Turn on thread page Beta

NatWest's railcard offer application and UCAS number watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saree)
    Doesn't your railcard need a photo...so we'd probably have to receive a form for the rail card and then send off for one.
    yes, I didnt recieve my student welcoming pack from my local branch, so I rang them up. Apparently they forgot to send me one ... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_boom)
    yes, I didnt recieve my student welcoming pack from my local branch, so I rang them up. Apparently they forgot to send me one ... :confused:
    Same happened to me. They suck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saree)
    Doesn't your railcard need a photo...so we'd probably have to receive a form for the rail card and then send off for one.
    You just use any passport sized photo (there's a space to stick it on the form).

ReputationRep:
    Now iv received my UCAS acceptance form i probably will be applying with Natwest due to the free Rail Card, although i first will have to open up an account with them.

ReputationRep:
    you can open up an account at www.natwest.co.uk

They will then send you your account details and after that (approx) two weeks you will receive your welcoming pack with student railcard application form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themesong)
    you can open up an account at www.natwest.co.uk

They will then send you your account details and after that (approx) two weeks you will receive your welcoming pack with student railcard application form
    thanks themesong, at last my question is answered!

ReputationRep:
    Nat West are pathetic.

Yesterday I went all the way into town to open up a student account with them - took with me my passport, my university acceptance letter with my name and address on it and my ucas acceptance letter with my name and address on it. Lady I spoke to said she can't help me because I needed another form of identification with my name and address. I pointed out that they stated you need two letters with name/address on them and that I had them, but she insisted that I needed another.

Later on in the day I went to the different Nat West closer to my home (after collecting another letter) and they said they couldn't help me because there was nobody to see to me and they didn't have any rooms free.

Went back today. Said the same thing - so I now have a meeting penned in for 3pm tomorrow.

Absolute disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    Natwest are a bit up down. Badly organised too. When i ask for my current account to be upgraded to a student account, how do they end up giving me a seperate student account!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Last year, I tried to open an account with Natwest, but they said I couldn't coz I'd never had a bank account (:confused: ). So I went away and opened one with HSBC.

Then, I got Natwest stuff through coz they'd opened me an account!

So I tried to close it but couldn't, as my signature didn't match the one they had on file as I'd never given them a signature.

So I phoned em and complained and it all got sorted

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2005
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.