Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwen)
    hey, swings and roundabouts, at least they achieved it in your case.
    Love might be a bit strong of a term for it. I can tolerate it, but I don't really go for fiction, regardless of the form.

[btw, your sig cracks me up ...you were the one who previously had 'thank the hockey gods for blessing my fair city', right?]
    Yeah, that was until the hockey gods sent my favorite player to a different team three hours after he re-signed with his original (and my formerly favorite) team, forgoing arbitration. It was a cruel, cruel joke, and I shant forgive them for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    Yeah, that was until the hockey gods sent my favorite player to a different team three hours after he re-signed with his original (and my formerly favorite) team, forgoing arbitration. It was a cruel, cruel joke, and I shant forgive them for it.
    Are you talking about Hossa? That was an interesting turn of events...didn't see it coming, I don't think anyone did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwen)
    Are you talking about Hossa? That was an interesting turn of events...didn't see it coming, I don't think anyone did.
    Yes. It totally blindsided me (I follow these things intensely), and hurled me into a sea of despair. To think of the awesome talent that is Hossa being wasted on the Nascar-loving, Confederate flag-waving, tobacco-chewing citizens of Atlanta just makes me cringe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    Yes. It totally blindsided me (I follow these things intensely), and hurled me into a sea of despair. To think of the awesome talent that is Hossa being wasted on the Nascar-loving, Confederate flag-waving, tobacco-chewing citizens of Atlanta just makes me cringe.
    Wasn't it a 2 in 1 switch? Hossa and de Vries for Heatley?
    The Senators are far better than the Thrashers, imo. But I'll solve your problem for you: become a Leafs fan. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwen)
    Wasn't it a 2 in 1 switch? Hossa and de Vries for Heatley?
    Yes, although, De Vries was just a salary dump, so it's not really that Atlanta wanted him.

The Senators are far better than the Thrashers, imo. But I'll solve your problem for you: become a Leafs fan. :p:
    Ha! They're only above NYR on my ranking of NHL teams. I'd sooner quite watching the sport altogether than become a Leafs fan! I'm still a Habs fan, and Pittsburgh is going back up, so that'll be nice. And, I will have to be a begrudging Thrashers semi-fan, but only because I want Hossa to bring them success so that Muckler and the Senators realize what fools they were for getting rid of Hossa in favor of a player who is damaged goods with a questionable future.

I'm slightly bitter...

ReputationRep:
    we shouldn't be forced to study him... he wrote the plays for enjoyment and entertainment, not study and boredom... i understand why we are forced to study him but still...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but it shouldn't be overdone, there should be enough time left to study other works, to get a broad impression of literature.

ReputationRep:
    shakespeare is God.

who voted 'who the hell is shakespeare?':rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i dont like the fact i have studied twelfth night twice, but his plays aint too shabby, and kids should learn about his work but also others aswell

ReputationRep:
    But kids do learn about others as well! I think many people seem to be bypassing that fact a little and are talking like English classes = non-stop Shakespeare-a-rama.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polythenepam)
    U either love him or hate him, i love him i think he is fantastic, but shud we be forced to study him?
    I think yes, I did a GCSE coursework piece on Julius Ceaser, most enjoyable piece of coursework I did!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.