Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Phew...my accomodation is finally sorted...i got my email on thursday...i'm Solsbury SD1.3

ReputationRep:
    At what time/date did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    July 1st...cant remember exact time though...some time in the morning

ReputationRep:
    Damn... I got Westwood, and I applied mid-morning on the 1st. Wanted Marlborough... so I think something's up with their accomodation allocation.

ReputationRep:
    I applied on first morning too, got Westwood in the end too.... maybe they offer the expensive stuff to people who achieved better than their offer grades... ie i got ABB needed AAB, so they may give it to people who got say AAA? :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    I applied on first morning too, got Westwood in the end too.... maybe they offer the expensive stuff to people who achieved better than their offer grades... ie i got ABB needed AAB, so they may give it to people who got say AAA? :-/
    they may jst throw a dice........honestly, they r a bit pants

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe it is done on location... further you come, the better the chance of getting "the good stuff", i live so close there would be no chance of me getting it if that was the case...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    Or maybe it is done on location... further you come, the better the chance of getting "the good stuff", i live so close there would be no chance of me getting it if that was the case...
    lol, u may get a letter saying that ur accomodation is 'Home'
    would watford be considered far?..........<tish ponders>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tishysquishy)
    they may jst throw a dice........honestly, they r a bit pants
    lol, i wouldn't be surprised!

ReputationRep:
    Its about an hour away so who knows! If my Westwood room is that bad i will just stay at home and drive in , at least will be easy for me to get home at weekends.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I've now received my offer and I'm in Eastwood E37.09, anyone near me?

ReputationRep:
    I applied first thing on the first day for malborough and live near liverpool and i'm in Quarry R2.10. Also i did better in my grades then my offer. so i don't think either affect the outcome.

Is anyone else in quarry? you all seem to be in mendip!!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I live quite close, less than an hour away I think.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think distance from home effects the accommodation offer either, I live 45 minutes down the road and got into my first choice. It wasn't Marl/Sols but Westwood though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    I don't think distance from home effects the accommodation offer either, I live 45 minutes down the road and got into my first choice. It wasn't Marl/Sols but Westwood though.
    where du live then? 45mins down the road, if u mean south i live just over an hour down the road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_perry)
    where du live then? 45mins down the road, if u mean south i live just over an hour down the road.
    It is south of Bath, I live in Salisbury, Wiltshire. To get to Bath from my house, you literally get on some A road and follow it for 45 minutes!

ReputationRep:
    unlucky, mine was pulterny court PD34.2 (approximately),
    don't know if there are chances of transfering to others after arrival
    at school ?

ReputationRep:
    You can put forward a transfer request apparently, after 3rd Oct, but whether you'd actually get transfered, I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobychanin)
    I applied first thing on the first day for malborough and live near liverpool and i'm in Quarry R2.10. Also i did better in my grades then my offer. so i don't think either affect the outcome.

Is anyone else in quarry? you all seem to be in mendip!!
    Hey im in Quarry R2.20.... im guessin we'll be seeing each other around sometime!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jen333)
    I'm in E25.12 im guessin thats next door woo!!
    Hey neighbour lol thats cool wonder if it's just coincidence or if it's something to do with the course!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.