Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tangoman444)
    i want my email dammit!!!!!!
    *sigh* Same here. Knowing my luck if I stop checking my emails so often it'll be there lol.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone accepted yet? I just tried to accept mine and it says pay by direct debit but the first payment is like over a grand and i dont have a grand in my account yet? so im worried that if i input my bank details they will try to take the money out and wont be able to! Also do they take the money out before you can request a room change? that seems a little odd if they do....

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't think so, direct debit is usually delayed for a couple of months while it's being set up, isn't it? are u going to use ur student loan to pay it off? i hope i get mine for october!

ReputationRep:
    You can put your details in now, the payments do not come out until after your student loan instalments.

At least they didn't last year, this year won't be any different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Opalfire)
    Has anyone accepted yet? I just tried to accept mine and it says pay by direct debit but the first payment is like over a grand and i dont have a grand in my account yet? so im worried that if i input my bank details they will try to take the money out and wont be able to! Also do they take the money out before you can request a room change? that seems a little odd if they do....
    Just get an overdraft ive sorted mine out from natwest. i feel like ive got an extra £1250

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm gonna be in Weswood (Mendip M5.02) Anyone near me?

ReputationRep:
    i heard someone say they were on the fifth floor aswell, have a look on the accomodation thread, if u havent already. Im on 3rd floor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louised33)
    Hi. I'm gonna be in Weswood (Mendip M5.02) Anyone near me?
    i'm in Westwood A - Conygre
    Conygre Y3.02

We're both in westwood so i guess that's pretty near? I originally wanted marlborough tho

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY got my accomodation.
    I'm in Westwood Conygre, room Y1.13

ReputationRep:
    i still haven't got mine :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Neither have I. They take their time...

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got mine yet either

ReputationRep:
    hmm.. so many undergrads still waiting for the accommodation emails. I thought you guys would be placed first hand.

I got my accomm.offer in mid August, even though I applied after July 1 (well, a geographic mistake at the faculty - they thought I was an international student and gave wrong directions, but later promised to sort the things out for me). ok, I haven't got what I wanted (Polden Court), but at least I'm informed.

good luck you guys in getting what you asked for!

ReputationRep:
    still havent heard, called the uni yesterday and aparantly it could take up to 10 days to sort it out

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Marlborough, didnt get into that but heard today i will be staying in Westwood B- Coswold, room T3.13, still en suite so cant really complain.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question too... these En Suite "Pods", what actually is a "pod"? How is it best described? Is it one of those bathrooms where the whole room is tiled and you walk in and there is a plug in the middle of the floor to allow everything to "slip" through... and the shower is on the wall.... so everything gets wet? obviosuly there is a toilet as well, but for them drunken nights/competitions etc ! (kidding) Is it worth bringing a pair of flip flops? :/

ReputationRep:
    haven't got mine as well, not even the acceptance letter, i emailed them and apparently they had sent it already, so i had to ask them to send it again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    Just a quick question too... these En Suite "Pods", what actually is a "pod"? How is it best described? Is it one of those bathrooms where the whole room is tiled and you walk in and there is a plug in the middle of the floor to allow everything to "slip" through... and the shower is on the wall.... so everything gets wet? obviosuly there is a toilet as well, but for them drunken nights/competitions etc ! (kidding) Is it worth bringing a pair of flip flops? :/
    tiny little thing with shower, toilet and sink.

sitting on the toilet you can probably touch all the walls (although not at teh same time).

things do get wet, but the shower is kinda in an enclave.

flipflops? yes!

ReputationRep:
    I still dont have mine either....AAAAAAAAAARGHHHH!!!!
    ok the people who have received their emails in the past few days have all been for westwood....
    does this mean that when i get mine i wont get westwood?
    lol, i swear i'm gonna end up leaving in a cardboard box next to one of the eastwood buildings..
    well at least i dont have a problem of losing my key.... :dong:

ReputationRep:
    it could be a very secure cardbaord box with fingerprint and retina checks? but for some reason i think that is highly unlikely

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.