Summer Storage Watch

Laupro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey, was just wondering if anyone new of any good relatively cheap storage companies. Only problem is i cant drive so need them to come to me. i have found one but then the price shocked me majorly just wonder is anyone has done this and had good experience with any companies or bad experiences or can help in anyway?

Thanks
moonlit_streets
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There is a company that comes up to Hillheads and Crombie etc. Can't remember what it's called, but it's stupidly expensive for the tiny amount of storage you get. I hired a huge crate at a storage place near the airport and got a friend to drive me there. Could you do that? Or perhaps take a taxi?

There's also a place on the number 5 bus route, near the huge Tesco, so you could bus with your stuff there (but obviously, depending on how much stuff you've got, that could take the best part of a day!)
Laupro
Rep:
?
kewl thanks...i cud try a taxi but cud get expensive...you wouldnt happen to remember any names of the place?
moonlit_streets
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laupro)
kewl thanks...i cud try a taxi but cud get expensive...you wouldnt happen to remember any names of the place?
FlexiStore come to campus to pick your stuff up and drop it off at your new place for you, but when I looked into it, it was £100 for 5 boxes (fairly small ones) which was nowhere enough for me.

Simply Self Storage are the company on the number 5 bus route that I mentioned. Didn't end up going with them, cus they didn't have the size storage I wanted available, but I did leave booking my storage until the last minute!

I used Aberdeen Self Storage - that was amazing. But I shared it with a friend, so it was only £90 for the summer. But the crate was MASSIVE - it was large enough to stand up in and lay down in.

Could you maybe ship a couple of suitcases home instead? Don't know where they'd be going, but it was only £30 for me to ship a case from Newcastle to Aberdeen.
Laupro
Rep:
?
thanks for the names, i can get calling. and i would ship suitcases home but i live in plymouth in the south west so its quite a way and its that i have a fridge and a tv and printer and such other stuff that i doubt can be shipped home...and would not want it at home really or to have to send it back up again later. Thats my major problem really clothes i can take home with me as i will be on a train and can load of many suitcases but a fridge wont be easy lol. but thanks for the names
moonlit_streets
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laupro)
thanks for the names, i can get calling. and i would ship suitcases home but i live in plymouth in the south west so its quite a way and its that i have a fridge and a tv and printer and such other stuff that i doubt can be shipped home...and would not want it at home really or to have to send it back up again later. Thats my major problem really clothes i can take home with me as i will be on a train and can load of many suitcases but a fridge wont be easy lol. but thanks for the names
T'is fine. I used CarryMyLuggage for shipping cases, and I seem to remember they shipped almost anything of any size anywhere, so if storage is looking too expensive, you could try that. An alternative to all of that, and certainly cheaper, would be to see if any of your friends have leases starting on flats in June or July because they could maybe take in your stuff for a substantially reduced rate?

Worth noting if you have a fridge and tv, FlexiStore isn't going to be an option, because when I looked at their boxes, I couldn't fit my printer into one because of the box dimensions.
Laupro
Rep:
?
Thanks, i have actually ended up going for flexistore lol, i manage to get them to take my fridge and tv in the boxes i have, and then ask for larger boxes then the ones they give for the student offer and managed to get 6 large boxes plus me fridge and tv for £140, which is not bad seeing the prices all over the others i called up gave me £200+ but thanks anyway. I am also using the carrymyluggae thing too
yumeish
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Old thread but I couldn't find any newer ones so here goes.

How big are the boxes for the Student Storage at FlexiStore and was the 140£ for a month or more?

Or does anyone have new information for summer storage? I remember seeing some flyers for the uni's own storage thing at the end of the fall semester but I haven't found any information online.
moonlit_streets
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yumeish)
Old thread but I couldn't find any newer ones so here goes.

How big are the boxes for the Student Storage at FlexiStore and was the 140£ for a month or more?

Or does anyone have new information for summer storage? I remember seeing some flyers for the uni's own storage thing at the end of the fall semester but I haven't found any information online.
I can't remember the box sizes - just can remember they were no good for me!

http://www.flexistore.co.uk/student-storage/ - there's a link in there to contact them about storage, so they should be able to give you a quote
orangelemur
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know this thread is old but this might help current students. Last year at Bristol University I tried a few different solutions and LOVESPACE were by far the best. They pick up from university for free, store it for £9.95 a month, then deliver it anywhere in the UK for £4.95 (so you can send it home or to next year's accommodation). It worked really well for me because I don't have a car and it combined collection, storage, and delivery. Definitely a good shout and this promo code should give you 10% off: LOVE547A
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (65)
14.25%
The paper was reasonable (244)
53.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (107)
23.46%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
8.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed