This discussion is closed.
Chocolate_Cake
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
my teacher told me that i could get aqa as biology past papers off the website however i cannot find any my exam is next thursday am so i need all the practise myself

also u know for a non reducing sugar food test it says
1) use benedicts solution is the result add etc what is negative does it mean that the coloud does not change from blue to brick red ppt?
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chocolate_Cake)
my teacher told me that i could get aqa as biology past papers off the website however i cannot find any my exam is next thursday am so i need all the practise myself

1) use benedicts solution is the result add etc what is negative does it mean that the coloud does not change from blue to brick red ppt?

Can't help with the papers I'm afraid. For the reducing sugars test, a negative result would be if the colour of the solution remained blue - was that what you were getting at?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/bioB_assess.html

Here for exam materials.
ƒlå®è®
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chocolate_Cake)

Yes you do the first test for reducing sugar (i.e add benedicts solution > heat > and a red precipitate formed) if it is a non reducing sugar you have to boil the substance with acid and then add the alkaline solution then carry out the usual benedicts solution test, if there is a sugar present their will be a red precipitate formed, if there is no sugar whatsoever then the solution will remain blue.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (39)
8.18%
Confident (65)
13.63%
Indifferent (66)
13.84%
Unsure (119)
24.95%
Worried (188)
39.41%

Watched Threads