Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slingers)
    nebody else in Mendip? just means i'll have to move all my stuff out every term and sumhow fly it all home :hmmmm2:
    Hello! I'm in mendip, whats your room number? Mine is M2.18

By the way, you dont have to move out in the hols

ReputationRep:
    As Emily said, you don't have to move out of Mendip (Westwood) in the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    oh nice one! i was prob gettin confused with marlborough or something - another Mendip person! mine's M5.16, so i take it ur on the 2nd floor Em, and i'm on the 5th! i am looking forward to the big social kitchen group!!

ReputationRep:
    hehe yup second floor for me, well actually i think its technically the first! Hope there's a decent lift for you! Wouldnt fancy climbing 4 flights of stairs too often!

ReputationRep:
    Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no bloody email I'm starting to get paranoid that there's been no space for me and I have to live in one of the off-campus places, which would majorly suck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em1ly)
    hehe yup second floor for me, well actually i think its technically the first! Hope there's a decent lift for you! Wouldnt fancy climbing 4 flights of stairs too often!
    no lifts i think. there are in marl./sols though

ReputationRep:
    I've got no email yet either. I applied/confirmed on 01/06/05, according to my email inbox.

ReputationRep:
    Correct, there are no lifts.

I lived on the 5th Floor of Quarry last year (same thing as Mendip, corridors rather than stacked on top of each other) and the stairs start off being annoying, but you get used to them!

ReputationRep:
    I got westwood - mendip 04.08
    i assume its 4th floor room 8?
    applied for solsbury but didnt get it
    pretty happy with westwood though!

ReputationRep:
    Mendip too! M3.01. Dont wanna be right at the end of the corridor
    Shame none of us are on the same floor...

ReputationRep:
    wow loads of people in mendip thats cool - yeh tis a shame we're not on the same floor but hey the more the merrier - the stair's be good for us though esp when the ole beer guts begin to form if they havent already!
    wouldnt worry bout being at the end of the corridor - you'll probs get a slightly bigger room!

ReputationRep:
    i still havent heard, i only sent my reply slip off on friday due to the exam boards screwing up my results, but still, i want to know where i'm living!!

ReputationRep:
    ooh so many mendip people! So, we have people on second, third, fourth and fifth floors so far! Just awaiting a ground floor person now!

ReputationRep:
    lol - how the hell are we supposed to move all our junk in without a lift? especially 3rd/4th/5th floors!!! it'll be fine having stairs normally... keep u fit, but if wearing heels it could be a hazard (the room allocators are obviously male, tsk) - if u see someone barefooted/ wearing scruffy trainers with goin out clothes - runnin down the stairs, it'll be me lol...

i take it Mendip is mixed,non-smoking then, or does nebody know if it depends on the floor/corridor you're living in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slingers)
    i take it Mendip is mixed,non-smoking then, or does nebody know if it depends on the floor/corridor you're living in?
    I've applied for mixed, non-smoking, so the third floor of mendip is definately mixed non - smoking, so i assume its the same for the rest of mendip.

Is there one kitchen per floor?

ReputationRep:
    Still no email

ReputationRep:
    Is there one kitchen per floor?[/QUOTE]

i'm pretty sure there's two per floor - one slightly larger than the other so the kitchen groups are split into 1/3:2/3? does anybody else know is it roughly 13 ppl in a mendip kitchen group?

btw Amy, don't worry, they won't put you off-campus..first years are guaranteed the on-campus halls!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE]Still no email
    same here grrr

ReputationRep:
    There are 15 in one kitchen group (rooms 25-11) and 10 in another (rooms 1-10). This is the case for Quarry and Mendip. The group with 15 has a big kitchen and one small kitchen. The group with 10 just have a big kitchen.

All the rooms are smoking, there are no non-smoking sections of westwood as far as I know. However, smoking is banned anywhere anyone else is allowed, the kitchens for example. You'd never know if you lived with a smoker because they're only allowed to smoke in their rooms.

Also, first years do get put off campus, in the John Wood (or something like that) buildings in the town. The university only guarantees university accommodation, not being on the actual campus.

ReputationRep:
    i want my email dammit!!!!!!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.