Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i was just interested to know what prospective universities everyone is applying or going to (according to your age) and what course you are taking and why? :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Well I've just finalised my application and sent it off today and choose
    University - Course - Reason

Edinburgh - Medicinal and Biological Chemistry - Top uni and I like the freedom scottish uni's give you
    Glasgow - Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry - Top uni and I like the freedom scottish uni's give you
    Loughborough - Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry - As a safety incase I dont do as well as I hope (entrance requirements are low)
    Reading - Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry - Good uni which I like, Good course
    St Andrews - Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry - Top uni and I like the freedom scottish uni's give you (joint favourate)
    York - Chemistry, Biological and Medicinal Chemistry - Top uni, excelent course (joint favourate)

These were my final choices out of the 10-15 or so that would take my subject combination. and I choose these courses because as you can probably guess I want to go into the drugs manufacturing industry or drugs research, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Im going to Bristol to study biology. I chose the subject I wanted to do first-its the one i found easiest/most enjoyed at school-then i looked at what courses unis offered, ie what aspects of biology was studied, then chose the ones that most appealed to me x

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for French and Spanish because I love languages I'm definitely applying to Cambridge and Durham, but I need to choose 4 more out of 7 (Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter, Manchester, Newcastle, Royal Holloway and Sheffield).

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Engineering after been rejected for Economics last year... because... well I like Physics and Maths... and Designing and it's a degree my dad would finance! See mi sig for the universities!

ReputationRep:
    Starting at University of Ulster this Sept. studying History & Politics. Put it down as a choice because it was the only one that really did the particular course I wanted.....ended up going because every other option rejected me!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.