• View Poll Results: Best season of 24?
    23.56%
    16.35%
    15.87%
    13.94%
    30.29%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primaverasnap)
    Brillliant double episode Does that mean there's no 24 next week btw?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Cannot believe Hassan got the silent clock at the end of the episode!
    :nah: Still on next week: http://www.fox.com/schedule.htm#week:2010-04-11

ReputationRep:
    My ex told me to watch this, so i started watching series one two days ago, and I've just finished watching it. :eek: It's amazing and I was addicted from the very first episode. On to series two I think

Although, the last episode did make me cry :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    My ex told me to watch this, so i started watching series one two days ago, and I've just finished watching it. :eek: It's amazing and I was addicted from the very first episode. On to series two I think

:hello: Welcome to the thread!

Yep, season one is still superb, but there's more great stuff to come from later seasons. You'll find that a common theme is that there's always something unfinished at the end of each season...

ReputationRep:

I'm jealous of people who can watch it having not seen it before :sad:

Enjoy! You're in for quite a ride!

Season 4 is probably my favourite, followed by 1, but tbh seasons 1-5 are all outstanding television.

And I hope you hate Nina as much as I do.

ReputationRep:
    None of them really beat season 1 for the 24 hours urgency feeling bit the first half of season 2 probably is where the show peaks IMO - there is one scene which is particularly brilliant in episode 14 or so IIRC.

Plus you have to bear in mind what was happening in real life when those eps were on.

ReputationRep:
    I remember when I first watched 24 season 1... It was being shown on BBC, every Friday night, double episode. Then I just bought the boxset for the first four seasons after that since they stopped showing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    I remember when I first watched 24 season 1... It was being shown on BBC, every Friday night, double episode. Then I just bought the boxset for the first four seasons after that since they stopped showing it
    :sadnod: The wait for the box set was almost unbearable for the first few seasons after season one! I'm struggling to recall what that interview show after each episode was called, but I even remember that quite fondly. :p:

ReputationRep:
    24 inside or insider? Might be thinking of another TV show though...

Edit: But I hated the fact that the pics on the DVDs would sometimes spoil "certain characters" returning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    24 inside or insider? Might be thinking of another TV show though...

Edit: But I hated the fact that the pics on the DVDs would sometimes spoil "certain characters" returning!
    Got it... "Pure 24"

http://www.tv.com/pure-24/show/21317/summary.html

This was quite helpful: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.bbc.co.uk/24/ :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh... That show! Nice find!

ReputationRep:
    I just got paid, so I bought the 1-7 boxset :giggle: It's not like I needed that money to get my car serviced or anything :p: Plus i'd rather watch it in really good quality on my tv rather than on my crappy laptop downloads from the internet.

ReputationRep:
    I just got paid, so I bought the 1-7 boxset :giggle: It's not like I needed that money to get my car serviced or anything :p: Plus i'd rather watch it in really good quality on my tv rather than on my crappy laptop downloads from the internet.
    That should keep you busy for a while! :p: Enjoy, as there's some fantastic viewing in there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    That should keep you busy for a while! :p: Enjoy, as there's some fantastic viewing in there!
    Haha thanks I will try not to watch it all in one go.

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks I will try not to watch it all in one go.
    Marathons can be the best way to watch 24, though you need a lot of free time! :p: I think the most I've managed is three episodes in a row.

Season eight... I'm now caught up with US pace episodes and it's really getting good again. I'm struggling to see where it's going to go from here, though that could mean another interesting twist coming soon... :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely amazing episode

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hassan dying, his wife trying to become acting President, Logan coming back, Chloe becoming CTU head, Renee getting taken out....Wow! I hope Jack goes on the whole avenged super bad-ass route. This is why I loved 24! Can't wait til next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haft_Hasht_Shish)
    Absolutely amazing episode

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hassan dying, his wife trying to become acting President, Logan coming back, Chloe becoming CTU head, Renee getting taken out....Wow! I hope Jack goes on the whole avenged super bad-ass route. This is why I loved 24! Can't wait til next week.
    Agreed

Spoiler:
    Show
    I wanna see some Jack rage. Some MEGA Jack rage.

And Logan is up to something very creepy indeed. Why does he know so much?

So long as it's not a 'The Russians were behind everything that's ever happened in 24', I can't see me not enjoying the run in

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like I should have something to look forward to this evening, then!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Wow! I'm with ^^. I really hope Jack becomes super-mega-mad Jack and goes on a rampage! 'I don't want revenge, I want justice' :hmm: How awesome would that be.. Plus, :cry: at Renee. I was expecting someone close to Jack dying, but didn't expect it to be Renee. But how ace is it that Chloe is leading CTU? Looking at next weeks promo: 'Bauer must be stopped..' :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It seemed action-less til near the end, but some significant things happened - Hassan's wife becoming leader, Chloe becoming HEAD OF CTU, the return of the slimiest 24 baddy ever (Logan) and Renee dying. 2 silent clocks in 2 hours... is that a record?

(Original post by Illusionary)
    Marathons can be the best way to watch 24, though you need a lot of free time! :p: I think the most I've managed is three episodes in a row.

Only 3 in a row....and you call yourself a 24 fan :p:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ok so I may not be the biggest S8 fan out there but that is twice it's managed to surprise me this season, usually being 24 I'm not really surprised but this season is different. I didn't expect Hassan to die last episode and I didn't expect Renee to die this episode either (I did think she may well die some point this season but not until right near the end). Anyway I love Logan so his return is a big plus, kind of hope he isn't bad really but his aide looks damn shifty. Also hopefully we get to see Psycho Jack....taken out the Drazens in S1 style Psycho Jack

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2015
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.