The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*the inevitable* Pics or GTFO, you're 16 you shouldn't worry :h:
I thought you were going to say "penis"
Reply 3
OK, so it was 6 years ago, talking about mature women and using the average of 5'4", but does this help - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3616904.stm

What size is your hip measurement? If you are less than 40.5", that sound less than average...... (eat chocolate!)
Reply 4
Hey - actually.... 5'2"...... 27" waist.... you are that 1950's woman aren't you? Shame on you, pretending to be only 16 :wink:
Not Kim kardashians that's for sure!
jjackson18624
Not Kim kardashians that's for sure!

It just looks like it's too big for her frame. When I see a picture of her my eyes get drawn there and they won't stop staring.

(honestly no homo)

check the size of that :teeth:
cowsforsale

theres gotta be implants in that! theres a definate outline!
I<3LAMP
It just looks like it's too big for her frame. When I see a picture of her my eyes get drawn there and they won't stop staring.

(honestly no homo)

yeah, i think she (minus the butt) looks quite sophisticated, but with the butt in the picture it just instantly transforms her into a well-dressed tramp, which is frankly quite bizzar!
Reply 10
Absinth
What the heck? The average female waist is 34 inches? :s-smilie: And the average weight is 10 stone 3.5? I always thought the average was something like 8 stone.

You have to remember that most people in this country are decidedly fat.
Reply 11
bb193
OK, so it was 6 years ago, talking about mature women and using the average of 5'4", but does this help - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3616904.stm

What size is your hip measurement? If you are less than 40.5", that sound less than average...... (eat chocolate!)

bb193
Hey - actually.... 5'2"...... 27" waist.... you are that 1950's woman aren't you? Shame on you, pretending to be only 16 :wink:

Oh, how did you catch me! I'll go back to the kitchen :o: and all I eat is chocolate, haha.
Reply 12
Absinth
What the heck? The average female waist is 34 inches? :s-smilie: And the average weight is 10 stone 3.5? I always thought the average was something like 8 stone.

Yes, mad, isn't it? I don't know why women do it to themselves - they get all stressy about whether they are size 8,10 or 12 - when the average size is between 14 & 16. That isn't the largest size - that is just the average. There are plenty bigger than that, who are just above average and so are OK.

There is a massive industry devoted to making women feel like s**t - and they just take it, day after day. People don't just eat food or even (horror of horrors) enjoy food now - they have to 'have a relationship with food' - and often a pretty unhealthy one at that. To be honest, if it was in a family situation, it would be abuse - but because the whole of society coludes with it, somehow it is taken to be OK. As the father of 3 daughters, it scares me witless.
Reply 13
" 'bout 'YAY' " /thread.
Reply 14
Absinth

Dionysus
You have to remember that most people in this country are decidedly fat.

But the average in 1951 was 9 stone 10 - only about half a stone lighter (but 2 inches shorter) than now. That was straight after the 2nd World War, when the country was all but starved, rationing was still in place - nobody could say that the country was fat then.

So the people had been starved for years, and the average was 9 stone 10. Yet now we have an idea that the average is 8, and if we are more than that, we should be miserable. Crazy.
Divide your waist measurement by your hip size (around the buttocks) and if the number is <0.8 that is healthy.
By the way, the average female measurements have risen in the last 50 years from something like 36-27-38 to 39-33-41!
Reply 17
bb193
Yes, mad, isn't it? I don't know why women do it to themselves - they get all stressy about whether they are size 8,10 or 12 - when the average size is between 14 & 16. That isn't the largest size - that is just the average. There are plenty bigger than that, who are just above average and so are OK.

Just because something is average, doesn't make it OK.
OP your bum is most likely fine, i always worry about mine :P
cowsforsale

Ludacris. I'm actually a little bit disgusted.

Latest