Prospective Clare Students!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
I take it you came to the glorious abode that is Castle End for your family meal at the beginning of term?
Yes, I did. Having just got used to my somewhat palatial set in Ashby, to go over to the Colony and see Castle end was a bit of a shock. Still, it'll be cheaper than my room this year, I hope :confused: Do you get network connections in Castle End rooms?

Yeah, everyone on my staircase really got into the whole dodgy 80s thing, it was great fun! Mind you, there are a scary number of guys in my year who enjoy dressing up in drag far too much and will do so at any opportunity :eek:
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Still, it'll be cheaper than my room this year, I hope
I was in Q1 (ensuite set, south facing) last year and that was 595 a term, this year castle end is 564... last year was such better value for money
Just glad I don't go to caius, don't think I could afford them

Do you get network connections in Castle End rooms?
Of course, all undergraduate rooms have network points, why do you think I chose Clare! I also happen to be on it at the moment!
Most rooms in the colony seem to be 100MBit, but there are some 10Mbit ones, though to be honest... 10MBit is still effing fast!

Yeah, everyone on my staircase really got into the whole dodgy 80s thing, it was great fun! Mind you, there are a scary number of guys in my year who enjoy dressing up in drag far too much and will do so at any opportunity :eek:
Well it beat my freshers' bop! I almost felt ashamed to not go in costume!
I'm not sure if the dressing up in drag thing is anything special about your year tbh, if you went to the panto you'll probably recall Andy (one of the hareem) and Rich (the mother). If it wasn't so damn funny it'd be very scary!

Alaric.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was in Q1 (ensuite set, south facing) last year and that was 595 a term, this year castle end is 564... last year was such better value for money
Just glad I don't go to caius, don't think I could afford them
Funny funny...i think that's where i stayed for interview!
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Funny funny...i think that's where i stayed for interview!
Was there a map on the pinboard or has the current resident taken it down?

Was a wicked room, there's a tunnel through a trapdoor in the bottom of one of the cupboards too!

Alaric.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Was a wicked room, there's a tunnel through a trapdoor in the bottom of one of the cupboards too!

Alaric.
Cool, there are actually tunnels down there? One of my friends has a trapdoor in the bottom of her wardrobe; we keep meaning to go down it but have never made it yet (usually everyone's too drunk by the end of whatever party we were meant to be doing it after)

My room is £660, which is more than anyone else in Mem from what I have heard, but it is really nice. Hmmm, Castle end is that expensive? But it's nasty! How much are Caius rents then?

Unfortunately I didn't get to go to the panto - various essays due in the following day meant that I was in the library those nights (yes, even on Thursday night, when everyone normal had already finished term!) Heard it was very good though, and not quite as disturbing as Miss Clare!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (265)
80.06%
Leave (66)
19.94%

Watched Threads