• View Poll Results: Best season of 24?
    23.56%
    16.35%
    15.87%
    13.94%
    30.29%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeliWolf)
    Anyone a fan of 24? Considering that there's a new season (8, set in New York City) starting January 17th I'm going though all seven seasons and Redemption to get caught up.

What's your favourite season, character, scene?
    :yep: It's a fantastic show, and I'm looking forward to the new season with huge anticipation. I was going to give it a few more days before bumping the big 24 thread back up, but this should be merged with it shortly to save me from doing so.

In the meantime: clicky. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I only got into 24 a few weeks ago, but I'm loving it already. Have seen season 1 and am about halfway through season 2. Doubt I'm going to catch up in time for the new season on Sky1 but I'll watch it anyway - the NYC setting is very promising.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone a fan of 24? Considering that there's a new season (8, set in New York City) starting January 17th I'm going though all seven seasons and Redemption to get caught up.

What's your favourite season, character, scene?
    You've got to be kidding...just read the plot on the internet or something. That's such a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember it that well lol, although I've seen all 7 seasons. Best one is season 5 I recon, when some nerve gas is released into CTU. Season 7 is a bit ****.

Tip: don't watch season 8 until the entire series has finished. Then watch the lot back-to-back over 1-2 days.

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't seen the wire and are considering to buy a different series you deserve to be hung and mauled by a leopard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOLMAN)
    If you haven't seen the wire and are considering to buy a different series you deserve to be hung and mauled by a leopard
    I agree. The Wire is quite clearly the greatest drama series ever made (just ahead of The Sopranos). But that's a different subject, and 24 does have its own unique charms.

24 is possibly one of the most exiciting,tense filled shows I have ever watched.
    When I saw the advert for the new series I had to bust out the old boxsets and over the xmas I had 24 marathon.
    My favorite season is probably series 2 with the nuclear explosion one. The David Palmer era for me was the best though series 7 was pretty special.
    I do think Obama learnt everything he knows of David Palmer,in fact for the next election I think Dennis Haysbert should run for President in the Character of DP.

ReputationRep:
    24 is my favourite tv show ever, its fantastic! Its so fast paced and when you think its all over there is just another twist. My favourite season is the 3rd one, though the 1st one is a close second! Favourite character is obviously Jack Bauer and there are too many favourite scenes to name, though the later episodes of season three were just amazing with the illness! Season 7 was great too, the 6th one was not on par with the rest and it seemed that whilst they were still making a good show (don't get me wrong, I was still hooked during the whole of the 6th season) it just didn't have the same shocks and twists and stuff that the others had had and I thought that maybe that would be it but then the 7th one appeared with something compleatly different from the rest which had you guessing what was going to happen, who was on which side and kept you waiting all week for the next episode. Seriously, I love this programe and can't wait for the next series!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going though all seven seasons (again) in time for the premiere on Fox and I'm currently on season four.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhokes)
    I'm going though all seven seasons (again) in time for the premiere on Fox and I'm currently on season four.
    Good luck with that! I take it that you don't have much else going on this week if about 50% of your time is going to be spent with 24! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Was going to go all seasons too, but those pesky end of semester exams Will be watching the new showings though, can't wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Good luck with that! I take it that you don't have much else going on this week if about 50% of your time is going to be spent with 24! :p:
    Ahaha, I do. I'll probably watch the four hour premiere and then go back to "catching up".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhokes)
    Ahaha, I do. I'll probably watch the four hour premiere and then go back to "catching up".
    Four-hour première? Why didn't I know about this before? :facepalm2:

*Checks FOX website* They're showing four episodes in two days?! That makes me even more excited for next weekend! :excited:

ReputationRep:
    I'm soooooooooo excited for the new series!!

Cannot wait for a four hour dose of Jack Bauer!! :yep:

(Original post by Illusionary)
    Four-hour première? Why didn't I know about this before? :facepalm2:

*Checks FOX website* They're showing four episodes in two days?! That makes me even more excited for next weekend! :excited:
    Oh my god the prospect of a four hour premiere is making the return of the Bauer even more mouthwatering:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    So glad I found this thread I'm ridiculously excited for Day 8. Not long to go now!

I'd say after Jack, my favourite recent character is definitely Renee. She's just fierce. :P Can't wait to see what happens with her this season...

ReputationRep:
    Either Almeida or George Mason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yahweh)
    You've got to be kidding...just read the plot on the internet or something. That's such a waste of time.
    Oh yeah sure, just under 7 days of great television, big waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah sure, just under 7 days of great television, big waste of time.
    get a job

ReputationRep:
    I have a job, I'm just aware of a little something called "the evening".

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.