The 24 Thread watch

• View Poll Results: Best season of 24?
    23.56%
    16.35%
    15.87%
    13.94%
    30.29%

ReputationRep:
    Read another interview with Executive Producer Howard Gordon. We get a little secret about season 8 and where it's going to be set... do not read if you don't want to know!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Have you figured out the broad strokes of Season 8?

Yes we have a direction and we have a first script we like, and we’ll see. The big news about next year is we’re reconstituting CTU and that requires some
    explanation. Here’s the thing, I think we found something that is taking the story forward that we’ve told so far this year, so we’re satisfied with the direction we’ve chosen for Season 8, which is a hell of a lot better than last year, or two years ago when we started Season 7.

Will CTU be in Los Angeles?

No, but we haven’t announced yet where it will be just yet.

wtf? CTU?! That's how to take a step backwards... :rolleyes: It's no CTU without Bill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Read another interview with Executive Producer Howard Gordon. We get a little secret about season 8 and where it's going to be set... do not read if you don't want to know!

Spoiler:
    Show

Yes we have a direction and we have a first script we like, and we’ll see. The big news about next year is we’re reconstituting CTU and that requires some
    explanation. Here’s the thing, I think we found something that is taking the story forward that we’ve told so far this year, so we’re satisfied with the direction we’ve chosen for Season 8, which is a hell of a lot better than last year, or two years ago when we started Season 7.

wtf? CTU?! That's how to take a step backwards... :rolleyes: It's no CTU without Bill
    :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giran)
    :O
    That was my reaction.

Spoiler:
    Show
    What do we think? Good? Bad?

Personally I think it's an abomination :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    AAAAArgh, I just knew it would happen but couldn't face up to reality

Spoiler:
    Show
    What an ******** ...I was beginning to like the FBI whats-his-name guy :mad:

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    arrgghh, thats not the way to go, the FBI are cool, and DC is a great setting, CTU was closed for crimes against humainty, I'd like to see how they're going to get back into the storyline. I really hope it isn't back in LA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tim131)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    arrgghh, thats not the way to go, the FBI are cool, and DC is a great setting, CTU was closed for crimes against humainty, I'd like to see how they're going to get back into the storyline. I really hope it isn't back in LA
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I totally agree with you. The talk is of CTU New York. For me, that would be too cheesy and too cheap.

Although the rate they are wasting characters this year suggests that a move may well be needed as there will be none of them left!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giran)
    Spoiler:
    Show

True indeed, I hope the finale will be worth it.
    I'm guessing it will be a double episode too!
    Finale will be double, yes.

Spoiler:
    Show
    What the hell?! This is why I love 24. :love:
    I think they should bring out Chloe soon though.

ReputationRep:
    Season 8 location:

Spoiler:
    Show
    http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/exclusive-24-mo.html

CTU New York :indiff:

This sucks. Too many brand new characters. No Bill. No Michelle. We have no idea what the hell is going on with Tony and Chloe has a kid!

Either they pull some endearing new characters out of their arses, or we could see Kim back on the computers at CTU...

Chase anyone?

I loved this year too. It's worked really well, and I was a total no-CTU sceptic.

And we know how bad New York traffic is! Don't think they can justify Jack getting from one end of the city to another in an advert break like they do with LA.

UN is clearly going to be involved.

ReputationRep:
    WTF just happened :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy90)
    WTF just happened :O
    I know!! Not impressed.

ReputationRep:
    Which episode are you guys talking about?

ReputationRep:
    J.E.S.H.U.S. C.HRIST.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking it's this evening's rather shocking ending... Episode 18 is it?

ReputationRep:
    The one that's just been on Sky one tonight, 1:00 a.m.-2:00 a.m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    Which episode are you guys talking about?
    I'm assuming last weeks episode (Fox pace)

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking it's this evening's rather shocking ending... Episode 18 is it?
    Huge understatement, bloody hell, Im still not over it, christ, I thought he'd changed!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bourney)
    Huge understatement, bloody hell, Im still not over it, christ, I thought he'd changed!!!!!!!!
    Aw I know I was gutted!! But I'm hoping that he didn't really do it - I must say it was a pretty feeble job!!

ReputationRep:
    He's gone. :yep: I don't see how they could do a U-turn on that.

ReputationRep:
    Probably a fair point. But he was barely covering his nose so you never know :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember it all that well from last week but I remember gunshot wounds added to the mix. He was tough....but no Jack Bauer :awesome:

**goes off to check**

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2015
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.