviously gone through.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it was the worst, but I can't understand all the hate!

Sure, Josh Bauer was ****ing annoying, but I thought a lot of it was good. A bit slow in places and a bit unbelievable at times, but I thought the action was good and some of the characters were really strong again (namely Jack, Chloe, Bill, Morris and Noah Daniels)

On the other hand, I think they could have done a little more with Jack post-China. The first couple of episodes he struggled to get back into it, but then he just seemed to click back into place. But unbelievable given what he had obviously gone through.
    I just thought the last episode was really boring and predictable. It lacked the usual excitement that the previous seasons had.

Enjoying season 7 so far though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Must...resist...watching....
    Ah, it's just a preview for the next episode. Being sent in the US as we speak

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I thought season 6 was the worst, but I couldn't really pinpoint it Often I just thought, "oh, not this again". Also, I didn't think the first 4 special episode airing was that good. If they didn't kill off Curtis it would have been pretty disappointing imo. Also the whole family stuff was a bit over the top I thought; I think someone was even joking about Nina Myers' sister taking revenge? :p:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.