The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Heathfield or Belmont flats?

Hi, can't decide between these 2 for first choice... can anyone help? Anyone got other pics other than those on the website... ie of heathfield interior?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The interiors of the two are virtually identical. Heathfield is slightly newer, but you can't really tell to be honest. The main difference is location - Belmont is slightly more central on campus whereas Heathfield is further back from the union etc. I'm in Belmont on the side facing the tennis courts and it can be very noisy, you have to get used to the noise of people walking past your window every night at 3am, and being on the ground floor there's always people banging on the windows and sitting on the grass having their lunch two metres from your room etc. I would go for Heathfield as first choice if I were you, but at the end of the day they're equally good and you'll enjoy yourself wherever you are :smile:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
There's no difference!! Heathfield is slightly newer but that's only because the building took ages. They were meant to be finished at the same time! The insides are identical.

Belmont is about 30seconds closer to the union and I guess you will get more people walking past it on busy nights but I never had any problems with noise living there.
Reply 3
thanks everyone :smile:
heathfield is where the party's at.
Reply 5
TheJeebs
heathfield is where the party's at.

Does this mean it's really lively? Are other halls quieter?
Reply 6
jupitersax
Does this mean it's really lively? Are other halls quieter?

Heathfield and belmont are roughly the same in terms of liveliness! Old Seabraes is probably the noisiest.
Reply 7
I put heathfield as first choice and got a latter about it today? any other fresher dentists staying there?
Hey :smile: I'm staying in Heathfeild as well what flat are you in? I'm doing Social Work :smile:
Reply 9
I too am studying social work and have got my room in heathfield, see you there :smile: x
Trina19
I too am studying social work and have got my room in heathfield, see you there :smile: x

Hey :smile: What flat are you in?? i'm in 34 :biggrin: is it a Conditional or Unconditinal you've got? x
Reply 11
I think I'm flat 30? maybe 31? I'll need to check lol -conditional offer
Reply 12
I think it said there were only 3 rooms in the flat, but I thought i read 6 on the website...?
jupitersax
I think I'm flat 30? maybe 31? I'll need to check lol -conditional offer

Well either way, we will be close by :smile: Nah all Heathfeild are 6 rooms. U will be in either flat 30 or 31 but in Room 3! Room 3 will be you room number thats yours for the year!!

Ah thats cool so are you doing a college course or School? Where are you moving from?

:smile:
Reply 14
I'm in upper sixth at a grammar school in Northern Ireland
Reply 15
Lornalou2005
Well either way, we will be close by :smile: Nah all Heathfeild are 6 rooms. U will be in either flat 30 or 31 but in Room 3! Room 3 will be you room number thats yours for the year!!

Ah thats cool so are you doing a college course or School? Where are you moving from?

:smile:

I'm in upper sixth at a grammar school in Northern Ireland - how about you? I've just discovered 'the hub', alternative independent accom just off campus on hillhawk road - looks kinda good too!
Reply 16
Anyone got flat 30 in heathfield accommodation?
Reply 17
Lornalou2005
Hey :smile: I'm staying in Heathfeild as well what flat are you in? I'm doing Social Work :smile:

oh oh im doing social work as well :smile:
leeseleese
oh oh im doing social work as well :smile:

cool. theres a few of us on Facebook doing social work and on Yougo!
seems to be a lovely lil class we are going into. where are you moving from? is it far? what kind of offer were you given, conditional or unconditional? :smile:
Reply 19
hey :smile: you guys got your applications in really early! i only just got mine today :/ put heathfiled for my first choice. do u think its really late and i wont get a room there coz its really popular? :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending