Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey neighbour lol thats cool wonder if it's just coincidence or if it's something to do with the course!
    don't know. could be handy for swapping notes etc!! i can't wait to go!!

ReputationRep:
    I still have not recieved my accomodation email. Should I be worried yet and when should I contact them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASW)
    I still have not recieved my accomodation email. Should I be worried yet and when should I contact them?
    I had to ring up today! I've apparently got in eastwood but theyre emailin me more details at the end of the wk etc. i applied to marl and sols. is eastwood bad?
    Anna xx

ReputationRep:
    i emailed them on thursday as i hadn't heard anything, then got an email from them with my accommodation offer on friday. i don't know whether it was because i'd emailed them or if it was just a coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    Did you actually send an email or did you just contact them through the accommodation enquiry part of the site? I'm not sure which to do.

ReputationRep:
    if i were you i would phone them! i emailled them about a week ago and they never replied but when i phoned them she said that she thought it had already been sent to me and i said it hadn't so she said i will email it again to you tomoro morning and she did! call the helpline, its only open between 3 and 5.20 tho but at least u get an answer on the spot!

ReputationRep:
    FLINAL-BLOODY- LY!!!

i got westwood Quantock Q2.14.... but by the looks of things i'm all alone! lol

ReputationRep:
    Just got mine. I had to ring up, they said that they did not have an e-mail adress for me so i had to tell them again. I'm in westwood B Derhill D2.14. Anyone else in derhill. I'll see you there

ReputationRep:
    RE missing emails:
    went to bath uni today
    a batch of emails, mostly for people applying to marl/sols were not sent out
    you will get your email soon, dont worry if you miss the expiry date, thye know you're getting the letter late
    competition for marl/sols was very high and most people didn't get in. they reserve it for international students who have to pay more

i got into mendip M4.10 (same place as my dad did 30 years ago!)
    hi to any nextdoor neighbours
    had a look in my room - they're pretty small
    if you have a pod you need to bring a shower curtain
    it's pretty good because the cleaning lady said you can tak anything on the walls - they don't care if you trash the rooms
    also concrete walls means no-one can hear your loud music, even better, you can't hear theirs (which, sods law dicates, will be james blunt/spice girls/keane)

ReputationRep:
    A shower curtain eh? Will we need to bring the rail for it as well, or do they have those? I haven't seen the Westwood rooms yet.

ReputationRep:
    Is that any pod, or just the pods in Mendip?

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's all of them. They're probably all identical pods.

ReputationRep:
    i only saw the pods in mendip and yes they do have pegs

ReputationRep:
    Before i go out to buy my suitcase.....does anyone know if there is some sort of storage room to store our suitcases...or are we expected to fit 'em all underneath our beds.

ReputationRep:
    Suit Case? Arent you just gonna lob it all in the boot of the car? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Oh no...I'm an international student

ReputationRep:
    There are no storage rooms, put it under your bed.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone actually paid for their accomodation yet? I got the room offer confirmation, and pasted the link into my browser, but i havent been charged yet...

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen my bank statement yet, so I don't know. I don't think they will charge you until your student loan comes though though.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone in this position, me included, who still hasn't got their accommodation offer, i emailed them and

We are working hard to try and get all the allocations done by the beginning of next week.
    hope this helps.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.