What size is the 'average' bum? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mega Nerd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Okay, so I'm about 5'1 5'2, my weight varies from 7 1/2 st to 8, depending on the day. My waist is about 66-69cm, again varying on the day.

Is there a way to figure out what size my bum should be, 'cause in my opnion it's pretty massive.
Diaz89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
*the inevitable* Pics or GTFO, you're 16 you shouldn't worry
The-Real-One
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I thought you were going to say "penis"
bb193
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
OK, so it was 6 years ago, talking about mature women and using the average of 5'4", but does this help - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3616904.stm

What size is your hip measurement? If you are less than 40.5", that sound less than average...... (eat chocolate!)
bb193
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey - actually.... 5'2"...... 27" waist.... you are that 1950's woman aren't you? Shame on you, pretending to be only 16
jjackson18624
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not Kim kardashians that's for sure!
Lamptastic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jjackson18624)
Not Kim kardashians that's for sure!
It just looks like it's too big for her frame. When I see a picture of her my eyes get drawn there and they won't stop staring.

(honestly no homo)
cowsforsale
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

check the size of that :teeth:
jjackson18624
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cowsforsale)

theres gotta be implants in that! theres a definate outline!
jjackson18624
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by I<3LAMP)
It just looks like it's too big for her frame. When I see a picture of her my eyes get drawn there and they won't stop staring.

(honestly no homo)

yeah, i think she (minus the butt) looks quite sophisticated, but with the butt in the picture it just instantly transforms her into a well-dressed tramp, which is frankly quite bizzar!
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Absinth)
What the heck? The average female waist is 34 inches? And the average weight is 10 stone 3.5? I always thought the average was something like 8 stone.
You have to remember that most people in this country are decidedly fat.
Mega Nerd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by bb193)
OK, so it was 6 years ago, talking about mature women and using the average of 5'4", but does this help - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3616904.stm

What size is your hip measurement? If you are less than 40.5", that sound less than average...... (eat chocolate!)
(Original post by bb193)
Hey - actually.... 5'2"...... 27" waist.... you are that 1950's woman aren't you? Shame on you, pretending to be only 16
Oh, how did you catch me! I'll go back to the kitchen :o: and all I eat is chocolate, haha.
bb193
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What the heck? The average female waist is 34 inches? And the average weight is 10 stone 3.5? I always thought the average was something like 8 stone.
Yes, mad, isn't it? I don't know why women do it to themselves - they get all stressy about whether they are size 8,10 or 12 - when the average size is between 14 & 16. That isn't the largest size - that is just the average. There are plenty bigger than that, who are just above average and so are OK.

There is a massive industry devoted to making women feel like s**t - and they just take it, day after day. People don't just eat food or even (horror of horrors) enjoy food now - they have to 'have a relationship with food' - and often a pretty unhealthy one at that. To be honest, if it was in a family situation, it would be abuse - but because the whole of society coludes with it, somehow it is taken to be OK. As the father of 3 daughters, it scares me witless.
Ham22
Badges: 15
Report 9 years ago
" 'bout 'YAY' " /thread.
bb193
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Dionysus)
You have to remember that most people in this country are decidedly fat.
But the average in 1951 was 9 stone 10 - only about half a stone lighter (but 2 inches shorter) than now. That was straight after the 2nd World War, when the country was all but starved, rationing was still in place - nobody could say that the country was fat then.

So the people had been starved for years, and the average was 9 stone 10. Yet now we have an idea that the average is 8, and if we are more than that, we should be miserable. Crazy.
StressReliever
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Divide your waist measurement by your hip size (around the buttocks) and if the number is <0.8 that is healthy.
StressReliever
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
By the way, the average female measurements have risen in the last 50 years from something like 36-27-38 to 39-33-41!
Slumpy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bb193)
Yes, mad, isn't it? I don't know why women do it to themselves - they get all stressy about whether they are size 8,10 or 12 - when the average size is between 14 & 16. That isn't the largest size - that is just the average. There are plenty bigger than that, who are just above average and so are OK.
Just because something is average, doesn't make it OK.
CuteStar*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
OP your bum is most likely fine, i always worry about mine :P
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cowsforsale)

Ludacris. I'm actually a little bit disgusted.
X

Are cats selfish

Yes (122)
59.51%
No (83)
40.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise