The Student Room Group

The 24 Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm watching at US pace b/c Sky Player is being a bitch for me and won't let me watch anything :frown:

Anyway, just to say that for me, Jack and Renee are really holding this season together. :biggrin: Especially Renee. Christ, I love that girl.
I'm strangely disinterested in the other plots (not sure why), but then again it's fun watching how they're slowly tying together. I'd say at the moment the subplot I'm interested in most is with the Russians. I'd like to see more of David Anders over the season, too. :smile:
Reply 1901
US Pace

My opinion on the current season:

Spoiler

dhokes
US Pace

My opinion on the current season:

Spoiler

US Pace also, you're quite right.

Spoiler

Newest US episode

Spoiler

^ Agree with the above. Episode was better than last week.
It's good to see that the show is still getting a following, even if the new season isn't as good (yet!) as some of the previous ones. I'm certainly still enjoying it - it's going to take a lot to stop me from enjoying 24. Again, agreed that it looks like it's picking up again now (US pace). Maybe it will be the opposite of last season, so that while there's a weaker start the ending becomes very strong (we can hope!).
Illusionary
It's good to see that the show is still getting a following, even if the new season isn't as good (yet!) as some of the previous ones. I'm certainly still enjoying it - it's going to take a lot to stop me from enjoying 24. Again, agreed that it looks like it's picking up again now (US pace). Maybe it will be the opposite of last season, so that while there's a weaker start the ending becomes very strong (we can hope!).

Yes, are you following it on Sky1 or downloading?
Have they stopped showing two episodes per night on sundays now?
Jakko247
Yes, are you following it on Sky1 or downloading?
Have they stopped showing two episodes per night on sundays now?

The two episodes at once were a one-off to launch the season. It was four episodes together, in fact - two on Sunday, two on Monday. And I'm at US pace. :smile:
Illusionary
The two episodes at once were a one-off to launch the season. It was four episodes together, in fact - two on Sunday, two on Monday. And I'm at US pace. :smile:

Great. What episode number is that if I may ask?
They were just hauling Jack off through what appeared to look like a drainage sewer in the last episode I saw.

I liked the way they used a feature 'film' (Redemption) to prelude the last season, I am glad they're making a film about it situated in Europe, that should be interesting - I really hope this isn't the last season, has that been announced at all, or is it just roumers?
Jakko247
I liked the way they used a feature 'film' (Redemption) to prelude the last season, I am glad they're making a film about it situated in Europe, that should be interesting - I really hope this isn't the last season, has that been announced at all, or is it just roumers?

US pace is episode eight (aired on Monday); Sky is on episode seven, AFAIK; certainly I think that's the one that you've described. A tip, though - be very careful what you post without using [noparse][/noparse] tags in this thread.

The last I'd heard about how long 24 was going to continue for was that, before season seven, two more were known to be planned (i.e., seven and eight). I've not heard anything definite since then, though. I'll admit that I wasn't particularly keen on Redemption, but I'll still be watching this new 24 film when it's released. :biggrin:
Redemption was just episodes episodes to make it a 26 seasonor. they hsoudl have just used the amterial in the normal season to prevent the poorer bits towards the end of te season
Clubber Lang
Redemption was just episodes episodes to make it a 26 seasonor. they hsoudl have just used the amterial in the normal season to prevent the poorer bits towards the end of te season

Has someone been drinking? :p:

Yeah, remember there was the writers strike too. So while Redemption was meant to set up season 7, it was also meant to make people 'remember' 24 a couple of months before the season started in order to make sure everyone realises it's on and actually watches it.

Plus, 6 dropped off in ratings towards the end so they had to pull the viewers back. Redemption did that.
Jakko247
They were just hauling Jack off through what appeared to look like a drainage sewer in the last episode I saw.

FOX are still debating whether toorder a ninth season, I hope they do to be perfectly honest, I'm not ready to say goodbye to Jack.
*Bauer unarmed against guard* - "son, you better put that down, otherwise you're gonna get hurt"

:rofl:
US pace

Spoiler

I was going to write my thoughts on US Pace this morning but decided it isn't worth it. 24 has gone down the pan...hope it recovers soon.

Hmmm I now wish....

Spoiler

^ I know I'm tripping but that was 50 minutes of my life wasted.
Reply 1918
My favourite parts of the last US episode were:

Spoiler

Newest US episode

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest