This discussion is closed.
Michael Beaver
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Maybe somebody has already said this but I cant be bothered flicking through 7 pages to find out.

There is nothing more scary looking than a brunette who has died her hair blonde but still has really dark eye brows and roots. Even worse when she has got a little dark coloured mustache.

Anyway, blondes always have a head start over brunettes when it comes to men finding them attractive and if you haven't noticed this then you must be a minger.
grace
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
Maybe somebody has already said this but I cant be bothered flicking through 7 pages to find out.

There is nothing more scary looking than a brunette who has died her hair blonde but still has really dark eye brows and roots. Even worse when she has got a little dark coloured mustache.

Anyway, blondes always have a head start over brunettes when it comes to men finding them attractive and if you haven't noticed this then you must be a minger.
Lol, mustache?! ha ha, i don't think it would matter wat colour your hair was if you had a mustache! My brunette friends don't hav any trouble gettin guys either so i don't think it's fair to say that blondes have a head start. As for the mingin bit, well that's not really fair! Someone attached my pic on here i think they were tryin to take the mick?!(how i don't know...because i have highlights?!) I'v never really been called ugly b4 so....? But i guess it's all down to personal taste. Fair enough if i'm not your cup of tea.
coxtrust
Report 16 years ago
curryADD has one of the other attributes of Blondes; she is brave. She shook her modest Blonde hair at the person who now has powerful bleachlights where she used to have pleasant highlights.

Even with bleaching a Brunette is still a Brunette. These people should not be ASSUMING the name Blonde. They should answer to their own name. If they do not answer to their own name they cannot be censured.

It is well-known that Dumb "Blonde" jokes don't bother them, they just say "I'm not Blonde!". They need to be bothered by Dumb Bleached Brunette jokes. The millions of dumb jokes are, gasp, actually about them! When you voluntarily join a group with a high-profile bad reputation you should expect some naming, blaming and shaming. There are millions of jokes about Bleached Brunettes but they all use the wrong name so just change the name and administer some just desserts.

The light or dark fuzzy mustache thing is toooooo true. The Brunettes that are bleaching are so blinded by their spotlights that they think we can't see all the 5:00 shadow growth all over them.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You've already said you get loads of attention for being blonde. Can't you be happy with that? Just accept that some people prefer brunettes, and that not everyone worships you because of the colour of your hair.

I don't mean to sound nasty, but you really make it sound like these people have no business fancying brunettes and they should all think you're that most attractive woman in the world because you're blonde! If you're as attractive as you say you are, you wouldn't be threatened by this anyway.

Nine times out of 10, the most attractive woman in a movie is played by a blonde. The most popular pop stars are usually blonde. It's the norm these days. I think it's great that the guys on this forum give brunettes a bit of credit.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by coxtrust)
curryADD has one of the other attributes of Blondes; she is brave. She shook her modest Blonde hair at the person who now has powerful bleachlights where she used to have pleasant highlights.

Even with bleaching a Brunette is still a Brunette. These people should not be ASSUMING the name Blonde. They should answer to their own name. If they do not answer to their own name they cannot be censured.

It is well-known that Dumb "Blonde" jokes don't bother them, they just say "I'm not Blonde!". They need to be bothered by Dumb Bleached Brunette jokes. The millions of dumb jokes are, gasp, actually about them! When you voluntarily join a group with a high-profile bad reputation you should expect some naming, blaming and shaming. There are millions of jokes about Bleached Brunettes but they all use the wrong name so just change the name and administer some just desserts.

The light or dark fuzzy mustache thing is toooooo true. The Brunettes that are bleaching are so blinded by their spotlights that they think we can't see all the 5:00 shadow growth all over them.
dude, thanks.....

and trousers, dont ressurect old threads.......
Trousers
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
dude, thanks.....

and trousers, dont ressurect old threads.......
Sorry, didn't read the whole thread before replying. Duh.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by grace)
Why is it that so many guys on this forum are anti-blonde?! I mean fair enough if you PREFER brunette girls, but so many people are like "blonde doesn't do it for me, i don't like blondes" etc etc and as a blonde myself it's really starting to piss me off! Are all u telling me that you have never ever once been attracted to a blonde girl?! There are plenty of beautiful girls out there who just happen to be blonde!

Is it because most of the guys on this site are of a darker ethnicity and so have maybe cultural predisposition to brunettes, or wat?! Because most of the guys who i speak to all say that they prefer blondes (but at the same time they like brunettes, so it just goes to show that having a preference does not mean that you are anti-everything else).

It's just really bugging me, reading through posts and posts of guys saying that they don't like blondes. I'm not fussed that the general preference (on this site) seems to be brunnetes, however wtf, haven't you ever seen a pretty blonde?!
I am not anti anyone. But the point is that the stereotype is that blondes are more attractive, and people do not need to see to be conforming to this stereotype, but people feel the need to go against this.
I personally am not attracted by blondes particularly, but that isn't to say that i cannot appreciate when someone is attractive, and it also does not even imply that i would say otherwise.
And finally, any comments such as this are generalisations. And that means that they do not apply to everyone, just the same way that your comments do not.
Brunettebabe
Report 16 years ago
TO GRACE:
Grace honey first of all you seem very mad and disappointed to have found out that the rumor ''guys prefer blondes'' is not true. I actually think that you cried yourself to sleep after you have found out that most guys DO prefer brunettes. Of course the guys you date or know will tell you they prefer blondes because uhhhh you are ONE duh!!!!especially like you said you are the one who asks them that question. We don't always get what we want. I mean i might go out and date a blonde guy but if i had a choice I would prefer a dark blonde or a dark haired guy in a second. Guys don't mind doing chicks they dont actually find attractive. Guys are guys as long as they get some meat, they are fine. So get over it and always remember a HOT BRUNETTE will always beat out a HOT BLONDE :-)
Here is a tissue dont start crying again...
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That depends on the individual!

Totally uinfair to all the great looking girls out there! Ok im a blonde, always have been but I do have my dumb blonde moments, but why is there this negativety between us sisters? Where is the love girls?
kita
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
That depends on the individual!

Totally uinfair to all the great looking girls out there! Ok im a blonde, always have been but I do have my dumb blonde moments, but why is there this negativety between us sisters? Where is the love girls?
im a brunette and proud of it. I wouldnt want to be blonde, i get enough attention, never been called ugly and i have a perfect boyfriend, couldnt be happier. i dont see why you have to be blonde. All them blondes out there who seem to think youre better than brunettes, get over yourselfs and open your eyes. All those blondes who couldnt really care less about the colour of your hair and what it means - yay well done lol, you're normal like the rest of us
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
All them blondes out there who seem to think youre better than brunettes, get over yourselfs and open your eyes.
I hope you dont think thats what i meant! Totally the opposite!
kita
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
I hope you dont think thats what i meant! Totally the opposite!
Thne you count as the other category lol
Anu
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by grace)
Why is it that so many guys on this forum are anti-blonde?! I mean fair enough if you PREFER brunette girls, but so many people are like "blonde doesn't do it for me, i don't like blondes" etc etc and as a blonde myself it's really starting to piss me off! Are all u telling me that you have never ever once been attracted to a blonde girl?! There are plenty of beautiful girls out there who just happen to be blonde!

Is it because most of the guys on this site are of a darker ethnicity and so have maybe cultural predisposition to brunettes, or wat?! Because most of the guys who i speak to all say that they prefer blondes (but at the same time they like brunettes, so it just goes to show that having a preference does not mean that you are anti-everything else).

It's just really bugging me, reading through posts and posts of guys saying that they don't like blondes. I'm not fussed that the general preference (on this site) seems to be brunnetes, however wtf, haven't you ever seen a pretty blonde?!

Each to their own. You cant influence another person...if thats what they prefer, thats what they prefer. get over yourself.
coxtrust
Report 16 years ago
Did you know that 59% of American Brunettes now bleach their hair? Did you know that 40% of them are fully bleached?

Sure, a lot of sleazy guys prefer Bleached Brunettes, but they prefer them bleached because that is the signal that says cheap, easy, stupid and disposable.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.16%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (47)
13.58%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (128)
36.99%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (35)
10.12%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
5.49%

Watched Threads