Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    I fit in that description. I spent the first week of the Christmas holidays working hard on my Maths so that I can get that A I desperately need for my P2 exam in January. I have wasted the last couple of days doing nothing but just sit there in silence and saying how boring it is. Funny thing is that when I'm going to sleep, I then feel like revising and working. I then wake up the next day and be lazy all day again. I need to sort this out. Otherwise, I won't get the As I need! I have even tried spreading my work on the desk in front of me to save my energy but I still just sit there and do something like watch TV instead!

I watched Eastenders yesterday but boring Barry on again.... Btw, when was the kiss between Zoe and Kelly? Can't believe I missed that! Or was it not worth it? Guess I'll have to wait until Sunday then...
    hehe They were both 'scared' so they thought they'd have a bit of a kiss and cuddle...I'm sure one of them will actually turn out to be a lesbian to make it as complicated as possible...

AS to work - my desk is piled sky-high with books and pads, in fact there's a pile for A Level, I think, all 50 (it seems) of 'em

I enjoy working and writing and stuff, once I get going, but I just can't seem to find the impetus.

ReputationRep:
    For my GCSEs, I did 2 hours revision a week from January 2003 to April 2003, then I did 2 hours a day in the February half term and Spring holidays, coupled with 2 hours each day I had off for exam leave. I also had 1 hour a week Maths tuition, upped to 1 1/2 hours a week in the holidays. All in all I revised over 120 hours for my GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchie_rox)
    yea, intelligence AND self motivation dont go together! i think ya either work hard, and become intelligent, or you just have it, therefore dont have to work hard, and therefore (too many therefores?) people resent you...well, thats my experience!

ps... is barry dead?
    I thin kso - he did the dramatic lose-all-muscle-power-and-close-eyes-thing at the end, so...I know the actor has left the series so things tend to yes...

hehe I don't have to work hard if I work, but I'm not working at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    For my GCSEs, I did 2 hours revision a week from January 2003 to April 2003, then I did 2 hours a day in the February half term and Spring holidays, coupled with 2 hours each day I had off for exam leave. I also had 1 hour a week Maths tuition, upped to 1 1/2 hours a week in the holidays. All in all I revised over 120 hours for my GCSEs.
    Thats a lot of revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobias)
    I thin kso - he did the dramatic lose-all-muscle-power-and-close-eyes-thing at the end, so...I know the actor has left the series so things tend to yes...

hehe I don't have to work hard if I work, but I'm not working at all!

It was weird...looked like he was melting. Has anyone on eastenders died from bein melted into a pile of human soup...hmmm *wonders* Make it more interesting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Thats a lot of revision
    In retrospect, yes, but it was mainly science and I'm rubbish at science (although my revision helped me get A*A*A)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone find themselve in the curious situation whereby they consider themselves (!) to be quite intelligent, they have ambition, but they just don't get down to studying etc.?

I'm doing fine with all my A Levels etc., but I'm demonstrably un-dedicated and start work rarely before deadlines rear their nasty heads; I feel I could be doign a lot better!

So...Anyone watch Eastenders yesterday?

Tobes
    yes i totally understand where ur coming from i havent worked at all during the holidays and im known as "lastminute.com" in my family! im professional at late nights and stressy caffeine overdoses! but i still cant work according to my schedule!

ReputationRep:
    You only get bored if you are boring!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone find themselve in the curious situation whereby they consider themselves (!) to be quite intelligent, they have ambition, but they just don't get down to studying etc.?

I'm doing fine with all my A Levels etc., but I'm demonstrably un-dedicated and start work rarely before deadlines rear their nasty heads; I feel I could be doign a lot better!

So...Anyone watch Eastenders yesterday?

Tobes
    Yep, and now I am paying the price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Yep, and now I am paying the price.
    Me too.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    You only get bored if you are boring!
    You'er boring when you're bored, by definition! But it's not that simple so ner :P

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather still work than watch EastEnders or Coronation Street... but that's just me... When I'm bored I just log on to UKL. Just to read threads on boredom and be even more bored... Isn't it sad.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.